Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    $100 is what I was thinking

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Aha.
    That’s a little lower than I was hoping. But that’s cool.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Looking for some fit advice for my wife. She measures 24.5-25 (w's 8.5 shoe), but has a very low volume foot, so we moved her into a 23.5 Lange xt90lv. The toe box had to be punched for length and height to get just enough room for her toes. She has footbed heaters, a 1/4" foam laminated to the boot board and 5mm neoprene laminated to the tongue, plus a pair of ankle pads on both feet. The ankle pads keep her heel in place, but also cause additional pressure that she's not stoked about.

Would a Dreamliner HV or Luxury HV be adequate or overkill to take up the excess space around the foot and lock the heel down without causing excess pressure points? Sizing is odd in this case because her fit is certainly a "performance" fit in terms of length. Intuition says to round down on the Dreamliner and round-up on the Luxury.

I'll try to get a scan of her foot tonight with gregL's new foot scan app, maybe that will help diagnose the issues we're having.
    Would consider pro wrap. Great ankle and heel hold but more room in toe box. I love mine. I’m performance fit and lost 3mm in toe box. No punching with these. Intuition has a question form you can fill out. They helped me a lot.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

recently got some pro tour MVs on a bootfitter's recommendation.
    originally went in some s/max 130 carbons for all day comfort, but the ankle hold was basically non-existent. ended up putting some old power wraps in and they're awesome now.

still wondering what to do with these pro tours. my bootfitter is awesome and is always willing to take back stuff that doesn't work, but wondering if i should throw them in my zero gs.

is that ankle hold thing just how pro tours are? was the MV just not enough volume for the s/max 130s? what do y'all think?

I think anything from intuition will be better than the stock liner in the zero-g's

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    If you have a really tight shell fit, use a minimal toe cap to get the bulk of the molding done. After molding, heat the toe with a heat gun and resold with a bigger toe cap to get more toe room. Don’t try and squeeze too much in at once.
    First off this is one of the most helpful threads on TGR, so thank you for all who have contributed.

I need some advice in regards to toe box. I did some oven baking on pro tours that came out great besides one toe box on my left foot, which is slightly longer, with a bigger (rounder) heel than my right foot. Did some skiing in single digit temps yesterday and I was able to wiggle my right toes but on my left there wasn't a ton of mobility. My question is, how can I fix it?

Re-bake? Heat gun just the toe (as per Golden above?) Wait to break them in? Am I just effed? For reference I did use the fit kit.

Quote Originally Posted by sweatypowderpig View Post
    recently got some pro tour MVs on a bootfitter's recommendation.
    originally went in some s/max 130 carbons for all day comfort, but the ankle hold was basically non-existent. ended up putting some old power wraps in and they're awesome now.

still wondering what to do with these pro tours. my bootfitter is awesome and is always willing to take back stuff that doesn't work, but wondering if i should throw them in my zero gs.

is that ankle hold thing just how pro tours are? was the MV just not enough volume for the s/max 130s? what do y'all think?
    I really disliked the pro tour. Have tour wraps in my zero g’s.

I’d just return them if you can.

Price drop, $100 for the 24 liners...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

So... I had my first failed molding yesterday. 28 powerwrap in a 1st gen 27.5 Lupo. The 28 powerwrap has just too much volume for the 27.5 Lupo plus my foot. I tried to force it but ended up not being able to buckle the boot. Intuitions website says to size up for 0.5's on the powerwrap. The original Lupo liner is an intuition and labeled at 27.5L and looks like a Pro Wrap. My molded/skied 27.5L is the same length as the 28 powerwrap.

