Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    so it jumped the shark the first episode when Christian Shepard returned from the grave
    Is that a question or a statement?
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

So it seems after last night's episode that Jack, Kate, et al were "flashed" to a different time than everyone else on the plane. I'm interested to see where they're going to take that! Judging from last week they are sometime in the past when Dharma was still active on the island (Jin driving a new looking Dharma van).

Are Locke and the other crash survivors (including Ben) on the adjacent island? There was a scene showing Locke looking out over the water to another island and "the pilot" (presumably Lapidus) and another woman took a boat somewhere--probably to the main island. And wasn't the woman who was talking to Locke the Marshal who sitting next to Sayid on the plane? Doesn't she wonder what the hell happened to him?
    Last edited by The AD; 02-26-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: lost my train of thought...

locke and the non time flashing passengers are at the hydra base, this is where sawyer, jack and kate were held captive 2 seasons ago. also where Sawyer and Kate were working on a........ ( duh duh duh)

runway/landing strip

My head exploded last night.

Does anyone think Ben murdering Locke was a way to get the O6 back to the island? He wasn't doing well on his Widmore assignment and perhaps Ben used Locke's death (or suicide) for persuasive leverage against the O6.

Also, if Ben is so good at protecting the O6 from harm, why can't or hasn't he killed Widmore himself yet? Does Ben need him for something?

I was disappointed by the Locke-Walt interaction. Considering how much the kid was talked up, I was certainly expecting more from that encounter. Maybe there's plans for Walt down the road.

You know, Locke did a pretty terrible job on his assignment. You'd think he could come up with a more convincing case for returning to the island than "you're supposed to return to the island." He went through all the trouble of getting off the island for that? Epic fail as a motivational speaker!

Interesting that Ben waited to kill Locke until he got the info he wanted from him, which seemed to be that Heloise was the person who could get them back to the island. How did Ben know her before, and more importantly how did he not know she was the key to getting back to the island? Or did he?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You know, Locke did a pretty terrible job on his assignment. You'd think he could come up with a more convincing case for returning to the island than "you're supposed to return to the island." He went through all the trouble of getting off the island for that? Epic fail as a motivational speaker!

Interesting that Ben waited to kill Locke until he got the info he wanted from him, which seemed to be that Heloise was the person who could get them back to the island. How did Ben know her before, and more importantly how did he not know she was the key to getting back to the island? Or did he?
    I am so confused now. It is hard to keep up with WHEN certain scenes happenend in time. I am now believing that Whitmoore is the good guy and Ben is the evil one. Am I the only one who thinks Ben is getting funnier every episode. He had me laughing when he was on the plane with Jack. Did the whole plane go down or just certain passangers? What is Locke going to do with Ben????

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    Also, if Ben is so good at protecting the O6 from harm, why can't or hasn't he killed Widmore himself yet? Does Ben need him for something?
    See that is where I got confused last season when Bens daughter died. They showed a flash forward to Ben coming into Widmore's room at night and have a chat. Widmore asked if he was going to kill him and Ben said "You know I can't do that. But I am going to kill your daughter Penny".

Why exactly couldn't Ben kill Widmore? It seems that it really would have solved everybodies problems.

Quote Originally Posted by LARRY01 View Post
    I am now believing that Whitmoore is the good guy and Ben is the evil one.
    I think they're both egomaniacal pricks. Who says one of them has to be good?

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Why exactly couldn't Ben kill Widmore?
    One obvious explanation. The old "the island won't let him" thing. Just like Michael couldn't die when he returned from the island. He still had to fulfill his purpose on the friehgter. I think the explanation for this is that someone can't die because it would create a time paradox and ths implies to me that Widmore will still return to the island and somehow Ben knows this. Maybe this means when Widmore returns it will be in the past--kind of like how the )6 seem to have returned to island in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Why exactly couldn't Ben kill Widmore? It seems that it really would have solved everybodies problems.
    I think Ben dying would have saved a lot of people as well.

I know it's not in him, but had Jack killed Ben when the two confronted each other once the freighter radio was working (after Charlie died in the underwater area), shit would be a lot better off for everyone. Just like Christian said, "When has listening to Ben got you anywhere good?"

