For the Collective:

The Intuition Life Cycle:

1) Slightly more roomy after initial mold

2) I can't believe these things are soooo warm

3) Wow! These are so light

4) Tons of great daze!

5) Getting Sloppy

6) Death

What are you guys waiting for?I believe nearly every skier will benefit from an Intuition Liner.
    Bump! For -15F temps this morning. Intuition liners = very warm
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

skiiing new power wraps in my mercuy's, got my intuitions at intuition THE tightest fit I have ever had in a heat molded liner , it doesn't seem to matter if i do them up or no

not uncomfortable just tight, should be perfect when they pack out a little
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

well as a dealer and owner of a never molded perfectly fitting snug as day 1 with 300 days on em intuition liner skier, that cooking liners to make space that you may not really need and taking life out of that liner because folks are conned into believing that it's a heat moldable liner so it MUST be molded before you leave the store is complete bullshit. some feet need the molding fer sure, but many do not.

rog

I you have a vested interest in not molding them ... I think yer just too lazy to mold them rog

not too lazy at all. for some I mold, others I don't. if a customer is snug in em outta the box, but not complaining of any certain annoying pressure point pain, why make the liners bigger by molding them? answer me that.

some folks are right on that edge when they can't go down a size.

rog

and I always let them know they can bring them back in for a mold after skiing in them. i'd say 1 out of maybe 6 that I don't do an initial mold on come back.

rog

I think if you are imparting your beliefs (which most everyone reading this forum know are fucked ) on them during the sell, also if they are too far away to come back maybe they don't come back?

maybe you you got the wrong fucking liner in that boot ?

Maybe the boot is too fucking big to begin with if you can thro a liner in and not mold it, maybe you should have thrown a larger liner in the boot ?

in any case its people like you who make people like me want to drive 13 hrs to the intuition factory outlet to get THE BEST service possible and where the intuition people molded every single liner I seen them sell during the couple of times I was there
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-09-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    skiiing new power wraps in my mercuy's, got my intuitions at intuition THE tightest fit I have ever had in a heat molded liner , it doesn't seem to matter if i do them up or no

not uncomfortable just tight, should be perfect when they pack out a little
    Atta boy xxx er

I put my PW's from my quadrants into some vulcans and that is great combo. Never would need the tongues again.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    not too lazy at all. for some I mold, others I don't. if a customer is snug in em outta the box, but not complaining of any certain annoying pressure point pain, why make the liners bigger by molding them? answer me that.

rog
    Cause you need to create room for the superfeet or such. Nobody should be using that piece of felt they give you, and a decent SF green needs almost half inch of space created below the heel. Would it settle in eventually? Prob yes - but why not create that room from the get go.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

you guys are fucking queer. do it how you like. my ski biz is up almost 20% over last year with zero customer complaints.

:-*

rog

Which would mean you did a great sales job, it doesn't mean fuckall about the product the end-loser received, how would customers know if liners fitted by rog were better than those fitted by a real boot fitter unless they tried both?

If you check the intuition web site they don't mention not molding their liners anywhere

beside doing a shitty job of fitting your intuition customers ... are you also homophobic Rog?

If you check the intuition web site they don't mention not molding their liners anywhere
    of course they don't. they want them cooked, preferably multiple times so that the suckers will hafta replace them more often.

are you also homophobic Rog?
    no, but you are a whiney little queer.

rog

Not recommending molding your liners?...just Rog being Rog...

My power Wraps from 2010 are holding up great. I originally molded them for my Mobes, which the liners have outlasted.
    I Just remolded for my Titan UL and it's amazing how it's transformed the boot. It feels like it's gone from a 110 flex to a 120 with a more progressive forward flex. IThe PW offers better support around and above the cuff, which is key as The Titan UL run a little low on the sides of the cuff's spoiler which can cause some ankle bit.
    Obviously using the PW I've lost some ROM, but it's a small price to pay to have a boot that *almost* feels and skis like an alpine boot.
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 12-10-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

and I always let them know they can bring them back in for a mold after skiing in them. i'd say 1 out of maybe 6 that I don't do an initial mold on come back.

rog
    Anybody ever try re-heating a heat molded liner, letting it cool and then stuff them back in the shells and re-mold them au naturel?
    First 360 mute grab --> Andrew Sheppard --> Snowdrifters 1996

of course they don't. they want them cooked, preferably multiple times so that the suckers will hafta replace them more often.

no, but you are a whiney little queer.

rog
    what does that mean ?

Are you trying to say heat molding intuition liners is gay ?

so then would I be a hetro sexual if I didn't mold my liners?

by not molding intuition liners you say they last longer, but
    logicaly speaking you would want TO mold liners

so they didn't last as long, y'know so you could sell more... you could have increased yer bidness by 30%?

