Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    I like my zipfits. I couldn’t get heel hold in the intuitions for my touring boots, didn’t matter if they were wraps or tongues. The entire molding process is a pain in the ass with intuitions and I have seen more then one pair get molded and end up with different liner heights.

I fought with numerous intuitions, and finally bit the bullet and bought a GARA and a GFT. I’ll never go back. Heat the shells, slide in, sit for 10 minutes and most of the time it’s perfect. Might have to inject cork, but that can also be removed, so it isnt permanent.

The most confusing part in this thread are the guys with four or five seasons on a shell that are buying a new liner to put into an old shell, YOUR SHELLS ARE FUCKING SHOT AFTER 200 DAYS!!! Putting a new liner in something like that is a complete and total waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I like my zipfits. I couldn’t get heel hold in the intuitions for my touring boots, didn’t matter if they were wraps or tongues. The entire molding process is a pain in the ass with intuitions and I have seen more then one pair get molded and end up with different liner heights.

I fought with numerous intuitions, and finally bit the bullet and bought a GARA and a GFT. I’ll never go back. Heat the shells, slide in, sit for 10 minutes and most of the time it’s perfect. Might have to inject cork, but that can also be removed, so it isnt permanent.

The most confusing part in this thread are the guys with four or five seasons on a shell that are buying a new liner to put into an old shell, YOUR SHELLS ARE FUCKING SHOT AFTER 200 DAYS!!! Putting a new liner in something like that is a complete and total waste of money.
    I ski shells till they start to crumble. I have one foot over a size larger than the other one so fitting shells sucks. I’ll take some wear in my shells with new liners over refitting shells anyday.

I have more than 200 days on my Salomon smax 130s and they feel fine to me. I hear what you are saying but there are legit reason to hold shells longer. I’m thinking new liners and I can get 4 more years out of these.

I’ve got 400+ days on a set of zipfits I am finally replacing this year, but I’m pretty sure if I stuck more cork in them they’d give me another couple hundred days of use.

Every set of intuitions I ever used began to feel “roomy” after a few short days and I’d have to put extra foam around the ankles and stuff.

The cool thing about zipfits is also my least favorite thing sometimes. They mold to your feet every day you wear them, so if you begin to grow a bone spur they’ll give way and accommodate.

BUT… on warmer days, they end up a bit too squishy for me, but maybe that’s cuz I’ve had 450-500 days on mine, and they probably need more filling.

I’m very Intrigued by the new atomic mimic professional? Liner I saw mentioned here, or a full injected foam liner.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Anyone know if a "26.5" Full Tilt liner is the size equivalent of a 26 Intuition, or a 27? Or maybe they actually do split the difference, since FT is manufactured with slightly different foam densities / features.
    The Fullt Tilt Wraps, at least the ones that came with my Descendant 8, are NOT like an Intuition, the top 5cm at the shin is made with a shitty material that is not intuition foam, gave me a hard spot, I just threw them and got a Pro Wrap instead.
    Good job Full Tilt for saving 0.1$ in foam.

Anyone using the Tour Wrap ?
    Thinking to get those for my Vulcans. At the moment I'm using a pro tour for (kinda) long tours, and a Dalbello Pro Wrap from the 2014 Lupo for longer tours, but they're starting to age, after like 200 days.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Woah. I’ve never had zipfits but my Intuition Pro Tongues are fricking burly. I can’t imagine anyone ever saying they weren’t durable enough to continue selling.

So what am I missing out on with zipfits?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    You're missing out on how fucking hard they are too put your foot in. Important if you ever have cold boots

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Intuition liners

So, anyone here willing to admit that custom injected molded liners hurt like fuck when the foot is out of the skier’s position? Ie— when your boots are hanging from your feet on a chairlift?

Because it seems to me that the more rad custom I get, the more I pay the price in all other stances that are different from the mold stance.

Yeah- my intuition pro tongues are rad when I am standing on my skis. And that’s pretty much the only moment they feel comfortable.

Unfortunately, life is a fucking highway.

I unapologetically use the foot rest on lifts for comfort when available

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    So, anyone here willing to admit that custom injected molded liners hurt like fuck when the foot is out of the skier’s position? Ie— when your boots are hanging from your feet on a chairlift?

Because it seems to me that the more rad custom I get, the more I pay the price in all other stances that are different from the mold stance.