- Go to a Plug Liner is a 28? (size up per intuitions site)
    - Go to a Pro Wrap in a 27? (size down per intuitions site)

- I use a superfeet green footbed. Pro Wrap is designed to be used with a footbed.

edit to add - This is my 4th time molding intuitions. So I believe my methods are OK.
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Scarpa rebranded Intuition Pro Wrap 27.5
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=340532

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    So... I had my first failed molding yesterday. 28 powerwrap in a 1st gen 27.5 Lupo. The 28 powerwrap has just too much volume for the 27.5 Lupo plus my foot. I tried to force it but ended up not being able to buckle the boot. Intuitions website says to size up for 0.5's on the powerwrap. The original Lupo liner is an intuition and labeled at 27.5L and looks like a Pro Wrap. My molded/skied 27.5L is the same length as the 28 powerwrap.

- Go to a Plug Liner is a 28? (size up per intuitions site)
    - Go to a Pro Wrap in a 27? (size down per intuitions site)

- I use a superfeet green footbed. Pro Wrap is designed to be used with a footbed.

edit to add - This is my 4th time molding intuitions. So I believe my methods are OK.
    I wish intuition would change this on their site.

You should have used a 27 unless your shell fit is huge.

So... I had my first failed molding yesterday. 28 powerwrap in a 1st gen 27.5 Lupo.

Assuming the BSL of that Lupo is 317? Speaking from loads of experience home molding these things and someone who tries to cram as much foam as possible in my boot and then compress it during molding you really should be fine with the PW in a 28 in that shell.

For reference I use a 27 PW+ in a 26 Full Tilt original shell. Molding it was a pain compared to a 26PW, 26 Alpine HD and the stock 26 pro (haha, pro) wrap. Bear in mind the FT original shell is very low volume. And yeah, I get that everyone's anatomy varies greatly. My feet are low volume, high instep; high arch otherwise skinny perfection and both within 1mm of each other 273mm measure length and about 10mm shell fit (hard to get that accurate).

The PW+ cuff is massive. I had to move my buckles (actually cables) to the slackest anchor so I could close them and it was a huge pain trying to get them done up. I thought for sure I was going to break something but got them closed. But once buckled and booster cinched I could then do them up a bit tighter and the end result is truly extraordinary compared to the PW or Alpine HD's I'd used in these in the past. It's like an all encompassing cast of control. I still have one little issue but that's besides the point.

You're getting these things truly like a marshmallow before sticking them in the boot? A 27 will be shorter and that's all. The cuff is the same so doing up your boot will be no different with the smaller liner.

Stupid question, but you've got your upper buckles set in the widest anchor? If not, move them to that for the molding process and remold. It's worth it. Once molded you'll do them up tighter in use anyway. At least that's the way it always works out for me.

Yeah thanks - I’ll move the buckles and give them one more college try... the liner has already been baked and jammed once so it’s not like I’m returning it or selling it for any real value.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    I use a 27 PW+ in a 26 Full Tilt original shell.

The PW+ cuff is massive. I had to move my buckles (actually cables) to the slackest anchor so I could close them and it was a huge pain trying to get them done up.
    Fwiw this was my experience as well doing a 28 PW+ in a 27 ft shell, and a 27 PW in a 26 Cochise. All my buckles, cables, etc were as relaxed as possible to even get things started.

The fit now is unreal. Like the skis are extensions of my leg.

First day on both boots I had to call it early because the pain was too much, and it probably took a few hours to get comfortable in shoes. now on day 3 I'm almost to the point where I can ride most of the day without too many adjustments, and there's no lingering pain after I taken them off.

I had a similar experiance with a PW in a mercury that Intuition chose and fitted, I was on the last ladder & pretty tight so that when i went to a Vulcan 3 yrs later the liner had to be refitted cuz the shell is just a hair less volume but 7 years later no real pack-out that liner is still good to go
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I wish intuition would change this on their site.

You should have used a 27 unless your shell fit is huge.
    I totally agree with the first sentence as it creates more questions and second guessing than is necessary.

As far as I'm concerned, sizing down is dumb. I would simply size based on your foot size and not the shell, thus most would be size up relative to shell size.

