Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Thinking about this now though, where did they even get the guns? I don't remember seeing them have them after they got out of the raft. In reality, if your ship was sinking and you were getting on a life raft, would you grab a bunch of guns or other shit? Well maybe you would now that Lost is on but you probably wouldn't have a few years ago.
    Russeau's group landed in 1988, after Dharma settled the island. My guess is that in the time between Jin's jumps, they probably discovered a station and found some guns. The last guy she killed says something like, "It's a security system for the station," so her group had obviously done some exploring on the island and figured a few things out.

advres Guest
    I don't think the others just "leave" guns laying around in unused stations. The group would have had come into contact with the others and killed a couple of them to obtain the guns I assume. Just a thought. Right now all we can do is speculate anyway.

i dont know about that. after all jack, locke, and co. got a bunch of guns from the hatch desmond was in. whos to say the temple doesnt have a similar stash of weapons for its protection as well.

I also think the flashes will stop now that locke put the wheel back on its axis. the question is "when" that happened. is that the time when the oceanic six are supposed to return, or are sayid, jin, etc... still in the past.

this show only gets better as it goes on.

Show's really stepping it up this season. I don't think the flashes will stop... but I could be completely wrong.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksyrium View Post
    is that the time when the oceanic six are supposed to return, or are sayid, jin, etc... still in the past.
    Sayid is part of the Oceanic six. He is not time traveling.

So we know that Locke puts the wheel back on axis after Ben initially shifted it. All this time traveling has been going on since then, yet the wheel itself remained stationery while everything else appeared otherwise. So while the island jumps through time, the wheel is always in a fixed position meaning if you can find the well where the wheel is located, then you find the island. Right? Wrong? Not quite? Insignificant?

I believe the island moved in location when ben turned the wheel. The people on the island have been jumping around in time, but the island itself actually moved. I think. Shifting in time wouldn't account for it disappearing while the people who left (oceanic six) were watching it.

I think Locke got the island to stop shifting, but "when" it stopped we don't yet know. But I think that means that Juliette, Sawyer, and everyone else on the island have been in that time period for three years now, since that is when the present day activities are taking place off the island. Three years is a long time to interact with whoever else is on the island. Maybe even long enough to build a giant four-toed statue.

However... We did see a couple of episodes ago that Daniel was down in the wheel chamber with the Dharma construction crew, and yet we know that since the flashes started he has constantly been with Charlotte and Miles (except for when he visited Desmond), and so maybe that's a hint that the island is now frozen in the Dharma past. Maybe Dharma buried the well to conceal what was underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmear View Post
    Maybe Dharma buried the well to conceal what was underneath.
    Interesting. Either that are they are wayyyyyy in the past (think hieroglyphics) and are ancestors of the island as you alluded to earlier.

Also, before dying Charlotte said "Turn it up! I love Geronimo Jackson!" This is the same record the survivors found in the hatch.

advres good catch on my typo, meant to type sawyer and not sayid...

Im thinking maybe the people on the island are indeed back in time at the start of the dharma initiative. which would explain why we saw faraday in the orchid in the season opener, and charlotte does say faraday was the man from her past who scared her and told her not to come back to the island. but who knows for sure. im interested to see where they are going with the show.

advres Guest
    ohh.. the episode just started and I am exited!

And I stand corrected... After rewatching last weeks, it seems that Russeau's group did have the guns with them from the getgo.

they still gone?
    is this thing on?

advres Guest
    WTF........

So after Locke left, it seems the people on the island have been stuck in time when the Dharma Initiative was starting out, right? When the VW came busting out at the end, I was expecting Roger to appear.

And why doesn't Walt (or Michael) need to be with the Oceanic 6? I understand why Aaron wasn't there. Lots of other questions. Who beat up Ben (maybe Desmond - Ben said he would kill Penny after Alex was murdered)? Who took Aaron? Why Frank? That seemed too coincidental.

Also, does anyone think there was a person or people on Oceanic flight 815 that was trying to accomplish the same thing that Ben, Jack, Sayid, Kate, Sun, and Hurley were accomplishing in trying to return to the island?

I think Kate gave Aaron to his grandmother.
    Who was that mystery guy sitting in first class with the 6 (er, 5)? He was the only other person in that section of the plane.

I wondered about that guy. My guess is he's working for Widmore.

That's a pretty sweet airline they were taking. They had no problem with Hurley carrying on a guitar case and putting it in the seat next to him even during takeoff!

I bet if you bought 76 tickets they'd let you take your guitar case on, too.

Can't believe I am posting in this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    And why doesn't Walt (or Michael) need to be with the Oceanic 6? I understand why Aaron wasn't there.
    I was thinking that too. Kind of a big red flag.

Who beat up Ben (maybe Desmond - Ben said he would kill Penny after Alex was murdered)?
    That was my thought.

Why Frank? That seemed too coincidental.
    But didn't it feel good to see Frank flying that plane?

Also, I thought how the old lady explained how Dharma found the island was a little paint by the numbers.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

advres Guest
    And why doesn't Walt (or Michael) need to be with the Oceanic 6? I understand why Aaron wasn't there. Lots of other questions. Who beat up Ben (maybe Desmond - Ben said he would kill Penny after Alex was murdered)? Who took Aaron? Why Frank? That seemed too coincidental.
    She said the more people they had to recreate the incident the better. It doesn't mean they all have to go. My guess is Michael got blowed up. He was still below deck we presume when ship exploded. Walt was off the island before the time shift happened so it seems he may not need to return? What about Sun's child? It raises an ethical question whether a baby in the belly is a person at all

Also, does anyone think there was a person or people on Oceanic flight 815 that was trying to accomplish the same thing that Ben, Jack, Sayid, Kate, Sun, and Hurley were accomplishing in trying to return to the island?
    Now THAT is very interesting! Maybe the flight attendant on 815? She seemed easily 'turned' to the others perspective and way of living.

Also, I thought how the old lady explained how Dharma found the island was a little paint by the numbers.
    Yeah, why even bother to "explain" all that? It didn't really help filling in plot holes, and made everything sound more ridiculous than if it was just left to the imagination.

I am looking forward to their next "assignment" — what do they need to do now that they're back? Saving the folks they left behind will just be the start...

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    But didn't it feel good to see Frank flying that plane?
    It sure did. Definitely one of my favorite characters on the show. Liked how he had a twinkle in his eye when he asked, "We aren't going to Guam, are we?"

And some Lost kooks believe there's some deep stuff with John 3:16 -

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

shifty stewardess
    dude in 1st class is a widmore guy

wouldn't russeau have recognized jin a couple seasons back?
    fine

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I wondered about that guy. My guess is he's working for Widmore.

That's a pretty sweet airline they were taking. They had no problem with Hurley carrying on a guitar case and putting it in the seat next to him even during takeoff!
    My exact thoughts. The mexican dude is probably trying to infiltrate the island...
    As Hurley was sitting there I'm thinking "sheesh they yell at me when I leave my iPod on the seat beside em"
    Overall, good episode to make some more connections but I don't think the story did that much besides them returning to the island.