Yeah- my intuition pro tongues are rad when I am standing on my skis. And that’s pretty much the only moment they feel comfortable.

Unfortunately, life is a fucking highway.

ya that’s the nice part about cork. When your foot is in the Zipfit and it’s warmed up a bit with the heat from your body it’s super comfy. And for all these guys saying it’s a pain in the ass, it’s not that bad if you don’t have a gut and your balance is decent. I leave my pink panthers in my truck at night usually and just take my liners in side. Some mornings my boots are -10 and I still get in with out a problem. No sprays, no tape, just practice. I guess skiing a Doberman 150 with lace ups from 15-19 will probably do that.

there’s zero way anyone could convince me to go back to an intuition or have a foam spray liner.

A note on zipfits. I saw someone else say you just heat the shell and throw them in to mold.

DO NOT DO THIS. I ruined a set of shells doing this, I have a very high instep, and molded my zipfits to my Dalbello DRS 130 shells, and instead of molding the liner I molded both. To accommodate my high instep, my boot bulged outward at the ankle, and it never regained its former shape, so my ankles(which are already low volume) would just roll around in the boot.

Heat the liners, and throw them in a COLD boot shell, then wear them. Or put them room temp on in the house and walk around for a few painful hours.

Don’t heat the shell. Especially if you have a high instep!

^^^ big difference between “warm the shell” and “heat the shell enough to move the plastic”.
    A slightly above room temp shell isn’t going to deform but will help get liner in and move the cork around abit quicker - not really necessary imho but others seem to like it.
    Fwiw I like my zips way more than any moldable liner I’ve ever had. They’re a big ragged but still perfectly useable after a LOT of days over many seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Climber Joe View Post
    Every set of intuitions I ever used began to feel “roomy” after a few short days and I’d have to put extra foam around the ankles and stuff.

Maybe after a few hundred days but not after a few shortdays, if you are sticking more padding on an intuition liner it sounds like the shell is wrong and/or too big for your foot
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Maybe after a few hundred days but not after a few shortdays, if you are sticking more padding on an intuition liner it sounds like the shell is wrong and/or too big for your foot
    No, I just have a very high instep, very large calf, and very narrow ankle. My feet/ankles are also hyper mobile, so I have to have them completely locked down, with a fully posted footbed, and custom liners. I have never owned a shell I could run without adding ankle foam. I usually have to cut all plastic off the liners at the instep, and grind down the boot boards too, and my footbeds are ground to extreme thinness under the heel and ball of my foot, so that’s not the problem either before you ask.

And sure I could go get a 93mm plug boot and grind the absolute fuck out of it, and finally get the fit dialed in after frostbite and bone spurs kick in, or I can just buy a Lange RX/RS 98mm last, or a Dalbello DRS, and run a zipfit with a little added cork, or intuitions with a little added ankle foam, and never have to do any boot work since I can swap my old, already ground down boot boards over, and the plastic has already been cut off the tongue of my zipfits.

well you didnt say anything about that ^^ but it still equates to a shell problem or a you problem not a intuition problem

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well you didnt say anything about that ^^ but it still equates to a shell problem or a you problem not a intuition problem
    They still pack out far too quickly IMO. My zipfits fit nearly identical after ≈500 days or so.

I think there are a lot of people with the wrong sized boot shell for whatever reason

In fact I experianced the oposite I went back to the Intuition factory outlet in Vancover for a re-mold after 3 or 4 years cuz the liner that was OKish in a Mercury shell became too tight in a Vulcan shell, even tho it was sposed to be virtualy the same shell the Vulcan shell was just a hair smaller ( stiffer boot cuz of thicker plastic ? ) than the Mercury shell

I was all set to buy new liners but Tom the well known fit guru at Intuition said " no you don't need new liners, come back in a few years"

Intuition rant- why can’t they seem to standardize any of their sizes. Sometimes a 24 is a 24; sometimes a 25 is a 24; sometimes two 24s branded for others are not either a 24.

Just bought some FT intuitions bc MDV is awol & I bought my size, next size up & next size down. One hopefully is a 24.

Same w their jr liners & my kids boots. Love em but they are all over the map in size.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Intuition rant- why can’t they seem to standardize any of their sizes. Sometimes a 24 is a 24; sometimes a 25 is a 24; sometimes two 24s branded for others are not either a 24.

Just bought some FT intuitions bc MDV is awol & I bought my size, next size up & next size down. One hopefully is a 24.

Same w their jr liners & my kids boots. Love em but they are all over the map in size.
    That always confused me. Also that they don't disclose how each liner actually fits. The HD Race is listed as a LV, but it is MV and high density so it actually takes up a ton of room, but the forefoot is LV and low density. It's actually one of the better fitting liners they make. I tried to get them to make a touring version of it, to no avail.

Intuition liners

Anybody, cough…GoldenBC, have experience using the Dreamliner or Luxury in their touring boot. I’m curious as talking with the guys at Skookum in Revy, they claim a lot of the locals use the Dreamliner to tour in. As you Golden, I don’t want to go with the Pro Tour as there’s too many seems/stitching on the ankle bones and the TourWraps just don’t have enough substance on the shin. I’m about ready to order a Dream LV for the Radicals, need a denser liner than stock.

And…what exactly is the difference between Dream and Luxury?

I used the Dreamliner for years in touring and alpine boots. I really liked it as the inner 2mm of soft foam is really comfy for long days of walking. I didn’t find the lack of rear articulation zone a big loss for touring. That said I’ve now been using the intuition made liners from dalbello lupos and like those more than the Dreamliner, mostly due to a stroble sole vs a 4mm foam. I think the luxury has an 8mm sole but I couldn’t find that info on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I toured with luxury liners in my khions for years. It was ok as long as I fully opened and took the buckles off the ladders. It does feel a bit weird when I do back to them from a boot with a touring liner. It's kinda bad at boot packing and terrible downclimbing. Not really an issue. I never downclimb as I full send all my lines.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

What’s a good liner alternative for a touring boot with not enough tongue? Me and my gf both have TLT 8s, and would very much love a more substantial liner tongue. The stock liner is floppy and paper thin, so you’re basically on the boot plastic instead of the liner.

Funny timing on this thread.

Just last week I ordered Pro Tour 28's to replace my Pro Tongues. Pro tongues were originally for my 27.5 Cochise 120's. They were too stiff for me once I put them into the Cochuse 130's.

My Pro Tongues are wearing out at the tongue where I pull them out to get my foot in. They outlasted my shells though and kept my toes warm. Stock Technica liners don't work for me at all.

Anyway, ordered medium volume. I hope that gives me enough room and I'll look forward to them being less stiff. Nothing worse than being in a boot I can't always flex like I want to. Would rather be a bit on the other side of that equation

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Funny timing on this thread.

Just last week I ordered Pro Tour 28's to replace my Pro Tongues. Pro tongues were originally for my 27.5 Cochise 120's. They were too stiff for me once I put them into the Cochuse 130's.

My Pro Tongues are wearing out at the tongue where I pull them out to get my foot in. They outlasted my shells though and kept my toes warm. Stock Technica liners don't work for me at all.

Anyway, ordered medium volume. I hope that gives me enough room and I'll look forward to them being less stiff. Nothing worse than being in a boot I can't always flex like I want to. Would rather be a bit on the other side of that equation

I had a 28 ProWrap in my 27.5 Cochise Pro, pretty happy with the liner and it stiffened the hell out of the boot which was mostly a positive for me at 200 lbs with poor ankle mobility, but could occasionally do a number on my shins at the top of the liner. I'm curious how the ProTongue compares to this, as the stiff wrap made walk mode flexibility really limited

Also, does anyone here know why Intuition on their site recommends going down a half size (27 for 27.5 boot) for the ProWrap or ProTongue, while recommending going up a shelf to a 28 for the PowerWrap? I can't figure out why.

For walk mode they were useless. Short tours they worked fine of course. I never did a long tour with them but I'd imagine it would be brutal.

28 Pro Tongue fit fine in the 27.5. I am surprised they would recommend to size down. I really loved the setup in my green 120's. In the 130's things just went over handlebars for me. The Pro Tongue is a stiff beast.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    For walk mode they were useless. Short tours they worked fine of course. I never did a long tour with them but I'd imagine it would be brutal.

28 Pro Tongue fit fine in the 27.5. I am surprised they would recommend to size down. I really loved the setup in my green 120's. In the 130's things just went over handlebars for me. The Pro Tongue is a stiff beast.

I can't figure out why they recommend sizing down / true to size (27 in a 27.5) for some liners while saying go up to a 28 in others. Doesn't make much sense to me