Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Anyone have experience with the thick tongues for the Pro Tour? I have skinny calves and am trying to take up space in my boots, but don’t want to give up a significant amount of touring performance.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bumping this since it's time to think about new liners.

My stock ZeroG Pro Tour liners are clapped out after a big season, my pinky was getting mashed against the shell in a really unpleasant way by May.
    LeeLau has provided a ton of info in another thread about the Tour Wrap liner in these boots and it's definitely on my list of options. However, I don't need to make the boot any stiffer than is already is and I have a really tight shell fit in my 26.5, just around 1 finger. It took some serious shell work to make the boot work with my frankenfoot (no arch, very very flat, relatively skinny angle, wide forefoot). I'm wondering if I can make a medium volume liner work or if I should stick to an LV option which would exclude the TourWrap.
    Does anyone have experience with the TourMod? It seems to tick all the boxes, LV, wider forefoot, but I can't seem to find any comparison with the TourPro.
    Am I gonna die if I get a pair?
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

The tourwrap can compress a lot, I think it could work for you

So dalbello sources their liners from intuition. My dalbello ax wrap liners look different than my full tilts. Would imagine a true power wrap from intuition would look different than both. But intuition is great and have tour wrap and power wrap. Love my intuitions.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Dalbello wraps are great. Full Tilts, however are not, IMO. They use less intuition foam, especially at the top of the liner, the material is rigid / cheap, and it’s making pressure points for me at the shin, I had to replace them with an intuition pro wrap to solve the problem.

Hi I am looking for help in deciding on liners for two boots:

Nordica GPX130 in 27.5: FX race in 27? Stock liners are nice but sort of packed out. They say they have cork?

Scarpa F80 (same as F1) in 28.5: pro tour 29... medium volume? My complaint on the stock liners, besides being packed out, is that from the getgo I could not lace them up tightly because I have 'low volume calves' or skinny distance runner legs. So the two sides meet when lacing up before it's tight.

I have never used an overlap liner. seems comfy but does it affect range of motion in touring boots?

thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

My stock ZeroG Pro Tour liners are clapped out after a big season, my pinky was getting mashed against the shell in a really unpleasant way by May.
    LeeLau has provided a ton of info in another thread about the Tour Wrap liner in these boots and it's definitely on my list of options. However, I don't need to make the boot any stiffer than is already is and I have a really tight shell fit in my 26.5, just around 1 finger. It took some serious shell work to make the boot work with my frankenfoot (no arch, very very flat, relatively skinny angle, wide forefoot). I'm wondering if I can make a medium volume liner work or if I should stick to an LV option which would exclude the TourWrap.
    Does anyone have experience with the TourMod? It seems to tick all the boxes, LV, wider forefoot, but I can't seem to find any comparison with the TourPro.
    I'm in the same boat. Between 26 Pro Tour LV and 26 Tour Mod for a 25.5 Hawx XTD. I'm in a very tight shell fit (size 9.5 foot), less than 1 finger. The velcro "mods" on the Tour Mod have me a bit nervous, especially for the laces. Seems like a lot can go wrong. Gonna poke around some shops in SLC to see if I can get a look at them before making the final decision.

Quote Originally Posted by bthomson22 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Between 26 Pro Tour LV and 26 Tour Mod for a 25.5 Hawx XTD. I'm in a very tight shell fit (size 9.5 foot), less than 1 finger. The velcro "mods" on the Tour Mod have me a bit nervous, especially for the laces. Seems like a lot can go wrong. Gonna poke around some shops in SLC to see if I can get a look at them before making the final decision.
    Let me know if you find some of the Tour Mod in town, I'm in SLC too, called a few places, no luck
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Jong question- I’ve used liners from intuition factory, dalbello, scarpa...... but my fav have been the ones I’ve snagged from FullTilts (for messing around). What is this soft & spongy liner in the FT? The classic RD? FX?

Love em- pull em out of box & drop em in/go.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    So dalbello sources their liners from intuition. My dalbello ax wrap liners look different than my full tilts. Would imagine a true power wrap from intuition would look different than both. But intuition is great and have tour wrap and power wrap. Love my intuitions.

Dalbello no longer uses intuition.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Dalbello no longer uses intuition.
    Yep. And it shows. Less than 30 days on a pair of panterras and I have duct tape holding the liners together at the upper seam.

Looking to upgrade my Luxury MV that I tour with.
    I have very low volume heels, medium arch. I have to squeeze myself in less than a pinky shell fit then punch the crap out of the toe box. WIth all this the luxury mv that I am in is ok, but the toes are still a bit crammed and the heel could be tighter. I would like something that tours better through.

So should I get the:
    1. PRO TOUR MV, good flex for touring worried about heel being loose
    2. PRO TOUR HV, good flex for touring worried about toe being even more crammed
    3. PRO TOUR MV with Flex Tongue HV. Flex Tongue HV must be new I just saw it. Previously they only had Power Tongue HV which I thought would impede flex. Flex Tongue HV should push my heel back to lock it in and create space at the toe. This should be the ideal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post

Tour wrap’s thickness, I found, are in between the Pro Tour LV and MV. The Tour Wraps took up more volume than the stock liner in my Atomic Hawk XTD, and then that boot was too tight, but it worked great in my Technica Zero G Tour Pro’s. It’s weird, because the Tour Wraps made the stride more restrictive in the Hawks, but not in the Tour Pros.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
    Tour wrap’s thickness, I found, are in between the Pro Tour LV and MV. The Tour Wraps took up more volume than the stock liner in my Atomic Hawk XTD, and then that boot was too tight, but it worked great in my Technica Zero G Tour Pro’s. It’s weird, because the Tour Wraps made the stride more restrictive in the Hawks, but not in the Tour Pros.

Thanks, super valuable! In ended up ordering a Pro Tour LV and a Tour Wrap and that should cover the low end of the volume range pretty well. I don't have much room to start with and I have so beefy footbeds to build an arch for my lazy flat feet so MV doesn't is realistic.
    Re: stride, good to hear that Tour Wrap work well in the Tecnicas, for some reason I feel like a wrap liner should affect stride but I guarantee I don't have the ankle range of motion to notice...

I use scarpa f80, same as f1, in 28.5.
    I got some pro tours in 29 (said to size up) and tour wraps in 28 (said to size down) as I wanted to try wraps.

They are both way too big to fit in the shells. You can see they are just much longer than the stock liners. Like at least a cm.

I understand they will compress when molded but I can't even get them in the shells.

What's up? My liners are still usable but this season with covid I foresee more car camping and wanted spare dry liners.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
    If I'm looking to take up volume in the boot, looks like the Pro Tours in High Volume are the best bet? Anyone know if they'll work well with ZGTP's like the Tour Wraps?

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I use scarpa f80, same as f1, in 28.5.
    I got some pro tours in 29 (said to size up) and tour wraps in 28 (said to size down) as I wanted to try wraps.

They are both way too big to fit in the shells. You can see they are just much longer than the stock liners. Like at least a cm.

I understand they will compress when molded but I can't even get them in the shells.

What's up?
    As I mentioned on Gear Swap, I was able to get a pair of 27 Tour Wraps into my 26 Scarpa TX (NTN) boots. It was a tight fit, but they did compress.

Here's a photo of the molded 27 Tour Wrap and a new, unmolded 26 Tour Wrap:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hoi5uphnlz...2013.00.13.jpg

Note in particular the calf area to get a feel for how much things compress. I did have to replace the 4mm footbed that came with the liners with a Superfeet footbed.

Here's a photo of that unmolded 26 Tour Wrap, and an unmolded 27 Luxury Liner MV:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipsy447eba...2014.54.56.jpg

I know that this a different style of liner, but I have put at least one of those liners into the same Scarpa boots just to ensure that I could do it. It's also a tight fit, but at least in some cases you know that it can be done.

Good luck!

cheers,
    john

Quote Originally Posted by jrredho View Post
    As I mentioned on Gear Swap, I was able to get a pair of 27 Tour Wraps into my 26 Scarpa TX (NTN) boots. It was a tight fit, but they did compress.

Here's a photo of the molded 27 Tour Wrap and a new, unmolded 26 Tour Wrap:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hoi5uphnlz...2013.00.13.jpg

Note in particular the calf area to get a feel for how much things compress. I did have to replace the 4mm footbed that came with the liners with a Superfeet footbed.

Here's a photo of that unmolded 26 Tour Wrap, and an unmolded 27 Luxury Liner MV:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipsy447eba...2014.54.56.jpg

I know that this a different style of liner, but I have put at least one of those liners into the same Scarpa boots just to ensure that I could do it. It's also a tight fit, but at least in some cases you know that it can be done.

Good luck!

cheers,
    john
    Pics not showing for me
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Pics not showing for me
    I just right-clicked and "Open Link in New Tab"-ed both links from Tor Browser, and both pictures displayed. Did you try that?

john

OK I got the pics on my PC, they did not show on my phone.

I just can't even get them into the shell! I feel like there is no way these are going to fit so I am super confused. I have replaced liners (but not with these boots) before and this was never the case.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

OK I got the pics on my PC, they did not show on my phone.

I just can't even get them into the shell! I feel like there is no way these are going to fit so I am super confused. I have replaced liners (but not with these boots) before and this was never the case.
    ^ I had this experience w kids boots. Perhaps a scarpa liner from Seirra would be better.

FWIW I ran a pair of 30 pro tour in a pair of dynafit 29 Mercury shells that were similarly bigger than the stock liners. The liner fit was great upon heat molding (Intuition blower stack not rice bag); however after a year, they developed a crease just ahead of the metatarsal that mashed the crap out of my litte toes. I was able to heat it up with a heat gun and reduce the crease but went with a 29 tour wrap when getting new liners. I always wondered in the 29 pro tour would have been better from the start as it matched the factor liners and I had a proper shell fit (1 finger).

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    ^ I had this experience w kids boots. Perhaps a scarpa liner from Seirra would be better.
    Didn't know they sold scarpa liner.
    No 285 at this time
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

I've got a pair of Tour Pro LV 28.0 and they aren't taking enough space in my 27.5 Hoji Pro Tour boots. Stock liner just sucks and I can't even buckle it with the insole in. Tour Pro even with my high arch Sidas insoles floats in the shell. Didn't even try to heat them. Perfectly I'd like to trade for Tour Wrap or Tour Pro HV.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Didn't know they sold scarpa liner.
    No 285 at this time
    I'm going to speculate that even if Scarpa label those liners that are listed as 285s, they're 280s or 290s. I have never seen an Intuition-labeled liner in other than a full size.

I know it's frustrating to have such difficulty getting these things into your boots. Do you have an ability in these Covid-19 times to visit a bootfitter to get their opinion? It's at least worth a try to get a second opinion from someone who's able to check your situation out physically.

I wish you nothing but the best of luck getting this sorted out.

cheers,
    john