Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: HALO FUCKING 2

Alright sounds good.

We oughta set up a maggot game sometime. My personal pref's would be to disable radar and no time limit.

Whats the deal w/4 player Campaigns? do you have to do it on 2 xboxes. Im confused.

fuck the goddam stupid gay flood.

I am somewhat underwhelmed with this game, it seems that while some things have been updated and given it a better overall play, other features that should have been tweaked still fuck it up (ie, cinematic dialogue being drowned out by the soundtrack score, which you can't turn down). I also thought having the flood in it again, and more HALO worlds, was pretty unimaginative.

Guess I'll get back to San Andreas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones
    fuck the goddam stupid gay flood.

I am somewhat underwhelmed with this game, it seems that while some things have been updated and given it a better overall play, other features that should have been tweaked still fuck it up (ie, cinematic dialogue being drowned out by the soundtrack score, which you can't turn down). I also thought having the flood in it again, and more HALO worlds, was pretty unimaginative.
    Also the ending is a little lame, wont ruin it if there anyone who hasn't finished it. Suffice it to say Ole Bill Gates is a sly MoFo.

As for not hearing the dialog, I found an option to turn on subtitles. I was totally discombobulated by the story line the first time through. Second time I'll try to read the subtitles and figure out what the freak is goin’ on.

Bought the game this weekend and while overall it is one of the best games I have played on the xbox there are a few of things I don't like. First thing is the placing of the shield level. I liked it better in old location. I wish they would have you drop the second weapon (when dual wielding) with a different button than when switching to the secondary weapon. I don't like the accuracy of the brute cannon although using it as a melee weapon is great. I can have a brute lined up with the target point red and still miss the damn enemy. I am having a difficult time with the rocket launcher heat seeker missiles. What the hell is the symbol for they use when they tell you how to lock onto a target? Is it the left or right trigger? This one is more of my problem. I wish they would let you manipulate the trigger schemes betwee dual wielding and single wielding separately. With the first game I reversed the triggers because I am left handed. With this game it's nice to keep them the same when dual wielding, but when using a single weapon I still like the triggers reversed. What ends up happening during the dual wielding fights is that my left and right triggers operate the opposite gun on screen. Finally I hope they will let you watch the "movie segments" back to back without having to play the game once you've won.

Even with those flaws the game is great. Big environments and a lot less repetitive levels. During the latter levels with the Brutes I love the Energy Sword and Brute Cannon combo or the shotgun and Brute Cannon Combo. The Covenant sniper rifle sucks compared to the human one, but there are a lot of the human sniper rifles around.

I've been told the ending is a let down, but I haven't quite made it there yet. It's supposed to leave the story unresolved. If this is true I hope they will have Halo 3 ready for the Xbox Next debue.

Building a fighting force of extra-ordinary magnitude
    to get the lock with the rocket launcher, wait until it says "hold down ....to missle lock" or whatever or it won't work, then just pull the trigger and hold it down until it's got a lock, takes like 2 seconds, then release the trigger. it's friggin schweet watching the missle loop around and then slam home.
    thats new hampshire as fuck

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

vinz: still haven't seen you online yet.

I played a custom game and it's pretty sweet, no lag in setting the thing up and finding a game to play in. I finally bought a communicator but i wasn't hearing anything with it... kinda flaky so far.

Campaign is pretty sweet, but redicously hard compared to the previous game. I'm playing on Heroic and it's definitely tough.

yeah I was focused on single player and last night I had a lady friend over and she isn't into videogames so much. I've looked for you guys every time I go on but we're never on at the same time.

We ain't eager to be legal, so please leave me with the keys to your Jeep Eagle.

Finished the game last night. Personally I liked the ending. Maybe they should have put a to be continued at the end. I was glad I watched all the credits too.

My guess is that I'll have to wait for the Xbox Next debue for Halo 3.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by vinzclortho
    yeah I was focused on single player and last night I had a lady friend over and she isn't into videogames so much. I've looked for you guys every time I go on but we're never on at the same time.
    My ladyfreind was going to get me a xbox or PS2 for x-mas. When she thought about it she said: "I'm not going to compete with a box for attention."

