Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    I’m sure I come around as i get used to them. They ARE precise.

Intuition liners

Current conundrum: love the way my Patron Pros (25.5) fit with my Luxury MV 25 liner which was originally molded to a Scott G1 FR130, but that liner is really packed out. Prefer wrap liners but they aren’t going to fit.

Trying a 25 Race FX liner LV is not working out too well. I’ve heated it twice at my local shop and it feels OK in the store but i think the tongue/instep/shin fit is so tight that it is messing with the boot flex, creating pinch points in the front of my ankle/lower shin. Tried super thin footbed which helped but didn’t alleviate issues.

The Race FX works perfectly as is in my ‘girlfriend / sidecountry’ boot, K2 spine 130, which has a lot more shell volume. Might AB against old set up and go with the K2s if they ski equal or nearly, but something tells me I’ll miss the Patrons.

Looking at the pic- should the FX mold down anywhere near as much as the Luxury did? What’s up with that? Is there a way to mold it down a little more? It looks brand new, and barely took shape of the liner. TIA!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9167.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	262943Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9175.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	262944
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 01-04-2019 at 10:44 PM.

Anyone’s wife or GF running an intuition in a Salomon Mtn Explore W?

My wife has liked the boot but the liner is toast, she skis the boot to hard for what it is IMO but was considering adding an intuition to help may stiffen it up a bit. If we can take up some ankle room all the better too.

The Pro Tongue is clearly to much I believe but anyone have thoughts on what liner would be better?

Her tours aren’t long hauls, typically more side country oriented which is why we are focusing on the downhill performance of what ever liner is next.

Not looking to buy another boot for her as the Mtn Explore W is a secondary boot for her. Enter the intuition upgrade....

Thanks for any advice you can lend in advance.

Hey mags - need some advice.

I need to get into something light and better mobility for sledskiing & touring again. Current LOVE my Zipfit but they don’t walk for shit.
    I’ve tried pretty much every intuition model and they haven’t worked for me. I’ve had Tom work on them each time. Super stupid-wide forefoot, and they seem to all be too narrow. Plus always need to pack foam around my ankles for heel hold. Also have thick calves. Im built like a grizzlybear, but with mallard shaped feet.

What about sizing up one or two sizes then just mega baking for molding? My theory being: enough width for forefoot then a bunch of extra foam compressing around the ankles. Then razorblade any excess around the calves.
    Anyone tried something similar? Will it just be too long or too much foam and a waste of $$? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post

I need to get into something light and better mobility for sledskiing & touring again. Current LOVE my Zipfit but they don’t walk for shit.
    I’ve tried pretty much every intuition model and they haven’t worked for me. I’ve had Tom work on them each time. Super stupid-wide forefoot, and they seem to all be too narrow. Plus always need to pack foam around my ankles for heel hold. Also have thick calves. Im built like a grizzlybear, but with mallard shaped feet.

What about sizing up one or two sizes then just mega baking for molding? My theory being: enough width for forefoot then a bunch of extra foam compressing around the ankles. Then razorblade any excess around the calves.
    Anyone tried something similar? Will it just be too long or too much foam and a waste of $$? Thanks

A coupla thoughts.

1. Make yer own liners using Intuition foam and shape it around yer feet? Made some models of some units I wanna make this season, i'll report back if it works or not.

Name:  P1100081.JPG
Views: 1299
Size:  308.3 KB

Name:  P1100075.JPG
Views: 1253
Size:  109.3 KB

2. Maybe try overbaking some high volume/thick foam liners? By mistake I overbaked one Intuition high volume liner in a convection oven that had a faulty temp indicator and it basically melted and smoked out the house. Thought it was wrecked for sure. When i pulled the liner out of the oven it was like a hot soupy melted thick sock...figured i'd mold it anyways and just see what happened. Well, the damn things cooled, molded REALLY well and i've been skiing the 'wrecked' liner ever since (prob about 60+ days). One problem is i have no clue what temp the 'wrecked' liner was baked at...I'd do the same for future liners if i knew the temp, turned it down a few degrees and watched more attentively than last time...no smoke breaks.

Unintended positive consequences:

1. The foam got quite a bit thinner and denser...feelz just slightly more like an alpine liner when compared to the other liner that was baked 'correctly'.
    2. The melt line that separated the rear cuff into two parts makes touring more betta...more resistance free rear rom. At first i taped it in an effort to restore full wrap homogenity, but tape ripped and touring is easier and don't notice any negatives for downhilling.
    3. No effect on subjective warmth during cold days.

Name:  P1100391.JPG
Views: 1251
Size:  81.5 KB

Name:  P1100393.JPG
Views: 1296
Size:  66.8 KB

Name:  P1100394.JPG
Views: 1277
Size:  92.9 KB
    Master of mediocrity.

Anyone with some time in the Pro Tours or Pro wraps? How warm are they? I was committed to getting the Pro Tours for my XTD’s but have a high volume foot and think the Pro Wrap might be better.

Im built like a grizzlybear, but with mallard shaped feet.
    Ha!

Here's what I picture when you cross a bear with a mallard (not meant as an insult).

But yah, I'm of no help here.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic;5554360

[ATTACH=CONFIG
    263596[/ATTACH]

Name:  P1100393.JPG
Views: 1296
Size:  66.8 KB

Name:  P1100394.JPG
Views: 1277
Size:  92.9 KB
    So perhaps I should walk back my " half baked " comment eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Going to be doin' it in the next couple days....going to wear a thicker sock, giving me a bigger foot....not just longer but wider. We shall see.

Power Wrap vs. Pro Wrap - Foot Volume
    I've had issues trying to use custom footbeds in my Full Tilt First Chairs the past couple seasons. Even though I've got somewhat narrow feet, there was just not enough volume for my foot when using custom footbeds with the original Power Wrap liners (molded using the rice method). Even with thinner Superfeet Green insoles, my feet could have pressure spots (outside metatarsal and heel) and would go numb after a few hours in the boots. The 7mm foam sole took up too much volume, and it flexed to allow the footbeds to move slightly, causing pressure and outside heel pain as my foot splayed slightly. I tried remolding the liner in the oven to reduce the volume a bit, but it only made a marginal difference.

I decided to try Pro Wraps for the stiff 2mm sole (vs. the Power Wrap's 7mm cushy foam sole), and am happy to report that they fit perfectly with custom footbeds! No more outside metatarsal or heel pressure, and they've got much more room in the forefoot/toe area. I used the oven cook method to mold these since I wanted to dial in the fit to the upper cuff better. So far, I'm really happy with the improvement - much more comfortable, with no change in support or precision.

If you need more room for footbeds or are just looking for a better fit for wider feet, the Pro Wraps may be worth a shot.
    Last edited by kingsalami; 11-14-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsalami View Post
    I've had issues trying to use custom footbeds in my Full Tilt First Chairs the past couple seasons. Even though I've got somewhat narrow feet, there was just not enough volume for my foot when using custom footbeds with the original Power Wrap liners (molded using the rice method). Even with thinner Superfeet Green insoles, my feet could have pressure spots (outside metatarsal and heel) and would go numb after a few hours in the boots. The 7mm foam sole took up too much volume, and it flexed to allow the footbeds to move slightly, causing pressure and outside heel pain as my foot splayed slightly. I tried remolding the liner in the oven to reduce the volume a bit, but it only made a marginal difference.

I decided to try Pro Wraps for the stiff 2mm sole (vs. the Power Wrap's 7mm cushy foam sole), and am happy to report that they fit perfectly with custom footbeds! No more outside metatarsal or heel pressure, and they've got much more room in the forefoot/toe area. I used the oven cook method to cook these since I wanted to dial in the fit to the upper cuff better. So far, I'm really happy with the improvement - much more comfortable, with no change in support or precision.

If you need more room for footbeds or are just looking for a better fit for wider feet, the Pro Wraps may be worth a shot.
    Good intel. I'm using the luxury hv liners and though the fit is fine, some issues present themselves at times that cause some weirdness. For example. On ski touring days where there's a lot of rolling off the ball of foot for uphilling, the forefoot foam packs out more than the heel area, increasing the in boot ramp/delta. On days where there's more heel pressure during uphills, the opposite occurs. Both are noticeable during the downhills. Don't know what a bomber solution would be other than shaving the foam down and adding a layer of thin stiff foam...but...a big factor in choosing the hv's is their incredible insulation quality which includes high resistance to that horrid feeling of cold sneaking up from the bottom... and I don't wanna mess with that. Might be a compromise to be lived with.
    Master of mediocrity.

I decided to try Pro Wraps for the stiff 2mm sole (vs. the Power Wrap's 7mm cushy foam sole), and am happy to report that they fit perfectly with custom footbeds! No more outside metatarsal or heel pressure, and they've got much more room in the forefoot/toe area. I used the oven cook method to mold these since I wanted to dial in the fit to the upper cuff better. So far, I'm really happy with the improvement - much more comfortable, with no change in support or precision.

Yeah, i have the powerwrap and took out the removable sole to allow room for my custom footbed. I also oven cooked them. twice. Pretty good fit now.

I have always taken out the stock removable insole, tape my insole to the bottom of my foot with masking tape, cover the foot with a thin sock and then mold as normal, this is faster and more accurate cuz the foot bed will be in the right place in the boot and the foot into the boot faster

Name:	laces1.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	301.1 KB 
ID:	302349
    this is my favourite extra for my power wraps
    it is made by deeluxe and costs appr 20e
    it is worth every cent. keeps the liner tight to your foot while skinning uphill
    game changer in my opinion

Name:	laces3.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	295.8 KB 
ID:	302350

Name:	laces2.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	300.9 KB 
ID:	302351

This is 100% consistent with Step 4 in this description.

cheers,
    john

If I go with a Pro Wrap and Intuition recommends to round DOWN on the half size...what is the actual risk of going UP in size to a 28 for a 27.5 boot? I would like to get some more toe room (length and volume) but do I run the risk of having to squeeze more material and therefore actually REDUCING my foot volume/length in the boot?

Specifics:
    - 10.5-11 street shoe in a 27.5 Dalbello Lupo130 (98last)
    - stock liner is fine for tours, I run 1-2 Bontex (depending on how much room I feel like) under custom footbed
    - for hill days I rock a Nordica Grand Prix 'cork' liner in the Lupos, this is what I'm looking to replace for more comfort as I get pain/irritation outside 1 and 5th phalanx (proximal) and yes, boots have been punched (probably needs more)
    - looking to finally try/experiment with Intuitions
    Last edited by robnow; 11-15-2019 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    If I go with a Pro Wrap and Intuition recommends to round DOWN on the half size...what is the actual risk of going UP in size to a 28 for a 27.5 boot? I would like to get some more toe room (length and volume) but do I run the risk of having to squeeze more material and therefore actually REDUCING my foot volume/length in the boot?

Specifics:
    - 10.5-11 street shoe in a 27.5 Dalbello Lupo130 (98last)
    - stock liner is fine for tours, I run 1-2 Bontex (depending on how much room I feel like) under custom footbed
    - for hill days I rock a Nordica Grand Prix 'cork' liner in the Lupos, this is what I'm looking to replace for more comfort as I get pain/irritation outside 1 and 5th phalanx (proximal) and yes, boots have been punched (probably needs more)
    - looking to finally try/experiment with Intuitions
    I sized down from a 30.5 Power Wrap to a 30.0 Pro Wrap. This gave me quite a bit more lateral room, but stayed about the same overall length.
    I would caution against sizing up - if the liner is too long for the shell, it may crunch up and cause uncomfortable folds. I would use the recommended size, but make sure you really bulk up the toe cap to stretch the shit of of the liner in that area. I use a couple 2mm neoprene caps cut off a pair of cheap dive booties with an additional layer made from the toe of a thick wool sock.

Any beta on the tour wrap? How does it ski? Does it tour well?
    I like huge dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengarbageman View Post
    Also, anyone touring with a pro wrap/tongue? Any issues outside of the liner reducing ROM?
    I like huge dumps.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengarbageman View Post
    Its own thread is currently on the second page:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...tion-Tour-Wrap

Thanks for the feedback salami.

I've always wondered what separates the Intuition liners recommendations from either sizing up (i.e. Power Wrap) vs. sizing down (i.e. Pro Wrap). Do all the 'size down' liners have the Strobel soles and 'size up' have foam? Or are there other differences such as last differences that makes this differentiation?

was set on intuition liners this season (1st try on liners). walked into a ski shop the other day and they had intuitions and sidas (was unaware of this brand). checked each out, intuition had "made in china" and the sidas had no 'made in' marking and the tech only knew it was a french co. so took a chance on the sidas, seems way better than stock pos solomon liners. hope they work well, last well, and don't change every 4-5 outings. perhaps they are not china made.

intuition website is much more helpful than the sidas website wrt to their products.

Plug wrap vs power wrap

I have always used the power wrap in my salomon boots(98mm Last) and everything was great. recently switched to head raptor(96mm last) and fit some power wrap liners but it was too tight, my feet would fall asleep minutes after putting the boots on. would the Plug wrap line be a better option?

Quote Originally Posted by vegas View Post
    was set on intuition liners this season (1st try on liners). walked into a ski shop the other day and they had intuitions and sidas (was unaware of this brand). checked each out, intuition had "made in china" and the sidas had no 'made in' marking and the tech only knew it was a french co. so took a chance on the sidas, seems way better than stock pos solomon liners. hope they work well, last well, and don't change every 4-5 outings. perhaps they are not china made.

intuition website is much more helpful than the sidas website wrt to their products.
    Intuition are THE hands down standard for aftermarket boot liners, Dalbello & Scarpa source their liners from Intuition

Everyfuckingthing around you is made in china, the computer you read this on is made in fucking china,

In any case it could have been worse they could have been made in the USA

Intuition liners

Made in China doesn’t really mean anything. The design engineers set tolerances, materials, etc and the supplier has to meet the specs given. Chinese supplier can do it just as well as American.

I’d be more weary of things designed in China and whether or not they cut corners.

That being said I always try to support made-in-USA products (or Canada! Ha)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Made in China doesn’t really mean anything. The design engineers set tolerances, materials, etc and the supplier has to meet the specs given. Chinese supplier can do it just as well as American.

I’d be more weary of things designed in China and whether or not they cut corners.

That being said I always try to support made-in-USA products (or Canada! Ha)
    " Made in China doesn’t really mean anything " well that would be my point ... cuz everything is made in China,

cuz my people can do it just as well but way cheaper

I bought Canadian ( over American actualy ) one time and it was a POS now I just buy the best product