Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Huh, we use a 1" board but the heel pocket is fairly extreme on your boots indeed. Looks like your bootfitter uses an oven too and not the new internal blower, and a good dose of heat.

Just making inane observations.

What's neat is to see how much s t r e t c h you can get with Intuitions.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Last year I heavily used my MegaRides, and the OE liners are packed out quite badly now, and they didn't seem very high quality to begin with.

I am going to purchase some Intuition liners, but I get a great deal on the Scarpa branded units, not the Intuition name-only ones.

There are three liners available, one being the orange-toe Precision High Liner, which a wrap liner and is the one out of the Spirit 4, I believe. The next is the Speed Pro, a tongue liner with a green toe, and the last is the Universal, which looks like a "normal" Intuition liner.

Precision High:

Speed Pro:
    (sorry, no pic, but it's the liner that comes in the Typhoon)

Universal:

It seems to me that the Typhoon/Speed-Pro is probably the stiffest of the liners, and as my MegaRides are primarily a touring/ski-mountaineering and moderate day-skiing boot, the Precision liner might best suit my needs. Opinions appreciated!

I emailed Intuition and they gave me some basic info on sizing, recommending that I use a 27.0 liner to replace my 26.0 liner in the 26.0/26.5 MegaRide Shell. Interesting. I am loathe to start out too large. The 26.0 Garmont liners were pretty snug to begin with and we cooked them to fit nicely, and they were great for a long time, but now are just plain sloppy. Intuition folks seem to really know their shit, so I'm leaning towards going with the 27.0 liners.

Thanks, again, to Lee for the kick ass OP.

I have 28.0 Intuitions (non-Scarpa branded) in 27.0 Zzeuses. The fit is good. Also, Scarpa sizing is weird (26.5 and 27.0 have the same shell). Finally, Intuitions can fit much more diverse shapes than other moldable liners.

john of genx, I'd get the Precision Highs if you want overlap or the Speed Pro if you want tongue (which I think is basically the Freeride .. ).
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Quote Originally Posted by khyber.pass View Post
    john of genx, I'd get the Precision Highs if you want overlap or the Speed Pro if you want tongue (which I think is basically the Freeride .. ).
    I've never had an overlap liner, so I'm not sure how they tour, but I know Lee Lau uses the overlap liner in his MegaRides, and has positive things to say about them for touring, so I might go that route.

Any beta/thoughts on dropping an Intuition liner (like the Power Wrap or Alpine model) into a BD Method? Or Factor?

Overlap liners tour just fine, and they'll also add some stiffness to your Megarides as a bonus. Go for it.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Any reviews or other info on the new lace up Intuition liners?

Anybody have some information or experience of Palaus overlap hard-liners eg http://www.palau-boutique.com/boutiq...lg=lg_us&pag=2 ? I can get Palaus for 85EUR and Intuitions costs about 140EUR so what I get more if I buy Intuitions?

^^^ a better liner.

Do a search, you'll find out why. Or for that matter, just read this whole thread.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Ummm....

All of the Typhoons I have handled had had Alpine Intuition liners in them?

Quote Originally Posted by johngenx View Post

Speed Pro:
    (sorry, no pic, but it's the liner that comes in the Typhoon)
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    Any reviews or other info on the new lace up Intuition liners?
    Wowza those could be awesome!

re: 5B's picture in post...

HOLY FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    It's the same argument for prostitution. There's a lot of people in this world who won't be getting laid unless they pay big bucks or fuck an artificial life form. No amount of consolation, pity or comiserating is going to change that reality.
    Slaughter is the best medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Wowza those could be awesome!
    here is a link to it, but this is all I have ever seen:

http://www.intuitionliners.com/lux_touring_page.htm

Anyone know if Intution supplies any boot makers with lace up liners that would be marketed under the boot makers name, such as Dabello or Scarpa?

Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    here is a link to it, but this is all I have ever seen:

http://www.intuitionliners.com/lux_touring_page.htm

Anyone know if Intution supplies any boot makers with lace up liners that would be marketed under the boot makers name, such as Dabello or Scarpa?
    It looks cool. I even resorted to putting some elastic around the ankle area of my liners to alleviate blisters. Theoretically, that could be perfect.

