Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41
Results 1,001 to 1,015 of 1015
    Quote Originally Posted by ezramec View Post
    Okay, school me on what I'm missing here. I cannot get my foot into the liner when it's in the boot.

I have Atomic Hawx XTD Ultra's (LV) in 27.5. A finger and a bit of space in the shell, bootfitter said I've got super low volume feet. I've got a ton of room with my stock liners.

I grabbed a 27 PowerWrap (MV) from a mag on here. Out of the shell, in just the liner, my foot feels okay, definitely snug.

Put it into the boot and I simply cannot get my foot in there. I noticed the lower piece of the boot cuff isn't fully closing. Think the MV's are just too thick to fit in this shell? Is there something else I should be trying here?
    It’s possible the liner you bought has simply too much volume, however they might be perfect if you bake (~240 degrees for ~ 12 minutes in a convection oven) and mold them with a very thin sock and toe caps. A full bake, as opposed to heat stacks (which just molds the inside) or rice method (which just gives the illusion of a mold) enables significant compression of the foam. When I was recently fitting FX Race liners in my wife’s 95mm Dobermans, I actually had to mold them twice to compress the foam down to a point that was tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by ezramec View Post
    Okay, school me on what I'm missing here. I cannot get my foot into the liner when it's in the boot.

I have Atomic Hawx XTD Ultra's (LV) in 27.5. A finger and a bit of space in the shell, bootfitter said I've got super low volume feet. I've got a ton of room with my stock liners.

I grabbed a 27 PowerWrap (MV) from a mag on here. Out of the shell, in just the liner, my foot feels okay, definitely snug.

Put it into the boot and I simply cannot get my foot in there. I noticed the lower piece of the boot cuff isn't fully closing. Think the MV's are just too thick to fit in this shell? Is there something else I should be trying here?
    Have you tried the heat mold? New liners are thick and also very stiff Simple mold should solve it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Got to heat mold em man.

I have a pair of last years Pro Tours MV and when I switch from my Zipfits to the Intuitions they almost feel unskiable. I took the test again on their website trying find something different but the same liner got suggested again. I need some volume in the cuff. The Pro Tour just feels really squishy and a little sloppy. These are for touring, any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBogey View Post
    I have a pair of last years Pro Tours MV and when I switch from my Zipfits to the Intuitions they almost feel unskiable. I took the test again on their website trying find something different but the same liner got suggested again. I need some volume in the cuff. The Pro Tour just feels really squishy and a little sloppy. These are for touring, any thoughts?

Just buy a GFT and get rid of the intuitions.

That was definitely a thought. How does the volume of the GFT compare to the Gara LV and HV. I’m in Gara HV and had to add OMfit to one tongue because of chicken legs.

My boot is Cochise 130

I'm just going to put it out there that I went from Intuitions to ZipFit and back to Intuition.

Nothing works for me like an wrap liner. Also, zipfit stiffen up my boots a little too much. But something like bumping down to a 110 is a compromise laterally. But a wrap with zipfit ankle pads (and toe neoprene) could be the perfect hybrid.

I think stuffing a 1 or 2 size oversized wrap into your tight fitting boots is the best recipe for success.

1. You get to over compress the foam, so it's solid and no room for further packout
    2. Toe cap with lots of room in front of the toes, but not too much volume above and below the toes
    3. Heat them in a real convection oven to marshmallow level: Follow directions above
    4. Make sure the boot is already punched because when the liner is so pliable, you can mold it too thin if there isn't room in the shell
    5. The toe cap should be enough to contact the front of the boot and push you foot hard back into the heel pocket. It should hurt.

If you think any of you think that is bad advise, don't care, it works good for me. But I just mold at home, not a shop guy.

Zipfits are great, but intuitions can ski very well if done properly. I do feel the best with a higher friction and medium thickness sock though. A really thin sock and you feel like you rattle around.

Zipfits, interior has great grip and the cork is supple so bone-on-liner isn't so firm. A neoprene toe should be standard on all liners, even intuitions.

I didn’t realize that the foam over the toe got messed up when I shove em in there. Fixed that and it’s uncomfortable but doable.

Now molding. Took a page out of the other thread and built a rig for stretching the shell to get em in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    I'm just going to put it out there that I went from Intuitions to ZipFit and back to Intuition.
    I think stuffing a 1 or 2 size oversized wrap into your tight fitting boots is the best recipe for success.

I havent tried zipfit but the pwrwrap accomadates my high instep SO well, I got my liners at Intuition in vangroovy, the shell size was correct and the pwrwrap were set up so tight I had to go back for a remold

I got 4 pairs of Intuitions so I'm probably gona stick with them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Anyone interested in a pair of Pro Tour’s? Size 12/30 MV, used one day. It’s the previous version, I’ll post pics if there’s interest.

@SoVT Joey where you get the wholesale bag of zipfit spunk from?

Sent from my SM-G780G using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Can someone explain to me where the HD foam is on the dual density tour wrap?

Also GoldenBC, how well does your cut job on a HD work compared to the tour wrap liners?

I know this sounds crazy, but I’m in the thickest Luxury Liner, oversized, and it still skis perfectly after 9 years. Have tried all sorts of other liners, pro tour CAS etc, and none come close. Cochise 130 (third boot the liners have been molded for).

I was wondering if it was me.

I have Pro Tongues purchased 4 years ago and I was terrified. They were so stiff.

These were for 2014 Lange RS130 shells.

They fit like gloves. They don’t hurt when not skiing. I forget about them when I am skiing.

And I will still ski fast as fuck through shit snow.

It’s weird because I feel like I should get a new boot, but I never think about my boots. At all.

I remember a Dynastar/Lange athlete complaining because they sent him new boots. He was like— “These finally fit!! I hate new boots.”

True story, bro. But the lift-line won’t believe you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums