Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Bump for the iceman.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Errrrr

My balls were black and blue for a week. That surgery sucks, but as everyone else has stated, worth it. Just make sure to get your loads checked! It’s not 100%!

Never followed this up...
    Dr. must have known he put a hurt on me. Wrote me 30 oxycodone. Needed every one of them.
    Took a lot longer to recover than I expected. I would say I’m now 100% recovered, but it was probably two months to get to normal feeling.

Wow... did you go to a large-animal vet?

I also had a little longer "tail" than the week or two others have reported; more like 3-4 weeks before not wearing a jock strap was as comfortable as wearing one, and more like 5-6 weeks before I could ski or workout comfortably sans jock strap. Also had a minor infection at the surgical site (probably wasn't diligent enough with Neosporin after things started hearing well), so not sure if that had an impact on things.

Fuck guys, I was good to go 2 days later, only restriction was 7 days to bike.

You need to pick better surgeons

I rip the groomed on tele gear

I don't know about good to go in 2 days but I did do some mellow mountain biking 10 days after.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Fuck guys, I was good to go 2 days later, only restriction was 7 days to bike.

You need to pick better surgeons

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Like 10 years and I’m still randomly getting orchitis
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Anyone have “the snip” done lately? I’m signed up in two weeks. They offered to give me a light sedative like Valium or Ativan, but it’s not mandatory. If I go without I wouldn’t need a driver, but I’m not sure how driving would feel either way.

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    Anyone have “the snip” done lately? I’m signed up in two weeks. They offered to give me a light sedative like Valium or Ativan, but it’s not mandatory. If I go without I wouldn’t need a driver, but I’m not sure how driving would feel either way.
    I got mine done last year. I took the drugs and would recommend it. You’re not going to want to do much driving after anyway.

Otherwise it was as smooth as could be expected. Did mine Friday afternoon and spent the weekend on the couch. They gave me some oxy that I took Friday night but never needed after that, just had a cooler of beers, some frozen peas, a good indica, and a new video game to hold me over. My (then) wife actually left with the dog to her parents’ house for the weekend so there was no pressure to do anything but chill. I highly recommend that. Especially if you have kids.

The only mistake I made was being active, both physically and sexually, a couple of days early which set me back a couple/three days past what it would have been otherwise. My doc said a week for all of that and I should have listened.

All in all it went as smooth as could be expected and I shot blanks right away.

Again ^^ make sure you clean out the pipes and test clean cuz my youngest son was conceived post vasectomy

doc said to me " whatever you had you should have been selling "
    Last edited by XXX-er; 12-01-2023 at 03:47 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Man, the chop was a quick in/out for me. One day off work with peas on my sack. Probably a week before extra curricular.

Trip report: I had mine done 10 days ago and it was easy peasy. Better than going to the dentist. I had no sedative and no narcotics. Took a few doses of Tylenol to be on the safe side but didn’t even need that. I iced off and on that night and that did the trick. I never had any pain. Went to my kids basketball game the next and still felt great. Played soccer five days later and felt no adverse effects.

I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and pain to set in but it never happened.

The worst part was sitting there prepped and ready to go with my junk out, sprayed down with betadine for about 15-20 minutes waiting for the surgeon who was running behind. At least they put a heat lamp on me to keep the boys warm while I was waiting.

Can’t have those things shrinking up into your body

My TR was similar but I did have a few hiccups. Some mild discomfort during procedure but no real pain. Walked the dog on day 2 and 3 and ended up back on the couch with ice for an extra couple days. Took about a full month to feel 100%, and even after that, mountain biking with lots of jostling made me uncomfortable again.

So my recovery has been way slower than most guys, but 100% worth it and the pain/discomfort has really been a 2/10 at most. A headache is more painful and a migraine is 100x worse. Definitely worth the price of admission and have no second thoughts about going through with it.