Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Enter the PoachNinja- A Hakuba Sidecountry TR

(note, that the following photos are a subset of Paede's famous snow safari TR. The following is the view of his Japan travels from the perspective of the Poachninja clan)

The late 14th century was a troubled time for Japan. The country, united in name under one Emperor, was in fact at war with itself as feudal warlords vied to unite the country and chart its direction according to their vision. The battles, however, were waged by a warrior class steeped in tradition and whose every action was bound to a strict code of laws and conduct. This rigid adherence to codified behavior restricted the samurai in their actions and hindered their ability to win in battle against an enemy willing to forgo the rules for victory.

Enter the ninja- these clandestine warriors of legend filled the gap left by the samurai and their bushido code. Dressed to blend into their surroundings, they freely operated in areas where the samurai would not and conducted theselves as the samurai could not. Through their actions, a small group of ninja warriors tipped the scale of battle and shaped the future of Japan for centuries.

Yet still the battle between the rigid adherence to ancient coded behavior and progressiveness still wages on, now on Japan's ski resorts- Enter the Poachninja.

Like the Ninja of old, the poachninja dresses to blend in with his surroundings in order to avoid the unwanted attention of those who enforce the rules for no other reason than they are revered in history.

Also, like the ninja of old, the Poachninja are organized in small clans to support each other in the field. Here a Poachninja shows his clan symbol.

And here the clan operates in tight formation

Here the clan name is displayed subtly on the uniform of the ninja. One can also see the finely crafted weapon of the ninja in this photo. These tools of the ninja trade have been forged in secret in the mountains by a famous master skismith known only by the mysterious name of "Splat".

Just as their historic brethren often forwent environmental camouflage and rather chose to dress as peasants or farmers to blend in, some Poachninjas ride the sidecountry trying to look like the throngs of tourists that populate the hill. Here, our only swiss Poachninja, Paedde, drops into the field of operations (in snow this deep, white is often superfluous to need anyway).

Followed by Valarauko

Not only does the area of operations differ greatly from the the historic code of conduct, so to does the tactics. Some Poachninja drop silently onto their prey

While others leap from afar

The poachninja is is also trained in the (potentially) deadly art of jib-jitsu

Another day and another mission for the clan. The day threatened sun and the field of operations required long runouts through wide open groomers. It was felt by the clan that blending in with the peasant tourists would be the better course of action as to not attract attention in the resort. The plan went flawlessly as shown by Ville in this shot.

Dressing darkly and blending into the trees were enough.

If the heat was on, instict and years of training would kick and and the poachninja would leap to safety

Or, not unlike the smoke-bombs of the ninja, the Poachninja can disappear in a cloud of cold smoke, as Ville displays here

Sometimes the Poachninja leaves a ego-signature sticker while sometimes his tracks are all that are left only to blown away or covered by the next storm. The spirit, however, remains- the spirit of the Poachninja
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

money, good stuff
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness

awesome, just awesome

This is GOOD stuff...nice!!

nice trees!
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

nice bro, good to see ya gettin sum
    @EdgeLinkJohn

W h i t e.
    -You can't get hurt if you are in the air.

Caleb Wray Photography

good to see the fat chick helmet in action.

How about the limited edition Poachninja white topsheet Bro?
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    How about the limited edition Poachninja white topsheet Bro?
    While there isn't a limited edition white topsheet bro there is a special poachninja bro

There are already about 5 in circulation (I haven't mounted mine yet as I am still bashing about on the prototypes). Like the glint of the steel from the finely honed blade of the ninja, often it is only the weapon that is ever seen on the poachninja....

BTW, you can win a pair of limited edition Poachninja bros in our sticker contest on poachninja.com

www.poachninja.com

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post

There are already about 5 in circulation (I haven't mounted mine yet as I am still bashing about on the prototypes).
    I'm so proud. About time some online spirit, character and fun was back in the mix for whities skiing in Japan. The start of something good, more than that start, its well underway. Great slay shots as well. You've even got our local mtn gear shop owner telling me with a big smile that he skied Cortina today.... "but didn't poach". You know who.

Now mount your new PN PMG customs so I can buy your beaten protos at a (very) cheap price whilst I save up for some new ones, which will take a while. I'm like, you know, the best skiing-snowboarder in Hakuba, you know, thats gotta be good for the brand. I can't ski powder on 75mm anymore, I just cant. I'm fucking serious. Don't beleive me? Try it

I know where you live and I will steal them if forced.
    Life is not lift served.

Cool

Packing now, and is leaving for Hakuba tomorrow morning... See you on the hill :-)

Hmmmm, should probably see if I can find something white to wear. Most of my stuff is a bit too bright for poaching, hehe...
    Last edited by Teletori; 01-22-2009 at 02:31 PM.

that looks fun.

I love Cortina and I want those skis.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Worthy dumbness.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

SWEET!

Nice .... in stealth mode

Quote Originally Posted by StuntCok View Post
    Last edited by Spark; 01-22-2009 at 05:34 PM.

nice TR. loved the history lesson to go with the pic show.

are you accepting new members into the PN clan? i'm down, except if there is an elephant walk involved!
    1 WIDE Ski
    'and don't worry its clean, because I never get laid anyways.' - leroy jenkins

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I love Cortina and I want those skis.
    You could enter the contest to win them. The thread is here or at www.poachninja.com . ALternatively, I am sure if you are ordering Lhasa Pows you could ask Splat for the Poachninja topsheet.

And Deuce, you and anyone interested in Japan skiing or poaching in general are welcome at Poachninja.com. It's like Japan's TGR forums.

www.poachninja.com

Thumbs up

Entertaining, educational, and rad. Thanks.

Lovely lovely lovely pics.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Time to start planning for this year. Bump for a sweet TR.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Yeah, can't wait to ski those trees again Two more months to go.

So so good.
    Fresh Tracks are the ultimate graffitti.
    Schmear

Set forth the pattern to succeed.
    Sam Kavanagh

Friends of Tuckerman Ravine

Quote Originally Posted by Ville View Post
    Yeah, can't wait to ski those trees again Two more months to go.
    As Stuntcok loves to say, They are F'ing SICKTARDED!!!

Cant wait for a Hakuba trip in January. New places in Hokkaido to check out this winter first
    パウダーバカ!!