Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Vasectomy recovery time

For those who have had......how soon did you recover?

I had a no-needle procedure done last monday and on the second "nut" they guy had some issues - the clamp kept falling off - like 3 times, but he eventually was able to cut/burn. But much pain ensued....he said I would be feeling it for a couple of days longer than normal. He prescribed some percocet and sent me on my way.

I took the next 3 days off of work and lounged around taking it easy.

So by Friday I was still in much pain so I called him back and he said if there wasent any swelling or discoloration, then he didnt think it was an infection so he said lay low all weekend (3-day weekend) and thing should get better.

well its wednesday, and I was feeling much better yesterday, so went to work (I'n in IT) did a lot of walking to/from meetings etc and foolishly went up 2 flights of stairs....by 3PM I was back in swollen pain hell.....am working from home again today to recover, but this is a pain - its been 8 days and still down and out.....

any experience?

everyone I've talked to -including my boss - generally were back ok after a few days.....

bklyn is online now who guards the guardians?
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    ... still down and out.....
    Not a phrase one likes to read when referencing that area... ++ vibes
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Ice and feet up are best. Call the doc if it doesn't improve in a day or two.

Mine was painful the second day, then improved rapidly for a few days. About the 4th morning I got a morning wood, and it tore the incision open in a most painful way. Even with that I was up and around fine within 5 days.

Maybe he cut the wrong tube?
    Living vicariously through myself.

Mine was about a week before it felt pretty good and two to three weeks before I didn't notice any more. I think AlpineDad can tell stories of extended problems.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

I am supposed to take the plunge on this in the next few months...

I am feeling sick to my stomach,

Thx all....

Since I'm already at day 9 I called Doc back for a 2nd time today - he prescribed ciprofloxacin (antiboitic) in case there is infection......he thinks its either an infection or a hemo....(hemosomethingorother) - he described as a scar in which case nothing to do but wait it out.....I'm hoping its a minor infection and this antibiotic wraps it up in the next day or so....espcially since I'm down to my last couple of days worth of percocet.....

yeah grrrrr - he definitly had problems with the nut in question....

Be careful with the cipro, http://www.schmidtandclark.com/Cipro/ personal anecdotal side effects of cipro were painful achilles tendons the following ski season.
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    Be careful with the cipro, http://www.schmidtandclark.com/Cipro/ personal anecdotal side effects of cipro were painful achilles tendons the following ski season.
    uuuugh - thx for the heads up

uuuugh - thx for the heads up
    Yeah, it's something to look out for and be aware of. I definitely needed the antibiotics to kill whatever stomach bug I picked up in my travels, so I would not advise against taking it. It works. I wish I had known beforehand that the drugs I took on that trip would result in so much pain months later while skiing. (the one sport I do which requires real flexibility and strength in that tendon)

^ Very good point here.
    A (woman) friend of mine ruptured her achille's while playing tennis, after an intensive treatment with Ciprofloxacine. (Her doc forgot to warn her...) Her tendon just popped without any warning signs of fatigue.
    A really athlectic woman, and it took her nearly a year to recover. That's a really, really, shitty injury.

(I had no idea vasectomy was so popular around here. Eek...)
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Vasectomy = Recreation vs. procreation!

Just putting a resolution in case someone ever uses this thread for reference......must have been infected nutz cuz after began taking cipro all pain was gone by the 2nd day and now 5 days later seem at 100%.........now can shred the gnar at Magic after this storm

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    Yeah, it's something to look out for and be aware of. I definitely needed the antibiotics to kill whatever stomach bug I picked up in my travels, so I would not advise against taking it. It works. I wish I had known beforehand that the drugs I took on that trip would result in so much pain months later while skiing. (the one sport I do which requires real flexibility and strength in that tendon)
    Thanks again B - stopped taking after 8 days istrad of the full 10...

Duuuuude, letting another man fondle your balls is bad enough, letting them cut your balls open with a knife...well that is some fucked up shit.

Glad to hear they didn't fall off from infection. Infection is one of the major reasons I wouldn't go under the knife for any reason unless absolutely necessary. However, as I age, the one thing that gets me out of bed in the morning is the fact that no matter how much of a fuckup I am, I don't have any kids, and I'm not married. It is my greatest accomplishment to date!!

Unfortunately, I like to get all fucked up and bang chicks. If I'm not totally shit faced there may be a chance of a condom, but I hardly ever get away without a little game of "just the tip".

I realize I am faced with some pretty tough decisions or my days as a single bachelor are numbered. Either; I stop partying and fucking chicks when I'm so blinded I can't find my pockets much less a condom, go gay, or go under the knife. The first two are pretty much out.

So my question is, beside the obvious negative aspects of cutting into you balls with a fucking knife part, does anyone who has had this done feel it has taken away from ANY aspect of your life. I have a friend who is convinced that he has lost some of his manhood, and really feels it has taken the edge off his life and deeply regrets its. Another friend, not so much.