And unless you get a HV liner, the foam is the same thickness. Sure putting a hot 27 on my 27 foot is better than stretching a 26 that extra 10mm, but the end result differs very little. But I'd say the 27 is more ideal since you're not stretching the foam (as much).

Intuition is on point for sure, but I think everyone on this site who has done their research and is likely sized in a tighter performance fit, would not have Intuition's general advice apply to them.
    Last edited by FlimFlamvanHam; 03-09-2021 at 12:28 PM.

I would like to add some info on the often overlooked or seldom used Power Wrap Plus. Actually, I'm not sure if it's either of those things, I just know it never gets discussed. I had read a post here (maybe back in this thread?) a long while back where the poster said something along the lines of the PW+ being flimsy.

The PW+ is a high density liner, just like the PW or Pro etc but is just thicker everywhere. But what I have found after many days on it recently is that it's too stiff for my needs and I'm going back to the reg PW. Since when you mold it you are compressing more foam into same space you end up with a very, very firm liner compared to a PW or Pro in same boot.

So anyone looking to significantly stiffen up a boot (and you think you can get your cuff buckles done up on this thing: know that it's 2mm thicker than a PW so figure that is around back and sides of leg then doubled on the shin), this is a solid choice.

Anyone try the Full Tilt Intuition offerings?

https://fulltiltboots.com/en-us/c/liners/

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Anyone try the Full Tilt Intuition offerings?

https://fulltiltboots.com/en-us/c/liners/
    I have the FT pro wrap. Best alpine liner IMO Soft but stable. Better than power wrap as that was too constrictive if that makes sense.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I ordered the FT pro tour liner but returned it before molding. Much the the interior foam is super soft and doesn’t look heat moldable - very different from the dense supportive foam on the inside of an intuition Powerwrap for example

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    I totally agree with the first sentence as it creates more questions and second guessing than is necessary.

As far as I'm concerned, sizing down is dumb. I would simply size based on your foot size and not the shell, thus most would be size up relative to shell size.

And unless you get a HV liner, the foam is the same thickness. Sure putting a hot 27 on my 27 foot is better than stretching a 26 that extra 10mm, but the end result differs very little. But I'd say the 27 is more ideal since you're not stretching the foam (as much).

Intuition is on point for sure, but I think everyone on this site who has done their research and is likely sized in a tighter performance fit, would not have Intuition's general advice apply to them.
    Based on this would you go against sizing down for the Pro Wrap? I have a 27 HV Powerwrap in my boots now. Wide foot/High instep and small heel/skinny calf. Worried about adding too much volume over my instep but need the ankle to stay put.
    Thoughts?

Yeah thanks - I’ll move the buckles and give them one more college try... the liner has already been baked and jammed once so it’s not like I’m returning it or selling it for any real value.

Maybe they didn't get hot enough. I just brought some old Powerwraps back into play. 27.5 PW in 25.5 lupo carbon (v1 with extra low volume). The boot has been punched to my foot, but it's very much a downhill only fit. I sized up, finally, for touring specific boot and lupos are now a ski area boot.

I thought there was no way it would work. But got them real gooey (hot) and went toe cap overkill with socks. Result: Great fit. No room for insoles though (didn't dare try to mold with them), but I'm loving how they ski without insoles.

This was the 3rd time the liner was baked.

I have a pair of Pro Tours where the rear pull loop has ripped out of its stitching. Not a huge deal, but I habitually carry my boots by those loops so I keep grabbing empty space when I go to pick up the right boot. Is Shoe Goo/seam seal/AQS safe for use on liners or will it dissolve something?
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Shoe Goo is fine. I always use it to patch high wear areas on Intuitions (back cuff of my Pro Tours and all the little internal bolt nut rubs on my Wraps).

whats the consensus for best intuition liner for ski touring. Im riding Hoji 130's ski hard and take airs.

Intuition fit form ticket is saying Pro Tour medium fit. I read on here a lot of you saying Dream liner is the way to go. Input please.

Thx