Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    How much of a difference is there between the Luxury liners and the Pro Tours? Except for the flex zone cutout? I understand the foam is slightly denser? How much worse do they tour, with or without laces?

The flex zone on the Pro Tour is a weak spot that I just tore in half on a pair, and now I'm considering some Luxury liners for my touring boots instead.

I’m tweaking a new pair of boots over the summer (Lange XT3) and it’s time to decide between Intuition and Mimic. Anyone have thoughts?

Wrap liners don’t treat me well (PowerWraps would bruise my feet somehow) but I’ve generally been happy with my tongue Intuitions. Currently in Dreamliners.

You've probably went through them already, but if not - check out the xt3 threads.

I seem to remember that some mags have had issues with running certain Intuition liners in xt3s due to the walking mechanism being enganged / lock while skinning. Can't recall / Dunno if the same thing happens with liners from other brands as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    I’m tweaking a new pair of boots over the summer (Lange XT3) and it’s time to decide between Intuition and Mimic. Anyone have thoughts?

Wrap liners don’t treat me well (PowerWraps would bruise my feet somehow) but I’ve generally been happy with my tongue Intuitions. Currently in Dreamliners.
    Its usually the other way around almost anyone can wear a wrap liner but tongue liners hurt the feet and usually those people have a high instep
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I’ll check the XT3 threads too. Been reading here and the Mimic thread but still a bit confused.

I thought I was going to love the wraps but hated them. I gave them a bunch of days too. I’m entirely sure what the problem is but I want nothing to do with them anyway since moving back to tongues.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    I’ll check the XT3 threads too. Been reading here and the Mimic thread but still a bit confused.

I thought I was going to love the wraps but hated them. I gave them a bunch of days too. I’m entirely sure what the problem is but I want nothing to do with them anyway since moving back to tongues.

I’m putting Zipfit GFTs in my XT3 and my XT3 pro tour. I tried intuitions wraps and tongues and never ended up getting along with them. But the zipfit in my pink panthers was life changing. I’ve used them to hike in my xt3’s and the cork likes to migrate a little and is a pain in the asss for like 4-5 runs in my plugs. I’ve been using my stock liners from my xt3 in both pairs for the time being because they have been better then the intuitions.

I've had Mimic, Mimic Professional, and Pro Wrap in the XT3s. I really think it needs to be said more on Mimics, they only work if you have a very close shell fit IMO because they are so thin throughout the forefoot. I really wanted to like the Mimic Professionals, but same thing, not enough material through the forefoot (and to anyone going foam injected liners, I think the alternatives are better, would really like to try Pulse).

I lucked into a pair of formed but never skied Pro Wraps from an athlete and I've been much happier in this setup, more hold, more comfortable, even ok XT3 type skinning with it. I will admit, the one knock on Intuition is it does 'deaden' or 'mute' somewhat the feel of the boot when other liners (like the Mimic Prof) maintain a more 'snappy' response but fit is fit and I would rather emphasize an all encompassing feel from a liner.

TG, what is it about the wraps that you don't think you like? Since trying on a suggestion from my shop co-worker, I'm now also a convert on wrapping the Booster around the liner and not the shell when using the Wrap to minimize the gap between shin and liner and maintain more even pressure.

I'm open to being wrong on this but IME, peeps not able to engage ski/tour on the XT3 is due to user error... Open buckles, then switch.
    Last edited by robnow; 07-24-2022 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    I’m putting Zipfit GFTs in my XT3 and my XT3 pro tour. I tried intuitions wraps and tongues and never ended up getting along with them. But the zipfit in my pink panthers was life changing. I’ve used them to hike in my xt3’s and the cork likes to migrate a little and is a pain in the asss for like 4-5 runs in my plugs. I’ve been using my stock liners from my xt3 in both pairs for the time being because they have been better then the intuitions.
    I guess I could give the stock liners a try, hadn’t really considered that!
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I've had Mimic, Mimic Professional, and Pro Wrap in the XT3s. I really think it needs to be said more on Mimics, they only work if you have a very close shell fit IMO because they are so thin throughout the forefoot. I really wanted to like the Mimic Professionals, but same thing, not enough material through the forefoot (and to anyone going foam injected liners, I think the alternatives are better, would really like to try Pulse).

I lucked into a pair of formed but never skied Pro Wraps from an athlete and I've been much happier in this setup, more hold, more comfortable, even ok XT3 type skinning with it. I will admit, the one knock on Intuition is it does 'deaden' or 'mute' somewhat the feel of the boot when other liners (like the Mimic Prof) maintain a more 'snappy' response but fit is fit and I would rather emphasize an all encompassing feel from a liner.

TG, what is it about the wraps that you don't think you like? Since trying on a suggestion from my shop co-worker, I'm now also a convert on wrapping the Booster around the liner and not the shell when using the Wrap to minimize the gap between shin and liner and maintain more even pressure.

I'm open to being wrong on this but IME, peeps not able to engage ski/tour on the XT3 is due to user error... Open buckles, then switch.
    It was two pairs of boots ago now, but I’m pretty sure I got a lot of pressure near the junction of the top of my foot and ankle, some kind of irritation in the shin, and bruising on my bunions. They skied well but were a mess for comfort. They also sucked to take on and off.

I have some boots with a similar walk function now (Lange XC 120) and don’t have a problem engaging the modes.

Sounds like Mimic might not be ideal for me. I don’t have the worlds snuggest fit because I have dainty ankles and a very wide forefoot with angry bunions.

Hey all, hoping for some maggot advice.

