Transfering utorrent files to Itunes???

I have been having trouble getting these new files tranfered. I'm guessing there's a few steps I'm missing. Here's what I've done.

1)Succesfully downloaded utorrent off of bt.etree.org
    (yes I know...a bunch of hippy music)
    2)Got all the speed settings right
    3)Downloaded a sick Phish show from Steamboat from 1990.
    4)Seeded until the ratio hit 1, as it is good form to give back to the community.

Now I want these files on disk for a hard copy and ultimately on itunes, but I can't seem to do anything. I've searched all over, including here, and have come up empty handed.
    On another thread I asked allittle about this and was told that an IQ of 60 could figure this out. It's official. My IQ is 59!
    ""wash uffize drive me to firenze".

When you set up utorrent there's a target directory where all the downloaded data files end up. If the download is 100% complete then what are the files you ended up with? Sometimes people use RAR (similar to ZIP) to package all the files so you need another program unpack everything. I use a torrent working directory and then copy the data files (unpacking and renaming as necessary) to my music and video collections. Then I import them into iTunes.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

thanks snowdog

that's what I figured, but I don't have a zip program and I didn't want to pay for one without knowing that it was what I needed. How complicated is this torrent directory you use and if it's not to complicated could you please send me link to it.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Files from bt.etree are usually SHN or FLAC (uncompressed files for all the audiophiles).

You need something like xACT to convert the files to wav format. Itunes won't import/play SHN or FLAC.

Quote Originally Posted by benDover View Post
    thanks snowdog

that's what I figured, but I don't have a zip program and I didn't want to pay for one without knowing that it was what I needed. How complicated is this torrent directory you use and if it's not to complicated could you please send me link to it.
    Most of those programs have free (shareware) versions. You have to pay attention to what you're getting. Sometimes videos get packaged as EXEs which are really viruses. To use torrents effectively you have to figure out a workflow. For example, in uTorrent, Options -> Directories set up download and completed directories.

After a torrent completes copy or unpack the files to a working directory where you can clean up files names and tags (for MP3s)

After cleanup, move the files to your music or video directory and import into iTunes or whatever you use to manage your media.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

Use VLC. Itīs better than itunes, and plays just about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Use VLC. Itīs better than itunes, and plays just about anything.
    Or Winamp, which you can also use to sync and transfer audio/video to your iPod as well. The only thing iTunes is good for is purchasing music. If you're just looking for something to play and organize your tunes, there are much better options out there.
    I think that the human mind is unique among all other forms of life in that it can spontaneously create unique thoughts and provide unique behaviors. Instead of rewarding that uniqueness we, for some reason probably because of cultural and social necessity, we chastise unique behavior and reward conformity.

lot's of great advice here, keep it coming!

7zip is a good free zip extractor.

you need to convert to files that itunes can read, mp3,mp4 ect. It's as easy as that. mkwACT is free and good.

http://etree.org/mkw.html

SHN and FLAC files are hudge since they are lossless. I usually convert them to MP3 with a winamp plug-in then delete the original files.
    To the Thingmajigger!