Maybe this means when Widmore returns it will be in the past--kind of like how the O6 seem to have returned to island in the past.
    Interesting idea that makes sense. Assuming the O6 is back in the 50s/60s/whatever, they really can't die because it would fuck up everything that takes place from then up to the present (that being 2007). Right?

I think they're both egomaniacal pricks. Who says one of them has to be good?
    I am beginning to think that they are both just trying to use Locke to get what they want and that they keep telling Locke he is "special" to manipulate him. Though Locke's apparent resurrection would seem to suggest that he is special somehow. Perhaps he is, and neither Ben or Widmore realize just how much so, in which case the island is using them as a means to it's own end.

I don't think Ben thought he would see Locke alive again, since he says something like "goodbye" or "I'll miss you, John" when he is almost done strangling him. I am really looking forward to his reaction when he wakes up to Locke standing over him.

I am really curious to find out just how Locke was resurrected, since he was dead for days if not weeks and the funeral home presumably embalmed his body. My best guess is that they have returned to the island at a point in time prior to his death so he never actually was brought back from the dead. His memory of dying would seem to contradict this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    His memory of dying would seem to contradict this though.
    Not really. Going back in time hasn't erased anyone else's present time memories.

Did anyone find it interesting that Locke, despite his broken leg, could walk when he left the island? I think off the island he would be paralyzed.

I thought his temporary return to the wheelchair symbolized something, but I’m not sure what. I’m not too symbolic.

It does seem that Locke has a lot of falls and injuries where his ability to walk is threatened.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Ben found Locke in the nick of time, whether by chance or by destiny (I think the latter; the island was working in both of their favors), and was able to convince Locke to give him info from the island (aka Jacob/Christian) on what to do next. That info was to find Mrs. Hawking. But Ben somehow knew that Locke had to die to serve as the replacement for Christian on the plane. He also knew that now that he had restored Locke's faith in the journey, that Locke wouldn't kill himself. So Ben killed Locke not out of malice but out of duty. Locke had to die. Ben saw to it that the plan stayed on track.

I think the next scene we'll see is Ben waking up on the island telling Locke the honest truth--that I killed you because I had to. And I think Locke will understand that.

Ben is the good guy in all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmear View Post
    Ben is the good guy in all of this.
    He has a hell of a body count for a 'good guy.'

I'm not sure Ben intended to see Locke again or thought he would come back to life. The way he said "goodbye" to John on his way out the door after strangling him hinted to me that Locke's death was final in Ben's view.

It did look as if Jin still being alive had somehow thrown a spanner into Ben's plans.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

As usual, it answered questions and raised new ones....

Like how is Sayid building houses for the needy? So now we have to ask what they hell happened between then and him turning into a contract killer/whatever he was earlier in the season? He says he spent 9 great months with his wife...eluding she passed. Maybe Im missing somthing...love this damn show.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    It did look as if Jin still being alive had somehow thrown a spanner into Ben's plans.
    Alternatively, it switched on a HUGE lightbulb in Ben's head as he realized how he could get Sun to go back.

Ben and Whitmore are the same person - just at different points in time.

Ahhh, just fucking w/ ya.

Even watching from the get go, I have gotten ridiculously confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Poop*Ghost View Post
    Ben and Whitmore are the same person - just at different points in time.

Ahhh, just fucking w/ ya.

Even watching from the get go, I have gotten ridiculously confused.
    My buddy reads a Lost forum and was telling me some ridiculous theories yesterday. Apparently, there are people out there that believe Jack (who is now in the past) grows older and fathers a child who eventually becomes Christian Shephard who then fathers a child who eventually becomes Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    I'm not sure Ben intended to see Locke again or thought he would come back to life. The way he said "goodbye" to John on his way out the door after strangling him hinted to me that Locke's death was final in Ben's view.
    Sure, he may not have known Locke was going to come back to life, but I still think he killed Locke because he was supposed to.

No comments yet on last night's episode? I thought it was great! We've now got confirmation that the flashes stopped after Locke moved the wheel. So how come the Oceanic Six were 'flashed' when their plane went over the island?

It will be very interesting to see what happens now that the Oceanic Six plus Sawyer and company are now part of the Dharma Initiative. And what about everyone else still on the island?

Do you think the baby born last night is a character we already know about? I believe they said it was 1974 when they first entered the Dharma camp, so it must be 1977 when the baby was born. That makes him late 20s when the Oceanic 815 crashed. Who could it be?