MBA level internships

Anyone know of any ski companies that offer MBA-level interships during the summer? I'm a recovering ski bum currrenly getting my MBA in boston and want to get back into the industry...yeah, yeah, I know the money is not all there, but I realized you gotta follow your passion. Something in the operations, finance or business developmet department is what i am interested in. thanks for any advice y'all can offer!

I heard Vail has a assistant to the Head Jong internship this summer opening up. It doesn't pay very well, but housing is provided.

Hmm where are all the MBAs working these days? Did you try internships at Men's Warehouse or Domino's? Not ski industry related, but experience is experience.

any idea if that will be posted on the website? or is it a network your way in kinda deal? thanks for the lead...

Hey no problem!, I just talked to a friend of mine that works up there and he said to email corporate and just mention the specific internship for the "Head JONG assistant". They should get right back to you...

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by CoAlpha View Post
    I heard Vail has a assistant to the Head Jong internship this summer opening up. It doesn't pay very well, but housing is provided.
    Ahahaha that made me chuckle out loud.

And you filthy MBAs drove our economy into the ground. Please don't do to the ski industry what you did to real estate.
    Last edited by FlyinGuitar08; 01-22-2009 at 10:40 AM.
    www.skiwisp.com
    Home sweet home.

I think they already "did it" to the ski industry by doing it to the real estate market.

Where are you getting your MBA at? I just finished @ Babson last Spring.

it seems that everytime an MBA has been introduced at the companies i have worked for there was a lot of hoopla (almost Obama-like) and by the next meeting/event they were gone...the ski industry (hard goods side anyways) does NOT conform to business school models (for better or worse)...
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinGuitar08 View Post
    And you filthy MBAs drove our economy into the ground. Please don't do to the ski industry what you did to real estate.
    Greed drove our economy into the ground. It just happens that a lot of MBA's are greedy. Personally I am getting my MBA to fight the Man from the inside Much easier and more effective!!

WWMBAD, this thread needs some critical MBA thinking

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=148407
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

You guys are entitled to your opinion about MBAs. I'm not going to disagree with you that there's a lot of scum in the business world, but saying all business scum has an MBA is way off. More than anything, MBA graduates are an extremely diverse crowd and take on a persona that reflects how they were taught.

I have numerous friends with MBAs who work trying to build businesses around legitimately clean energy, fair trade for third world nations, and cyclical, closed markets (production waste becomes inputs for someone else). A graduate from my school built the solar powered trash compactors at the top of Vail. Vail only needs to drive a cat to unload trash once/week now instead of every day or two. He didn't destroy the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreyarea View Post
    More than anything, MBA graduates are an extremely diverse crowd and take on a persona that reflects how they were taught.
    Really? I thought they were people of moderate intelligence who couldn't pick a profession and therefore paid $100,000 to a diploma mill that taught them to spew trendster jargon.

I have numerous friends with MBAs who work trying to build businesses around legitimately clean energy, fair trade for third world nations, and cyclical, closed markets (production waste becomes inputs for someone else). A graduate from my school built the solar powered trash compactors at the top of Vail. Vail only needs to drive a cat to unload trash once/week now instead of every day or two. He didn't destroy the economy.
    I stand corrected. $100k well spent on your greenbiznessOMG jargon.

I finished my MBA in the Boston area a year ago as well, love to ski, and would probably be able to hook you up with some ideas at the least.

You are going to need to provide nekkid pics of a gf, sister, mother, whomever, and post them for everyone to see. The way I see it, its a win win for everyone.

PM Iceman as well, he has connections in the industry

p.s. sirshredalot is right...I am greedy as fuck, and look forward to further driving the economy into the shitter
    Last edited by Brock Landers; 01-22-2009 at 01:54 PM.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I stand corrected. $100k well spent on your greenbiznessOMG jargon.
    I went for free on an academic scholarship.

I would say that your chances of finding anything for the summer is zero unless you workf for Zero. Skelton crews during the summer. WIth this winter as well, they are not going to pay anyone.
    THey are cutting costs everywhere and they might hire an intern for free. WIth that said, there is not much to do in the summer either accept to sut around and wait for the product to ship from europe and china.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Really? I thought they were people of moderate intelligence who couldn't pick a profession and therefore paid $100,000 to a diploma mill that taught them to spew trendster jargon.
    And make PowerPoint slides!!

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I would say that your chances of finding anything for the summer is zero unless you workf for Zero. Skelton crews during the summer. WIth this winter as well, they are not going to pay anyone.
    THey are cutting costs everywhere and they might hire an intern for free. WIth that said, there is not much to do in the summer either accept to sut around and wait for the product to ship from europe and china.
    Its pretty ignorant to say that ski companies (whether its resorts or manufacturers) don't do anything in the summer, and that no one is hiring.

just tryin to make a buck and have some fun...guess that hit a nerve

Good luck, I couldn't even get an internship with a ski company during my undergrad

i was offered an internship with a resort in south america for the summer. try that.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Its pretty ignorant to say that ski companies (whether its resorts or manufacturers) don't do anything in the summer, and that no one is hiring.
    Ignorant coming from someone who worked in the industry for 20 years? Yeah, i guess i dont really now anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangeroutofthevalley View Post
    just tryin to make a buck and have some fun...guess that hit a nerve
    I was not giving you a hard time, i was giving you a realist view of what goes on. If you wanted to work for free, I am sure someone would take you on. The ski industry is looking at decrease in sales of 25-40% across the board. They will be cutting costs to try and stop the bleading, IMHO, i beleive they will not only not be hiring, they will be cutting jobs across the board.
    Good luck

You guys are entitled to your opinion about MBAs. I'm not going to disagree with you that there's a lot of scum in the business world, but saying all business scum has an MBA is way off. More than anything, MBA graduates are an extremely diverse crowd and take on a persona that reflects how they were taught.

i feel the vast majority of wrong thinking people are right and i'm fed up and sick and tired of hearing that ordinary and decent people are fed up and sick and tired. Now I'm certainly not, but I'm fed up and sick and tired of being told that I am.

This diabolical piece of unprepossessing mental agility is produced so that I may commorate, by elucidations the great divide between social ex-communication and fratricide.