Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jrredho View Post
    I'm going to speculate that even if Scarpa label those liners that are listed as 285s, they're 280s or 290s. I have never seen an Intuition-labeled liner in other than a full size.

I know it's frustrating to have such difficulty getting these things into your boots. Do you have an ability in these Covid-19 times to visit a bootfitter to get their opinion? It's at least worth a try to get a second opinion from someone who's able to check your situation out physically.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck getting this sorted out.

cheers,
    john
    Thanks
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I've got 29.5 Salomon S/lab MTNs as a 50/50 boot and they fit well everywhere except the ankle/heel area. Too much space leading to some rubbing and blisters (on my inside heel especially). Two finger fit if I squish my fingers a little. I've got some extra foam and a spoiler added, which has helped but not completely fixed the problem. Any thoughts on if an intuition liner would improve things? And if so which? I care more about comfort and ease touring than stiffness and skiing precision. Pro tour? Freeride? Luxury?

Quote Originally Posted by goolick View Post
    I've got 29.5 Salomon S/lab MTNs as a 50/50 boot and they fit well everywhere except the ankle/heel area. Too much space leading to some rubbing and blisters (on my inside heel especially). Two finger fit if I squish my fingers a little. I've got some extra foam and a spoiler added, which has helped but not completely fixed the problem. Any thoughts on if an intuition liner would improve things? And if so which? I care more about comfort and ease touring than stiffness and skiing precision. Pro tour? Freeride? Luxury?
    I switched to MV Pro Tours in my Mtn Labs and it helped with heel hold. I would also try some thin ankle socks, like these ones: https://www.ezeefitsports.com/product-p/011.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    I switched to MV Pro Tours in my Mtn Labs and it helped with heel hold. I would also try some thin ankle socks, like these ones: https://www.ezeefitsports.com/product-p/011.htm
    Thanks for the info. Did you size up/down on the half size?

Intuition recommends to round up in Tour Pro. For example for 27.5 shell go with 28.0. the length felt spot on.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I got some new mv pro tours in 29. Don't fit in my shells. Pm if you want to buy them
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    Intuition recommends to round up in Tour Pro. For example for 27.5 shell go with 28.0. the length felt spot on.

The site does indeed say that.. I did the fitting eval form with my 29.5 boot info and they recommended size 29. I'mma try and clarify with them and jhyatt I may be interested.

Like Robik, I sized up a half size in Pro Tour MVs for my MTN Labs, and they fit very well now. I also just bought some size 24 Pro Tours for some size 23.5 Sportiva Sparkles, and they are way too long.

Anyone have some 23s and want to swap for some 24s?
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Like Robik, I sized up a half size in Pro Tour MVs for my MTN Labs, and they fit very well now. I also just bought some size 24 Pro Tours for some size 23.5 Sportiva Sparkles, and they are way too long.

Anyone have some 23s and want to swap for some 24s?
    La Sportiva measures short. I'm solid 27.5 for shells from Tecnica, Salomon and Dynafit but in Synchro my big toes were blue even with toenails clipped.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I got some new mv pro tours in 29. Don't fit in my shells. Pm if you want to buy them
    On the outside chance that I was hallucinating when I told you I had put those 27 MV Luxury Liners from my previous post in my 26 Scarpa TXs, as well as to ensure that my end of the horse is no longer bleeding, I dug those things out of my closet and tried it again. I was successful: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vc7mvod0ho...2016.17.20.jpg. And yes, I double checked that the liner was all the way down into the shell.

When you try to stuff your liners in your boot shells, do you have the shells in walk mode? Are you sure that nothing on the shell, such as the a buckle or flap, is snagging the laces? Are you grasping the liners low, close to where the Achilles meets the liner sole? Finally, is the back of the liner sole getting caught up and folding the plastic from the boot clog of the shell? If you've handled all of that, then, yeah, maybe it's time to move on. It's a shame though.

All the best,
    john

I sized up to 25 for the liner (24.5 shell size).

This is probably buried somewhere in the thread but, Tour Wraps vs Pro Tour MV's? Intuition says that the MV's will take up more volume than the Tour Wraps. Anyone conform that the MV's are thicker? Tour Wraps lie in the middle of the Tour Pro LV and The MV?

I got pro wrap to beef up my alpine dalbello. Went 26.5 in 26.5 alpine lupo AX. Tour wrap in my lupo AX touring boot. That liner came out of OG green lupo. Intuition FTW

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

FS 28 power wraps new 115.00 shipped..

Thanks for the info all.. I think Pro tour MV 30 is the liner for me.. gonna keep sticking it out with my current liners unless a deal rolls along.

Ok,

This feels a bit like I’m losing my religion to say this publicly.

I have been a Zipfit fanboi for a decade or so. I still think they are the most durable liners in existence.

But I have low volume ankles and heels, and my Haglund’s deformities get bigger every ski season. So I’m at the point that I’m willing to sacrifice some degree of performance for increased comfort and padding.

I tried some HV Intuitions in my alpine boots today. They were great. And they padded my Haglund’s deformities on my heels better than my Zipfits.

So... if anyone wants to try a Zipfit 27 Grand Prix with lots of extra OMFIT or a Zipfit Gara 26, send me a PM. I’ll make the price maggot worthy.
    Last edited by DGamms; 12-04-2020 at 06:43 PM.

PM sent on Garas.
    Thanks

I have a new pair of Tecnica Zero G Touring boots in 28.5, a size up from what I wear in alpine boots. They're an improvement over my last touring boots, but I would still like to feel more locked in when skiing. I have a really skinny flat narrow foot and pretty low volume ankle. I would really like a liner to take up as much space as possible, lock my heel down, and provide a good stiff feeling through the cuff.

I filled out the questionnaire at Intuition's website and the answer I was given was "Pro Tour MV 29". However I'm wondering 1. Why not HV? 2. Would a wrap work better? I've toured in wrap liners before back in the olden days (Garmont Megaride days). I was okay with how they toured and it seems worth it to suffer a bit to make the skiing better. I don't think I'm concerned with this making the boots uncomfortable.

Does anyone else have a similar foot to me, who has had success taking up space like this? It seems like most people here who talk about difficult feet have problems on the opposite end of the spectrum. I know this might just come down to me having to spend some money to experiment.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

A tongue liner allows you to switch to the HV tongue

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Well the dickish answer would be to go see a competent boot fitter but given the pandemic and challenges to even get an appointment i'm happy to offer my $0.02 so long as you only take it at face value.

1) Sounds like your foot is on the lower volume side for their length which usually means you're going to be better off with a size down and some toe punches vs trying to fill volume. Why the size up from your alpine boots here?
    2) If you liked wraps and the feel they bring to the shin/cuff i'd forgo pro-tours and go with a tour-wrap.. They only come in MV IIRC
    3) If you still need extra ankle support after molding them, add on an ankle pad

And if you ski them only to end up sizing down, i know a pair of 28.5 feet that would gladly take yer sloppy seconds

I saw GregL who was very helpful and knowledgeable. He agreed these boots are probably about the best option for me, but if I understood him correctly, he doesn't have strong feelings about aftermarket liners, as he goes through boots fast enough he never uses any. We're still chatting about options, but I thought I'd try to tap into the knowledge of everybody else here too.

I don't think I could have the toe of a 27.5 punched out enough to tour in. My alpine boots are a 27.5 Krypton. They work great as long as the liner is really tight everywhere and I'm in a skiing stance. I tried a pair of Lupos, using the same power wrap liner, which fit and ski the same. Unfortunately if I put it in walk mode and stand up straight, my big toe mashes against the front of the boot. I had a minor toe punch done on those boots and it wasn't enough. Also, using the stock thin liners causes the same problem, makes my foot free to move forward.

I'd also be interested in playing around with spoilers, does anybody know any that are available aftermarket? The Tecnicas came with a weird little velcro wedge that I don't really know what to do with.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Long time listener, first time caller:

I bought some liners in last winter's group buy and did the rice/sock mold method. Don't feel it went perfectly the first time so I rebaked, but don't feel it went right the second time either. So I want to do it a third time. Is that a problem (I believe I have read that it's not the baking that packs liners out, it's the wearing/skiing, so rebaking isn't an issue)?

Also, does the rice in the sock need to be replaced? It's been sitting in the sock since the spring. I feel like I need to get the liner hotter than the first tries, so maybe the rice sock is holding me back.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What liner did you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    I have a new pair of Tecnica Zero G Touring boots in 28.5, a size up from what I wear in alpine boots. They're an improvement over my last touring boots, but I would still like to feel more locked in when skiing. I have a really skinny flat narrow foot and pretty low volume ankle. I would really like a liner to take up as much space as possible, lock my heel down, and provide a good stiff feeling through the cuff.

I filled out the questionnaire at Intuition's website and the answer I was given was "Pro Tour MV 29". However I'm wondering 1. Why not HV? 2. Would a wrap work better? I've toured in wrap liners before back in the olden days (Garmont Megaride days). I was okay with how they toured and it seems worth it to suffer a bit to make the skiing better. I don't think I'm concerned with this making the boots uncomfortable.

Does anyone else have a similar foot to me, who has had success taking up space like this? It seems like most people here who talk about difficult feet have problems on the opposite end of the spectrum. I know this might just come down to me having to spend some money to experiment.
    Frankly if you are on board with wraps (I won’t ski anything else) I would go tour wrap. I have been very happy with them.

I use a 26 in a 26.5 zero g.

In a 28.5 zero g I’d normally say use the 28. You will certainly feel allot more locked in that the regular liner.

If you want to take up more volume you could use a 29 tour wrap and the extra foam will take up volume. But I’m guessing your 27 alpine boot is a pretty close she’ll fit hence the step up for touring and so the 28 intuition in the 28.5 zero g would probably be a good fit.

I think I’d be tempted to try the 28 first though. And sell it on if it’s not right. Single mold intuitions still sell for $90.

I disliked pro tour liners.

Quote Originally Posted by counterfeitfake View Post
    The Tecnicas came with a weird little velcro wedge that I don't really know what to do with.
    That's actually meant for the tongue.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025