Foiled again.

A maggot game would rule. Vinz - you'll have to be the game setter upper now. Clearly I suck at it.

VT - you're a right coaster, right? Me and Vinz keep it real west coast style, which probably explains why you never see him on there.

We could also really dork out and start a maggot Clan.

And yeah, Basom needs to get on the Halo 2 trolley.

Yeah stump i'm a right coaster... send you a Halo 2 friend invite (MPGeneral) the other day.

I'd like to nerd it out and be in a maggot clan, but i already joined one from a buddy (real life) and you can't be in more than one clan.

Anyway I saw vinz on last night, but he bailed out shortly after I got online. I could probably rally at least one or two for an arranged game.

Sweet VT. I was away all weekend, so I haven't picked up the invite yet. I'll get to that post haste, and should be on for awhile tonight.

Good playing with you last night stumpy. Though being EC time it's hard to play much later than that (damn work)

Word, VT. Sorry I had to cut out so fast - had to get a call from the special lady friend.

All points bulletin for Vinz: VT is a complete animal. The guy terminated me repeatedly, all with extreme prejuidice. Could you join a game so theres someone I might be able to kill once or twice ? Thanks.

Stump: I had just finished playing a couple of one on one games right before playing you, so kinda had my game on.

Good playing with ya and you were definitely coming back towards the end of the second level.

Hey Stump, sorry I bailed last night. I didn't realize my roommate was doing work shit on the computer and needed the internet so I had to bail. We GOTTA get some games going with no time limit, christ that pisses me off. CTF isn't that lame I guess, it's really the time limit I hate. And those 2 dudes that were hunting in a pack, they kept cyberkilling me, I hate them too.

No problem Vinz. I bailed a couple games after you did. I told my friends we need to play only team slayer games - CTF is okay, but I've got no interest in "territories" or assault pretty much.

Those guys who hunted in the pack were hilarious - that was the team slayer game right? Overshield + Dual plasma rifles = pack decimated.

Oh dear, there goes my life. Got it over the weekend - and haven't really slept since. As soon as my lazy ass gets a dsl connection I will look up the maggot clan.

do you guys get "network problems, you can't connect to your friends custom game" alot? I keep getting that and it sucks.

I did however play with a buddy from Boston last night, CTF 10 minute rounds 3 captures to win and it friggin RULED. So much fun and it gave me enough time to really get into conflicts with people and piss them off. I myself must have yelled "OH FUCK THAT! THAT'S BULLSHIT!!!" at the TV at least 20 times. The custom multiplayer games are infinitely better than playing 3 mintue games against random people.

I'll be on the Live tonight as I think I'm still drunk from last night and I know I'm broke BUT I do have focus plant to help me oot.

Come on Bennett.....let's party.

well, now that I'm layed up with this injury for awhile, and I just got an x-box...I might have to pick up a copy of H2 and see what all this shizz is about....
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Hell yeah Ty!!!! Come git some! Get on Live and do battle with us!

Good luck with the surgery and recovery and whatnot by the way.

can x-box's connect live wireless-ly? my connection is nowhere near my x-box damnit.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    can x-box's connect live wireless-ly? my connection is nowhere near my x-box damnit.
    Yah sure ya betcha. She'll run that way too.

If you just bought an Xbox, and are going to be laid up for a bit, the most fun games to get are:

Halo2
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Amped 2 (sick sick snowboarding game)
    Tiger Woods 2005

and I guess any other games you are into....but if you are in the store and are lookin for games to buy, I think that's a hot list to be working with.

This here is a good source for Xbox stuff

edit: oh and you can get used games pretty cheap at certain stores and they are usually in good shape and work fine.

holy crap, played this for about 7 hours last night and today, playing split screen at my buddies house, wasn't my copy, but i was very, very impressed. I can't wait to get it for xmas.

Ty, I got some games if you are interested that i am done with, trading it in only gets a few bucks, i'd rather give 'em to a maggot in need. Let me know if you are intersted. I'll send you Halo 1 and a few others to kill time with.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap