Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Based on this would you go against sizing down for the Pro Wrap? I have a 27 HV Powerwrap in my boots now. Wide foot/High instep and small heel/skinny calf. Worried about adding too much volume over my instep but need the ankle to stay put.
    Thoughts?
    I'm a moran. Sorry for not seeing this.

The Pro Wrap is interesting and because of the Strobel sole does not have the margin of error for fitting as all the foam soled liners do. That Strobel sole is obviously not going to stretch and too long for the shell it well crease and too short also not ideal. Those would be extremes either way though.

I am a ~273mm foot and would have gone for a 27.5 Pro Wrap but was at Intuition and got to try on a 27.5 and it was too long (for my foot: there was obvious length I did not need or want). I went with a 26.5 and it was a perfect fit for length. I have chicken feet. Low C width, high instep and arch but otherwise just euro pasty white skin and bone. I mention that as maybe a higher volume foot will cause the length to "pull in" a bit when molding?

So as long as you have a performance shell fit I would fit a Pro Wrap to the shell rather than your foot.

The Power Wraps and obviously more so the Pro Wrap (with the wider toe and Stobel sole) are significantly lower volume than a HV Wrap so I cannot see you having an issue with too much volume. And as long as your shell fit is good in heel I cannot see the Pro not working. And the nice thing about the Pro is if it doen't work there is no shortage of demand for that model so no problem reselling it

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    whats the consensus for best intuition liner for ski touring. Im riding Hoji 130's ski hard and take airs.

Intuition fit form ticket is saying Pro Tour medium fit. I read on here a lot of you saying Dream liner is the way to go. Input please.

Thx
    The tour has the flex panel behind achilles. The DL does not (as far as I know). I'd say Tour. I have a pair. Work great. Lots of easy rearward flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    I ordered the FT pro tour liner but returned it before molding. Much the the interior foam is super soft and doesn’t look heat moldable - very different from the dense supportive foam on the inside of an intuition Powerwrap for example
    2nd this.

The FT Pros are like an Intuition Pro Wrap in design, but yes, def a softer foam lining and not sure how much is Intuition HD foam under that.

I think FT could sell a whack of them if they were not $200 MSRP which is too close to an Intuition all HD foam liner price. And the very same liner they sell for $200 as a performance piece is the Pro liner that comes in all their top boots so it is designed to feel nice in the shop for all the retail customers. If they had an Intuition HD liner in them nobody would buy their boots based on shop try on.

I do not think they are a bad liner. I have used a few "Intuition" FT liners in the past. They will not have the precision or longevity of a full HD foam liner, but I believe they are still good. They just need to be MSRP $149.

Any tips on home-molding a Powerwrap Plus liner? I've molded a few pairs of Pro Tours and Dreamliners at home, but the Intuition site recommends having Powerwraps and other stiff liners fitted in a shop since they require more attention.

Is there anything that needs to be done differently for a Powerwrap vs. a Pro Tour? I usually heat the entire liner in the oven since I prefer a more aggressive mold than the bag of rice approach provides.

I find the Pro Wrap and any other with the Strobel sole the most difficult as that sole gets sticky when warm and gets hung up entering the boot.

If a cabrio/3 piece shell then all molding of any Intuition at home is quite simple.

If you've been comfortable doing PT's and DL's into overlap shells, then a Wrap, although more tedious, should be doable. I say wrap is more tedious as tongue liners have more stitching as well as the tongue to provide more integrity to the liner going in. A wrap can get pretty messed up.

Plus it's a PW+ and that is a lot of marshmallow being stuffed into a shell that is trying to stop you from stuffing it into it.

Personally, in an overlap with a PW+ I'd want an extra set of hands (or yooper's contraption) or two pulling that shell as far open as possible otherwise I cannot see it going too well.

I have the hoji 130 and i find the stock liners to be excellent. I had 45 date on them and they didn't pack in at all, plus they are pretty comfortable.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I have the hoji 130 and i find the stock liners to be excellent. I had 45 date on them and they didn't pack in at all, plus they are pretty comfortable.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    80 days and liner is pooched. It’s causing me problems. Hoj boss himself told me to change the liner for happier feet at this point....

Tour wrap ftw. Fights off the rona foot fungus too

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Tour wrap ftw. Fights off the rona foot fungus too

Thx- grinch, appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post
    Thx- grinch, appreciate it!
    If youre doing anykind of walking id think you really want some kind of tour liner for that heel welt. Either tongue or wrap. The dunafit liners in my tlt6 and vulcan fit comfy but were cold and packed and wore out. Tried 2 different intuition tour liners with the tongue. One in the tlt 6 first. The velcro bump where the tongue attaches to the liner just behind my toes was unbearable. Regeated and worked on it a bunch without success. A year or 2 later repeated the process on the vulcan because it has more room in the forefoot of the clog. Same thing. Major discomfort and ended up hacking the liner to shit with a knife on the youngs traverse. Glad the skiing was really good because that was a bit of an ordeal. Super happy with the tourwrap liners. Really glad they made those. Not as stiff, with the touring welt, as a normal intuition wrap liner but they still skied better than the vulcan liner that i didnt have a problem with skiing. If the hoji volume and length is similar to the vulcan you may want to size up on the liner. I sized up and it fits perfect. That liner crumples at the toe in the same size atomic hawx xtd130

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    Personally, in an overlap with a PW+ I'd want an extra set of hands (or yooper's contraption) or two pulling that shell as far open as possible otherwise I cannot see it going too well.
    This is good info, thanks. It's an overlap boot, and I can barely fit the unmolded PW+ liner into the shell, so I'll use baby oil and rig up a shell stretcher. Do you have any pics of yooper's device? I've seen his tutorial, but the images are no longer hosted.

What would the collective recommend I put in my Head Raptor 140s?

Me: high instep, wide-ish forefoot, fairly narrow heel. In a 26.5 shell, with moderate punching for width in the forefoot and a little boot board work to accommodate my instep. Snug-ish but not crazy aggressive shell fit, maybe 5/8". I'm pretty happy with the stiffness of the boot, and generally prefer tongue liners. The stock liners aren't terrible but are a little tired, and I wouldn't mind a slightly more snug fit in the heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    This is good info, thanks. It's an overlap boot, and I can barely fit the unmolded PW+ liner into the shell, so I'll use baby oil and rig up a shell stretcher. Do you have any pics of yooper's device? I've seen his tutorial, but the images are no longer hosted.
    I do not. That's unfortunate the pics are no longer up. It was kind of over-the-top unless you were a one man show molding a lot of liners and would need this thing all the time.

From memory, it was basically a 3' x 3' piece of plywood where he had anchored (what would have to be) mini tie down straps. I guess you could use other straps if there was a simple way of adjusting the tension. There were 4 straps: 2 at the front corners and 2 sort of at the rearward sides (if that makes any sense). At the ends of the straps were hooks to fasten to the shell. The shell was spread way open so definitely effective. Shit, he may have even had the boot in a binding mounted to that board! Now I really wish those pics were available.

I'd think getting a couple friends to help you would be a lot easier, but for the few $ and being you are doing a PW+ in an overlap, it could be well worth it to have a shop do it and ideally only have to do it once.

I've molded a lot of Intuitions and I've fukt up a lot of them. It's an expensive learning experience. Those liners can be molded multiple times. I would say 3 times before really noticing any degradation in them and by that I mean by mold #4 the shrinkage is noticeable: they get smaller and thinner. If you get them too hot on any mold it just accelerates that process. Point is, if you can get them right on mold #1, I believe you have the best product.

Also, silicone spray is a better choice than baby oil.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post

Me: high instep, wide-ish forefoot, fairly narrow heel. In a 26.5 shell, with moderate punching for width in the forefoot and a little boot board work to accommodate my instep. Snug-ish but not crazy aggressive shell fit, maybe 5/8". I'm pretty happy with the stiffness of the boot, and generally prefer tongue liners. The stock liners aren't terrible but are a little tired, and I wouldn't mind a slightly more snug fit in the heel.
    I think a 5/8" shellfit (or ~15mm) is pretty ideal. Personal experience of going under 10mm and my big toes get ruined.

There's some misinformation out there so maybe some owners of the dreamliner of luxury liner can help. I may have the below backward but pretty sure it's right.

If your shellfit is good, and it reads like it is, I'd say a Dreamliner for you because I know it to be all high density foam. It has a thinner sole (also HD foam) than the Luxury so takes up less room and more footbed friendly. It has Intuitions "wide forefoot" design. This is basically a thinner piece of ultralon stitched around the toes/met heads in place of the otherwise thicker foam the rest of the upper is made of like on the Power Wrap, Alpine and PW+ liners.

The Luxury is also an option but two densities of foam. I'm pretty sure it's all HD with a medium density lining for comfort. The sole is fatter. Also has the wide forefoot thing.

Anybody know how Ultralon actually compares to Intuition? For a touring tongue liner the Ultralon ID that comes stock in a Dalbello Lupo HD is super compelling, relatively dense foam and a Strobel bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post

I have the same boots in the same size. I prefer the wrap style liner, so this might not really help you but I tried the power wrap which I have used in the past but it was too tight for me in the raptors. I ended up with the plug wrap which works well for me in this boot.

Some discussion in this thread, but no satisfying response imo. Can anyone recommend a replacement for the Scarpa F1 liner for the 27.5/28 shell size?

Could anyone give me a recommendation for a shop in denver that would is a good choice for molding an intuition liner for my alpine boots? Especially if they have a variety of their liners to get to see them in person

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Anybody know how Ultralon actually compares to Intuition? For a touring tongue liner the Ultralon ID that comes stock in a Dalbello Lupo HD is super compelling, relatively dense foam and a Strobel bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have found the stock Ultralon ID compacts really quick & I start to get heel slip. I toss that liner in on super colds days for lesser compression. For performance skiing, I swap out a wrap.

need new liners in my Zero G's. Got say circa 17mm gap when toe is at the front. size 24.5. am I to go 24 medium volume? is cooking them the rice method as easy as it looks on the tube?

Sent from my SM-G780G using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

I only use rice for fine tuning. I just chuck them in an oven heated to 350, turn the oven off, oven light on, keep an eye on them and take them out when they're nice and puffy.

Have someone help you hold the boot shell open so you can minimize the liner crinkling and indenting when you show me it in there.

I got the orange ID wraps and pwrwraps, IME they both work/ last about the same but i'm not really hard on foot wear

I wouldn't try to mold a pwrwrap solo, I think you need the instaler in addition to the person being molded

if you are not sure about your oven you cna buy a guage for 7$
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Could use some guidance. Looking to drop some Pro Tours into some Hoji PX (unless someone tells me Tour Wrap is way better).

I'm in a 26.5 with about a 2 finger shell fit - not great, but 25.5 was snugger than I wanted for a walking boot. Looking to get better heel hold and just replace the very flimsy stock liner. According to Inutition's site I think I should drop in a 27, but not entirely sure about that. Also not sure what volume I should go - I'm thinking if I go HV I can always just compress the shit out of it when molding if it's too tight in areas.

has anyone ever fucked a set of intuition liners up baking them?

Sent from my SM-G780G using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    has anyone ever fucked a set of intuition liners up baking them?
    ever?