Car selling advice-getting many calls from auto financers with clients-LEGIT?????

I've put my car into Autotrader and other local websites two weeks ago. In that time I've received about 4-5 calls from auto financial websites who finance potential buyers with poor credit and find them vehicles. They say they will guarantee my asking price as long as the vehicle is as I say.

One example of the companies is northamericanautomarket.com

Anybody have experiencs with companies such as this? Is it legit?

I am sketched out by the idea but have to admit it sounds good. For reference, the car is 04 Sub Outback, I am asking 12500 for it and would be happy with 11000. They tell me it is more of a specialty vehicle and priced slightly below Blue book of 13-14000. I know its a good value and in amazing condition but have only had a couple people looking.

These auto financers/brokers, whatever you want to call them all have basically the same spiel. I pay them around $300 and they guarantee me 12500 and a buyer. If for whatever reason it doesn't sell I get my money back. They pay me directly, I wait till the money clears, and then I hand over the vehicle to new owners. So basically they have a bank of potential clients with poor credit who need financing, find them the vehicles they are looing for in the area, advertise on their own site along with Auto Trader, etc. Sounds good to me.

Is this a great sounding sales pitch trying to scam me out of a few hundred bucks or are these people actually going to sell my car?????
    Last edited by robnow; 01-27-2009 at 06:49 PM.

you have to pay them to get money=SCAM

I have no concrete evidence, but don't do it. I can think of a few ways you could be totally screwed over.

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    Why don't they just sell it and take a $300 cut out of the check? sounds funny to me

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    "auto financial websites who finance potential buyers with poor credit and find them vehicles. "

"I pay them around $300 and they guarantee me 12500 and a buyer."

Clearly a ripoff, unless you have positive proof otherwise. Positive proof is not something they say on their website.

Save yourself the $300 and get a big For Sale sign, and park vehicle in high traffic area where likely users of the vehicle go. PickUp = park in Home Depot contractor's lot, Subie = park along the highway to a ski area on a weekend, etc.

Edit: Say you can't talk right now, in a meeting. Get their name and number and say you're real interested and you'll call back. They'll probably hesitate or say they'll call you, ... clear proof it's not legit.
    Last edited by Nobody Famous; 01-27-2009 at 10:44 PM.

Why would they be trying to swing deals for buyers of what you claim is a specialty car for buyers with poor credit? If is was a Cadilac and they are targeting the hood, then that would be one thing. But sounds like they have it backwards. You have a car you are willing to sell them at a reasonable price and if in fact they have a buyer, then the buyer would pay them the fees and their cut as part of the finance package.

Classic advance fee scam. Don't.

A legit dealer will just offer to buy the car from you outright at a small percentage below what he knows he can sell it for.

Simple test:

Google said company
    See how many googlepops include the word scam on the first page.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn