Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Interesting. New liners look good. My stock Palau liners are too thin around the old chicken legs

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    To all the JONGS asking me intuition liner questions by PM. Ask in this thread. I won't answer PMs. If you've got a question no matter how stupid the question is I guarantee some other JONG will have that same question.
    Ideal. So I've been using a pair of Pro Tours for two years in my Bodacious (about 180 days) and will be switching them to my new Vulcans. Is it worth rebaking them for the new shells, even just 5 minutes in the oven or heat stacks, or should I just let them do their thing?

Quote Originally Posted by saxon View Post
    I skied the Pro Tongue (they called them Power Tongues when I bought them, but they're the same as in your picture) all of last season in my Dynafit Mercuries. We chose them primarily to make room for my footbeds and because the Mercury was a little tight on the instep for me. There's a lot more material around the calf than my old Luxury Liners and it really spreads open the shell more than the Luxury liners did (I do have huge calves); I think this contributes to the amount of shell deformation I get when I pressure the tongue, but it's not enough to bother me. Since the stiff/moldable material now goes way forward over the instep, you have to be more careful to avoid folds when molding them (the Luxury liners have a soft stretchy material there). I wasn't careful enough when I did it so I have to shove my boot tongues down there to fix it when I put them on. And the inside of my boots are a beautiful shade of red now.

I can't compare them to the old Power Wraps since I've only skied my Luxury liners and various other stock liners, but I prefer these over all of the others by a noticeable margin.
    How did you find touring in the liner? It was strongly recommended to me that I not use them as a liner for a touring boot due to the stiffness.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    Ideal. So I've been using a pair of Pro Tours for two years in my Bodacious (about 180 days) and will be switching them to my new Vulcans. Is it worth rebaking them for the new shells, even just 5 minutes in the oven or heat stacks, or should I just let them do their thing?
    I'd think it'd be ok because the ProTours are so soft they'd be a bit more malleable and easier on the feet. It depends on your feet i would guess

LC, don't just use heat stacks, you'll be softening the part (inside) that's good.

If you've got a plenty snug fit (as you do lose a few % in volume when you remold) which I bet you do as Vulcan prolly slightly lower volume, then I'd oven mold with moderate temp/time.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Quote Originally Posted by LC View Post
    I think you should bake a new liner to your foot but if you are later switching those liners to another shell I would try them without a re-bake , I have some liners I bought 7 yrs ago I have since had them in 2 different AT boots without a re-bake
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

How much stiffer did you find them than the Luxury. Is my WAG on crack?

I found it to have quite a bit more volume and material in the calf too than the old liners fwiw.
    Your 10-15% seems about right. I noticed the increased height around the calf as being rather good, I'm not sure if the liners are actually taller but I felt much more support up high, and I think this is where I get most of my perception of increased stiffness from.
    Last edited by saxon; 10-14-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    How did you find touring in the liner? It was strongly recommended to me that I not use them as a liner for a touring boot due to the stiffness.
    I don't mind it at all. I can feel a very noticeable difference between the Pro Tongue+Mercury and my TLT5+stock liners, but the only time I pulled out my TLT5's was for a 4-day traverse and it wasn't necessary. I can't feel a difference between touring in them or in the Luxury liners. I've never used a Pro Tour.

Any difference between the new Pro Tongue and last years Power Tongue? Fitter in SLC special ordered the red Power Tongue liners last year for my Mercury's
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

Quote Originally Posted by StopMakingSense View Post
    Any difference between the new Pro Tongue and last years Power Tongue? Fitter in SLC special ordered the red Power Tongue liners last year for my Mercury's
    No difference other than the name and the lycra over the AEPE plastic is a tad less bright red

Another sizing q please.

I'm buying Powerwraps+ (high volume) for 26.5 Titan UL's.

I have a very low volume foot, ankle and calf. In my Maestrales I wear 26.0. The liners are snug, but do not cause problems.

Can I get away with high volume 26 Inuitions in 26.6 Titans, or will the liner be too small for the shell?
    Life is not lift served.

Quote Originally Posted by neck beard View Post
    Another sizing q please.

I'm buying Powerwraps+ (high volume) for 26.5 Titan UL's.

I have a very low volume foot, ankle and calf. In my Maestrales I wear 26.0. The liners are snug, but do not cause problems.

Can I get away with high volume 26 Inuitions in 26.6 Titans, or will the liner be too small for the shell?
    See PM btw. Free to you. I'm a low volume foot. I can size up (ie sz 28 Luxury in a sz 27 shell) or go high volume sz 27 in a sz 27 shell to make it work to take up space. I also pad instep and ankle if I need to take up more space.

