Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the reply! You're spot on - Crystal from intuition responded with the exact same thing. However, I'm impatient, so I molded them up and rode them one day this weekend with some eliminator tongues taking up the space around my shin. Even with a liner that's a bit too low volume, the heel hold on these things is amazing!! Way better than the stock Cochise liner (from last year, which is junk, granted). Can't wait to get my regular PW's in the mail!

Also, I have a pair of mondo 29 plug pw's for sale...

FWIW I was able to check out the following intuitions, first impressions with no on snow time...(stiffest to least)

-power wrap - stiffist, solid hold, nice flex, the wrap felt better than expected, surprised it was easy to get into.
    -pro tongue- (special made liner for SVST) they claimed this was essentially a tongue version of the power wrap. Was the stiffest tongue, stiff flex but less than powerwrap. didn't fit my shell very well and was real tight on instep
    -luxury (tie) - nice fit, felt good but loss of stiffness
    -dreamliner (tie) - sorta perplexed me. the foam is different as it need not be cooked, and didn't feel as "substantial." yet the flex still felt as stiff as the lux. Fit seemed comfy yet more generic
    -pro tour - best touring range and comfort for touring without a doubt. But least stiff and just didn't feel as solid.

I am replacing the stock BOA liners on BD methods..~50/50 inbounds to tour. I am looking to beef up the boot as well and not totally kill the touring ability.

Honestly I went in scared of the powerwrap thinking I could never tour in it...but i was very surprised that touring stride was very nearly as good as any. The solid feel and flex sealed the deal.

I'll follow up when I get on de snow.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post

...Honestly I went in scared of the powerwrap thinking I could never tour in it...but i was very surprised that touring stride was very nearly as good as any. The solid feel and flex sealed the deal. ...
    The powerwrap has been a mainstay for stiffening up squishy AT boots for years. Tours well. You'll like it just fine.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

UPDATE: The HD Race liners are money...a little colder than I was expecting, but still better than my stock Lange's (duh) and incredible power transmission into the shell. They ski like the Power Wraps I used to have, but are so comfy for my foot width, etc.

Stoked!
    You should have been here yesterday!

Has anyone tried any hack solutions to make the liners more breathable? In Lee's original post he mentioned the possibility of perforating them but I didn't see any further discussion.

I have pro tours in my Cochise and I'm very happy with them for being (a lot) lighter and higher volume than the garbage liners that Tecnica shipped with the cochise which packed out in ~10 days. Also, the increased volume puts you a bit further forward in the boot which I also prefer as the forward lean angle is not as aggressive as I like.

I guess I have sweaty feet because on hard touring days I literally end up slopping around in my boots and by the end of the day my socks are soaked, feet pruned and blisters in random places you'd never think you'd blister (and always in a different spot). I'm seriously considering drilling holes in the liners to let some moisture out but would love to hear if anyone else has had luck with this or other solutions.
    One of my biggest questions is what size holes and how many... could I get away with just taking a pin and putting dozens of micro holes in them or do I need to use a small drill bit to make sure that I get the result I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help.

^Seems to me that drilling holes in the liner won't do much to allow moisture to escape from the shell, although it will make the liners even lighter!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBeard View Post
    I guess I have sweaty feet because on hard touring days I literally end up slopping around in my boots and by the end of the day my socks are soaked, feet pruned and blisters in random places you'd never think you'd blister (and always in a different spot). I'm seriously considering drilling holes in the liners to let some moisture out but would love to hear if anyone else has had luck with this or other solutions.
    One of my biggest questions is what size holes and how many... could I get away with just taking a pin and putting dozens of micro holes in them or do I need to use a small drill bit to make sure that I get the result I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help.
    Spray your feet liberally with anti-perspirant. I normally only do in the spring or multi-day trips involving camping but it prevents the foot slop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

If you put holes in the liners, you still have the shell to deal with. I suspect all you'll do is make your wet feet colder.

Antiperspirant. It takes a couple weeks for it to work but it will reduce the sweating from your feet. I use stick antiperspirant and apply liberally every night, especially around the toes. Put some socks on and then do whatever. The stuff is a bear to wash off the hands.

Quote Originally Posted by tsproul View Post
    If you put holes in the liners, you still have the shell to deal with. I suspect all you'll do is make your wet feet colder.

Antiperspirant. It takes a couple weeks for it to work but it will reduce the sweating from your feet. I use stick antiperspirant and apply liberally every night, especially around the toes. Put some socks on and then do whatever. The stuff is a bear to wash off the hands.
    wow, hadn't considered the extreme of going after the feet not the liner... extreme times do call for extreme measures tho. So basically just coat in feet in antiperspirant and if i do this for a few weeks the chemistry of my feet will change enough that they stop sweating eh'.. why are you having issues with it on your hands? antiperspirant seems to have a pretty efficient application method.

have you tired gold bond? Toes socks? I use gold bond on tours with good success. Friend uses gold bond and toes socks.

Antiperspirant works by clogging the sweat pores. Best effect takes a bit of time. I tried spray but that was a mess and I still needed to use fingers to get between and around toes.

It won't stop completely but does reduce the sweating from my feet.