Personally I would have to think that you nut a little less volume than before, right? I mean its a mixture of fluid and sperm. No sperm means a smaller load right? So smaller load means smaller orgasm, or at least it does to me.

Anyways, I am actually serious about this question and would love to hear from the collective as to what they think.

^^^^

Yeah well when you've got a one year old and a two year old and your wife cant go on the pill, taking a knife to the balls is easier than looking forward to #3....nevertheless...

I had my wife blow me the day before (pre-op) and then again last weekend(post-op) and she says no change in taste/volume....hope this helps dude....

Wink

^^^^

Yeah well when you've got a one year old and a two year old and your wife cant go on the pill, taking a knife to the balls is easier than looking forward to #3....nevertheless...

I had my wife blow me the day before (pre-op) and then again last weekend(post-op) and she says no change in taste/volume....hope this helps dude....
    I like that some real clinical research !!

no change in taste....
    That may be a little more info than I was looking for.

Search Jong! just kidding, here is my story from an older thread:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...sectomy&page=2

"The first ones easy
    I had one, sat on the couch for 3 days on a sack of frozen peas. And I thought that sucked. Went back took the test, Doc says still some there, come back in 2 months. I went back and took the test several times. After one year they found a swimmer. Then the Doc says, we need to do it again, but this time we make the hole twice as big and take out 3 times as much vas. That ‘ll fix ya!
    The recovery took over a week, swelled up the size of a grapefruit and turned black. I was still walking like a cowboy after 2 weeks, but all is normal now.

Just remember if you get one and it works there is no going back, and if you suffer though it you should make sure it really worked."

Its not easy, but get your balls above your hart and the swelling will go down.

About 6 months after that I did have some other problems the doctors claim were unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by edmoloco View Post
    After one year they found a swimmer. Then the Doc says, we need to do it again, but this time we make the hole twice as big and take out 3 times as much vas...

...The recovery took over a week, swelled up the size of a grapefruit and turned black.
    About 6 months after that I did have some other problems the doctors claim were unrelated.
    Oh man.......thx for the info....i think

Got clamped with little titanium rings....one small incision...the local anesthetic needle was more painful than the "operation". I spent the weekend sitting a bag of frozen peas which helped huge! The only downside (sort of) was the inlaws were visiting at the time. Was just a little awkward holding the boys while my mother in law was trying to carry on a normal conversation. Anyway, took it easy and was good to go in a week. I hear there is a no touch procedure now too....? Then there is the joy of taking a warm sample back to the lab in a few months!

Caught this thread and it opened old memories. Back in the day.. two kids is enough.. made and appointment with Dr Stopp. Yes, his real name. Laid out on the table like a frog in bio lab with a screen to hide my view. Doc and an intern on the other side. Got a feelin like someone was pulling on my tonsils from the inside. When I groaned I heard the doc say to the intern "don't pull on that." Hurt for a long time after

Had mine 5 weeks ago and still have pain (and scab) at the one incision. Pain is worst during erection - probably due to stretch. Will find out next week if first batch is without mini-me's

Re:Vasectomy recovery time

HI pepperdawg,

Well, Don't be worry, this is common thing which are face by many personalities . Vasectomy recovery time is not decided earlier. It depends the resistance power of the body to heal it and reduces the pain.If still your pain on high peak then consult a good doctor and take advice to lower your pain attack.Take care of yourself and get well soon from this pain.

Thanks

I had the procedure done 22 years ago ,I know because my oldest is 22 and my youngest is 21

I dunno if its any different now days,during the OP it did feel like they were pulling my internal organs out ,but it didn't really hurt ,and needles don't actually bother me

what did hurt is when the freezing wore off at home , I remember going for the first post OP piss ,being hit with an intense wave of pain and waking up passed out on the bathroom floor with a huge bruise where I took the towel bar in the ribs going down ... it could have something to do with the half bottle of wine and reefer I had consumed for post op pain control but normaly that would be NO problem and yeah it hurts for a long time afterwards

And why do I remember 22 years ? cuz the condom broke and the very last little fucker in there must have turned off the lights and went on to glory, right after the wife was diagnosed as pregenant I went for a jerk-off-in-the-jar and the lab said I was clean

so don't skip the motility test and give yerself LOTS of time to completely purge the system,I have heard there are 20 or 30 hot shots left in there,I think the condom broke at 20 something

IMO start jerking off as soon as you feel able and purge that system !

BTW altho he was unplanned junior was a great kid , turned out incredibly smart ,one of those kids who always got the 97% or else perfect mark ,a freeride to uni ,WAY smarter than both his parents put togetehr,absolutely no problems ever growing up and kid has a thot process that would rival Spock

so I often wonder WTF did that come from ... highgraded sperm?