Replacing my stock gold ID's in Il Moro's. My shell is 26.5, my street size is 10.5 ( I had the toes ground and they fit). I have very thin ankle/achilles area. Any thoughts on the Alpine, freeride (I read, same but Fr softer flex) or Powerwrap (thinking tighter fit?). Toe box and forefoot area is snug with stocks. Also, volume: low or medium?

Help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by BoatBound View Post
    Replacing my stock gold ID's in Il Moro's. My shell is 26.5, my street size is 10.5 ( I had the toes ground and they fit). I have very thin ankle/achilles area. Any thoughts on the Alpine, freeride (I read, same but Fr softer flex) or Powerwrap (thinking tighter fit?). Toe box and forefoot area is snug with stocks. Also, volume: low or medium?

Help appreciated.
    I'll be happy to take those junky-ass stock Gold IDs off your hands when you upgrade to new high end Intuition PWs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

they are actually going back to Intuition, the right liner has some kind of defect and they are replacing them- Can't ask for better customer service, obviously, they are a company that has earned my loyalty. What other company stands behind their stuff like that? But back to my original hijack....

Quote Originally Posted by BoatBound View Post
    they are actually going back to Intuition, the right liner has some kind of defect and they are replacing them- Can't ask for better customer service, obviously, they are a company that has earned my loyalty. What other company stands behind their stuff like that? But back to my original hijack....
    My post was actually a joke.
    From your post it didn't sound like you knew Dalbello Gold ID=Intuition PW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

No didn't so I appreciate that much! I like the Gold id's so that may just make the decision easy. Jsut wondering if the Luxury woul dbe better

Thanks!

BoatBound - it depends on what type of shell you're using them with. I really don't like the tongued Luxury liners in 3-piece shells (Kryptons, Flexons). They don't "interface" as well with the external ribbed plastic tongue. There's a good reason why the overlap liner was designed for the 3-piece shell.

BTW - Why not just get replacement Gold ID liners if it's due to a liner defect? You may run into volume problems with the other Intuition liners that weren't developed with Dalbello. The stock Intuition liners (even the low volume ones) take up more volume than the ID liners IMO.

I spoke with Crystal at Intuition today, they are so cool! THey are sending me a pair of Power wraps (which she says are different from the gold Id's- similar but not the same) and a pair fo Luxury's. I will return one pair. i am actually headed out to Jhole and will have Skiing in Jackson- Stephan fit them up. Wild4umauts, I posted my specs in #92 but Il moros'. I think the PW is going to work well as I like the wrap design better as well and they are 12mm as oppose to 9mm. Regardless, props to Intuition for stepping up and helping out.

Intuition Luxury Liners did not work for me...

I picked up a pair this summer, purchased and fit at intuition HQ in Vancouver. I bought a pair of low volume luxury liners for my BD factors. The med volume liner was way too tight on my toes.

The low volume liners are a great fit for my foot below the ankle. However, there is not enough volume in the cuff and my lower leg moves within the boot. If I crank the top two buckles it actually compresses the lower shell and makes the instep too tight. I also feel like the shell "pinches" my lower leg.

I am returning to the original BD liners for long backcountry days. For shorter tours I'll use the liner from my Dalbello Proton 12's. The weigh 300g PER BOOT more than the intuitions, but I love how they fit and ski, and for me that is the priority.

Anyway, just thought I'd post this to note that intuitions don't work for everyone. I think maybe a liner with a low volume lower and higher volume upper might have worked. Oh, and the folks at intuition HQ were awesome.

A little side step to another topic on the PW liners.

I recently molded some PW liners and replaced an older tongue style liner and the fit is great, ski great, warm etc. However, the PW have now softened up the overall flex of the boot, which I am not as happy with. I may get used to it but is there any way to stiffen up a PW liner? Allready have Boosters and I'm thinking of putting the original straps back on the boots and also the Boosters. Thanks...

I'm going to Intuition tomorrow and will look at the newer laced liners and get some to try - will follow up with pictures