Any thoughts on the new Pro Tongue vs the Powerwrap for a Cochise Pro 27.5? I had powerwraps years ago, then the similar dalbello version (ID gold) in a Krypton pro for a few years. The stock liner in the cochise pro squeezed and rubbed my achilles so much that it gave me achilles problems (bursitis, tendinitis, and a small tear) so I need to put an intuition in. The wrap doesnt bother me, Im used to it with the dalbello liners, but is there an advantage to the Pro Tongue or even the Luxury tongue liner in the cochise overlap shell?

Searched through a few pages of the thread but still have a few questions if anyone can help me out:

1) Does it matter where you get the liner fit/baked? I mean is it complicated at all? I live in Vancovuer, sounds like some people have had it done right at Intuition HQ? Otherwise looking at Destination in North Van or Fanatyk Co. in Whistler (where I got the boots).

2) 50% lift skiing, 40% lift access touring and 10% longer tours, from what I've read power wrap is fine for skinning? Boots are Tecnica Dragon Slayer (freeride boot, now the Demon 120 I think, no walk mode) and I weigh 200lbs so thinking I probably want that model for adequate stiffness, correct?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Searched through a few pages of the thread but still have a few questions if anyone can help me out:

1) Does it matter where you get the liner fit/baked? I mean is it complicated at all? I live in Vancovuer, sounds like some people have had it done right at Intuition HQ? Otherwise looking at Destination in North Van or Fanatyk Co. in Whistler (where I got the boots).

2) 50% lift skiing, 40% lift access touring and 10% longer tours, from what I've read power wrap is fine for skinning? Boots are Tecnica Dragon Slayer (freeride boot, now the Demon 120 I think, no walk mode) and I weigh 200lbs so thinking I probably want that model for adequate stiffness, correct?

thanks
    how do the boots fit outta the box?

rog

thanks
    Well I am from Vancover, thankfuly far from Vancover, but I been to all 3 of those places and IMO they all rock,

during the olympics I went out for a bottle of wine and came back with new alpine boots from fanatyk, if you got the boots from Fanatyk have them do the fit and the good thing is they are slopside-ish and open til 9pm so you can ski the boot and go back for any problems

Last time thru Vancover got my new liners from Intuition in Van, the good thing is they got every size of every liner right there so you can check them all out, there is a guy there who can do boot punches but I would make an apointment to make sure he is there ... the downside is they charge 50$ for the fit

I checked out Destination and they impressed me simply cuz buddy told me he didn't have anything that would work for my foot ...no BS is a goodthing IMO

I hope power wraps are good for touring cuz thats what I ended up with
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

thanks
    Although many will disagree, I would say yes. I have had bad molds before in the shop where you can get creases. Not rocket science, but good fitters with the real gear and a two man team to set you up right when doing the mold probably increases the chances you get it right.

Also, I've only used power wraps but have no problem touring in them.

Anybody else have the cloth liner separate from the foam? My scarpa branded intuitions have this on both heels.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    how do the boots fit outta the box?

rog
    They fit fine out of the box after a few grinds/punches, problem is I've put 3 seasons and about 130 days on them so the liners are completely packed out, so I've just been clamping them down hard the last couple years when I should have replaced the liner ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Well I am from Vancover, thankfuly far from Vancover, but I been to all 3 of those places and IMO they all rock,

during the olympics I went out for a bottle of wine and came back with new alpine boots from fanatyk, if you got the boots from Fanatyk have them do the fit and the good thing is they are slopside-ish and open til 9pm so you can ski the boot and go back for any problems

Last time thru Vancover got my new liners from Intuition in Van, the good thing is they got every size of every liner right there so you can check them all out, there is a guy there who can do boot punches but I would make an apointment to make sure he is there ... the downside is they charge 50$ for the fit

I checked out Destination and they impressed me simply cuz buddy told me he didn't have anything that would work for my foot ...no BS is a goodthing IMO

I hope power wraps are good for touring cuz thats what I ended up with
    Thanks for the insight dude. I like Fanatyk, they did a great job setting me up in these boots, so I'd like to go there. Only downside is getting them setup after an early season day of skiing, my feet/legs are gonna be swollen up a bit and potentially limited on selection/size (I'll call ahead). Destination set my wife up in boots a couple seasons back that have been a game changer for her, awesome service and knowledge there, might give them a go this round for the liners, especially if they don't charge the $50.

cheers

After leaving my liners at the airport I need some new one for my cochise 130 pro, was thinking about a power wrap but I had offered a pair of Palau OVPH for alf the price of intuition..and so I'm thinking are really worth the extra money, can anyone compare this two model?
    I've read anything about palau here in this thread and others, but since most of the time comments was quite old I would like to see if some one can help me out!

Thansk

Intuitions are better than palau. Whether they deserve the extra €€€€, it's up to youand the way you use your cochise...

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Anybody else have the cloth liner separate from the foam? My scarpa branded intuitions have this on both heels.
    Jed, all my Intuitions have done that. Liner separates, rips, gets trimmed, foam wears a hole, and heal toughens up. All good until I break in another pair. I don't think it is an Intuition problem, just another annoying personal problem.

How much stiffer will powerwraps make a Cochise light? Cant decide between dreamliner and powerwraps. Want a thicker more comfy liner for inbounds and will use the stock liner for touring. But I like the flex as it is, will a powerwrap make it to stiff for my skinny (165lbs) non-charging self?

The PWs stiffined up my reg 120s noticeably. I'll try and get a percentage for you, been a while since I put them on.

How does the Pro Tour compare to the Power Wrap in terms of warmth and weight?