I have a pair of 20/21 Tecnica Cochise Pro 130s with somewhere north of 150 days on them. The shell fits perfectly after some punching and grinding and the boots are still in good working condition except that the liners are starting to get a bit packed out. I ski these boots with a stock footbed.

I use these boots as my primary inbounds and sidecountry boot. I do a fair amount of short range touring in them, but have a dedicated Zero Gs for longer backcountry missions.

I'm thinking it may be time to consider replacing the liners. I have narrow heels and ankles and I size down to a 26.5 from size 11 street/ running shoes. I have had several pairs of intuition liners in the past and I very much prefer a tongue liner to a wrap liner.

If I were wanting an intuition liner most similar to the fit and feel of the Tecnica C.A.S. liner, what would be my best bet? I'm thinking Pro Tour medium volume in a size 27 with the Pro Tour Power tongue. Does that sound correct?

I’m running Scarpa Maestrale XT’s and don’t really have input on the fit of the liner but the Pro Tour Tongue is the worst liner I’ve used. The velcro over the toes is unnecessary and created a pressure point. I moved to the Tour Wrap and is comfortable to tour in and ski, my favorite all around liner so far

Kevo, just call Intuition. Last time I had a question like that they 100% gave me the right answer and shipped me the liners.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Here's an intuition question which I emailed them about but never heard back. I have two different sized feet. I probably need new liners soon. Would Intuition sell me a pair with different volumes for each foot? Like a Dreamliner LV left and a MV right or something like that.

Anyone heard of such a thing?

Thanks everyone.

Based on the feedback of the pro tours not being great, I decided to replace with a stock Tecnica Cochise C.A.S. liner.

I don't hate the C.A.S. liner- I did some digging and found an old receipt and it turns out these boots are from 18/19, which means the liners have lasted in the range of 200 days. Not bad really, and I've been comfortable the whole time.

Hoping to get another season or two of use out of the boots.

Is there going to be a group buy this year?

Interestingly, I was in Bootdoctors Taos early last winter and they told me they weren’t dealing Intuitions any more. They said they weren’t durable enough, so now they’re only doing Zipfits aftermarket.

Woah. I’ve never had zipfits but my Intuition Pro Tongues are fricking burly. I can’t imagine anyone ever saying they weren’t durable enough to continue selling.

So what am I missing out on with zipfits?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Woah. I’ve never had zipfits but my Intuition Pro Tongues are fricking burly. I can’t imagine anyone ever saying they weren’t durable enough to continue selling.

So what am I missing out on with zipfits?

A lot.

No comparison in fit and performance.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

PSA: Evo has all Full Tilt parts/accessories 40% off, which includes the full tilt-branded intuition liners.

https://www.evo.com/shop/ski/boots/s...ners/full-tilt

I'm debating intuitions tongues vs the new Atomic injectable foam liners (but for Head boots). Was gonna get in with a local bootfitter and compare the options, but 40% off and a DIY heat mold is tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by singlesline View Post
    PSA: Evo has all Full Tilt parts/accessories 40% off, which includes the full tilt-branded intuition liners.

I'm debating intuitions tongues vs the new Atomic injectable foam liners (but for Head boots). Was gonna get in with a local bootfitter and compare the options, but 40% off and a DIY heat mold is tempting.
    Thanks for the heads up. Snagged some pro tour wraps.

Go with the Atomic. The fit is insane, and the feeling of that goo molding around your foot is almost worth the price of the liner.

So there was a time around 2000, the late ‘90’s, when silicone injected liners were the shit. Nordica.

They hurt so bad while hanging from my feet in the chairlift that I have written off super-custom liners.

I now ask that rad skiers please explain why you like your liners.

I recently bought an Intuition Pro Tongue. I have maybe 30 days on it. It gets better everyday. But that doesn’t mean it’s rad.

I’m only kinda convinced that Intuition is a solution beyond a replacement liner for an old boot.

Do those of you who buy new liners at the same time you buy new boots, prefer Intuition over Zipfit?

Too bad sizes are very limited, and not in my size.

Is a group buy going to happen this year? My pro tours in my Lange XT are just about down and starting to hurt my right foot. Some work might solve the issue, but four seasons on them is a good run.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    So there was a time around 2000, the late ‘90’s, when silicone injected liners were the shit. Nordica.

They hurt so bad while hanging from my feet in the chairlift that I have written off super-custom liners.

I now ask that rad skiers please explain why you like your liners.

I recently bought an Intuition Pro Tongue. I have maybe 30 days on it. It gets better everyday. But that doesn’t mean it’s rad.

I’m only kinda convinced that Intuition is a solution beyond a replacement liner for an old boot.

Do those of you who buy new liners at the same time you buy new boots, prefer Intuition over Zipfit?

Duno how rad I am but I have a sharp visa card and I know how to use it, got wraps in my T-1's , my Vulcans and 2 pairs of 4 buckle Dalbello alpine cuz I have a high instep so pwrwraps are the only way to make boots not hurt, an intuition with a tongue still hurts

The Dalbello's came with intuitions

if your shells are rong for your foot to begin with an Intuition liner will not make them right

never tried Zipfit, there is only one dealer ( a transplanted american ) in the whole country so you don't see Zipfits
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Intuition Luxury Liners are incredible. Make Tecnica CAS liners feel like size 12 gumboots. And they last forever without packing out.

I like the Tour Liners in my Maestrales too, but not nearly as good a feel.

Anyone know if a "26.5" Full Tilt liner is the size equivalent of a 26 Intuition, or a 27? Or maybe they actually do split the difference, since FT is manufactured with slightly different foam densities / features.