Thanks Lee. So I could do both. I like high volume to fill in space around my foot, so for now leaning towards the 26.
    Life is not lift served.

I'm planning to pick up some Pro Tours to throw in my TLT6s, boots are a 29.0 with ~1.5 fingers behind the heel. Size 29 liner, or 30?
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    I'm planning to pick up some Pro Tours to throw in my TLT6s, boots are a 29.0 with ~1.5 fingers behind the heel. Size 29 liner, or 30?
    Bean I don't have my TLT6s to play with to give you insight. If its a low volume fit get the same size liner as boot shell

More on the Pro Tongue and Pro Wrap

Pro Tongue and Power Tongue are the same model, renamed.

Pro Wrap is like the Power Wrap, but with a thinner, softer INTUITION EVA toe box, and stroble board with PU cover and 6mm HD INTUITION EVA foam insert. So think stiffer but with more fitting options like the draft writeup said.

Both liners are ~ 330 g. Pro Tongue weighed with laces

How much of a difference does the stiff tongue make in the protour, both for the up and the down?
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

In the down - just the forward flex. Not that much imo

In the up - it restricts the flex a bit but many people don't undo their buckles which restricts fwd flex even more. To sum it up, the stiff liner doesn't change the liner itself that much

More on the Pro Tongue and Pro Wrap

Pro Tongue and Power Tongue are the same model, renamed.

Pro Wrap is like the Power Wrap, but with a thinner, softer INTUITION EVA toe box, and stroble board with PU cover and 6mm HD INTUITION EVA foam insert. So think stiffer but with more fitting options like the draft writeup said.

Both liners are ~ 330 g. Pro Tongue weighed with laces
    More - http://www.tetongravity.com/blogs/Re...rs-6557148.htm

Last edited by LeeLau; 11-18-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Lee,

It seems like I usually hear about people putting these in AT boots, and obviously in boots like the Krypton, but what liner would you recommend for a size 26 Dobermann/Patron Pro? Long or medium volume? Power tongue? 26 or size down? I have been thinking about ponying up for a foam liner because I want a tighter heel hold, but maybe the Power tongue would do the trick for half the price?
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

People are putting these in alpine and AT boots. I was told that those with shin bang or who really want a stiff liner get the Pro Wrap. i don't know that boot. If you want more heel hold you can either size up and cook the liner (maybe ever wear double toe caps to get that toe down). Generally I've been using the same size liners. Only in tight boots like say the TLT5 have I downsized the liner. In very high volume boots like the old Spirit 3/4 or Mobe I've used a sized up liner to take up space. But most boots are way more anatomical now

Just got my new liners,Pro Wraps and Powerwraps, both in a 28 for use in a 27.5 Cochise. I have used powerwraps in the past and the design looks basically unchanged. As far as the ProWrap, it is the excat same rear cuff section as the powerwrap but with a new neoprene like toebox and with a traditional bottom rather than more ultralon foam. Lee, I am a little confused by your review because I cant see how these would be any stiffer than the powerwrap as the entire cuff and instep area is exactly the same design with same foams. I can take a side by side picture if desired, its pretty clear that they are mostly the same except for the toebox and strobble base.

I am pretty excited by these because while I loved my powerwaps before, my toes were pretty crushed for a while until I really broke them in. I figure the toe fit on these should be much more forgiviing right out of the chute.

Duffman,

According to Crystal at Intuition the foam in the Pro Wraps is thicker at toebox, heelcup and top of the liner. You're right that the stiffer AEPE plastic is the same locations. Looking at my old Powerwraps and Pro Wraps side-by-side they look the same but the foam is definitely thicker. Having said that my old Powerwraps were going on a 100 days ... so maybe that was just a wild ass guess at the stiffness on my part but I'm totally willing to be corrected on that.

Lee, Gotcha. I didn't bust out the calipers so while the liners look the same I suppose the foam could easily be a few mm thicker in those areas. Overall, I'm pretty excited about these liners as an updated version of the powerwrap that's a little more toe friendly, since that was the area I had the hardest time with break in on powerwraps in the past. Any advice on whether to use the foam foot bottom insert with footbeds or not? I assume it is best to pull this out for footbed use, but I did have footbeds in the powerwrap before which would probably be similar. Its hard to judge based on fit tightness since the liner is unbaked so instep fit is a tough call.

Dufman - its all about your own foot. I have flat feet so tend to use thinner footbeds