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Another sizing q please.

I'm buying Powerwraps+ (high volume) for 26.5 Titan UL's.

I have a very low volume foot, ankle and calf. In my Maestrales I wear 26.0. The liners are snug, but do not cause problems.

Can I get away with high volume 26 Intuitions in 26.5 Titans, or will the liner be too small for the shell?
    If it helps anyone.

I got a mondo 26/Sz 8 Pro Tour with a thick tongue and using some old blue SF beds. Yet still there they are a too roomy for my foot. Feels thin and low volume. Fits the 26.5 Titan UL shell, possibly moving a little in there, but hard to tell. I tried the rice cooking method which was largely a waste of very nice brown rice.

Bottom line: with my skinny feet and possibly slightly too big shells, Pro Tours are better for touring than skiing by a large margin. But I knew that. After a long sweaty footed tour I have no fit to speak of and need to crank my buckles to pain to get some hard snow performance.

I also bought high volume PW+ in same size. I'll try them unbaked soon with my SF liners.
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    If it helps anyone.

I got a mondo 26/Sz 8 Pro Tour with a thick tongue and using some old blue SF beds. Yet still there they are a too roomy for my foot. Feels thin and low volume. Fits the 26.5 Titan UL shell, possibly moving a little in there, but hard to tell. I tried the rice cooking method which was largely a waste of very nice brown rice.

Bottom line: with my skinny feet and possibly slightly too big shells, Pro Tours are better for touring than skiing by a large margin. But I knew that. After a long sweaty footed tour I have no fit to speak of and need to crank my buckles to pain to get some hard snow performance.

I also bought high volume PW+ in same size. I'll try them unbaked soon with my SF liners.
    Your reality is that your shells are too big. Suck it up and downsize.

what does that mean ?

Are you trying to say heat molding intuition liners is gay ?

so then would I be a hetro sexual if I didn't mold my liners?

by not molding intuition liners you say they last longer, but
    logicaly speaking you would want TO mold liners

so they didn't last as long, y'know so you could sell more... you could have increased yer bidness by 30%?
    you are queer and retahdid.

rog

Quote Originally Posted by Wild4umlauts View Post
    I know. I know. And I don't mind you saying it.

The original Titan purchase was a mistake. And then I received a replacement on warranty. So now I'm kind of living out a much longer story with an error than I'd prefer. I should have sold the warranty pair new.
    Life is not lift served.

you guys are fucking queer. do it how you like. my ski biz is up almost 20% over last year with zero customer complaints.

:-*

rog
    Well rog I think the gay people may take offense to be maligned with these nerds here on the teck talk ?

In any case, I wonder what the good folks at Intuition would think about this if i shot them a link to the thread?

and i still find it imperative to point out to anyone who is reading this forum ... whenever you are so wrong

Well rog I think the gay people may take offense to be maligned with these nerds here on the teck talk ?

In any case, I wonder what the good folks at Intuition would think about this if i shot them a link to the thread?

and i still find it imperative to point out to anyone who is reading this forum ... whenever you are so wrong
    lulz, you are such a whiney little bitch

rog

Here's another bit of possibly helpful info for anyone sizing Intuition liners from their Scarpa branded Intuition liners: I fucked up.

Based on my Maestrale boot I ordered Mondo 26 Pro Tour liners. Turns out they are clearly bigger than what I honestly thought were mondo 26 Scarpa/Intuition liners.

I also bought Power wraps in the same size. Double fuck up. This will cost me a couple of hundred.
    Last edited by neck beard; 12-11-2013 at 04:16 AM.
    Life is not lift served.

On my 3rd set of intuitions. The most recent only having undergone a partial mold with the hot-rice sock method. Snuggest fit intitially, but better that the two previous heat-molded liners after about 10 days.

Full-tilt was saying "molding optional" on their intuition liners for a while, which I think translates to "if you insist, but you might be better served by just skiing in them". IMO, unless a person has a big-ol 6th toe, or heel spurs, or some other non-conformity, no-mold will work just fine, but proper molding shouldn't cause undo compression, or shrinkage either, so "whatever the customer wants".

Also IMO, Re-molding several times will have undesireable consequences, no matter how good you are as a fitter.

Did I just agree with Rog?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

If you can get your foot into your boot with an unbaked Intuition liner then your shell is too freakin' big. If your goal is warm and cushy over responsiveness then to each their own, but my goal is to have the tightest shell fit possible so that the boot performance isn't dependent on the liner.

If you can get your foot into your boot with an unbaked Intuition liner then your shell is too freakin' big. If your goal is warm and cushy over responsiveness then to each their own, but my goal is to have the tightest shell fit possible so that the boot performance isn't dependent on the liner.
    this ^^ is the big one, same with those garmont liners in the endorphins