Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Worst Ski boot = Tecnica (barn door) Icon Alu. Fucking barn door exploded on me in La Grave over 6 months ago. Still re-learning how to walk. When your big toe touches your shin.... NOT GOOD.
    Lucky I was on a blue run, and not way out in the BC.

Best... Nordica Grand Prix (black ones) (stiff)

I've been in Nordica's for over 20 years working my way thru GP's, 980's. 981's and next month some new Beasts. My feet like them, I like them. It's been a long time since I've hated boots.

Best - Saloman Course. fit like cement, none of this facking soft boot crap.

Worst - Technica Icon X. It's a good boot just really bad fit for me.

Here's hopeing this years Lange is a good match since I just got it.

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    worst (looking)- Dolomite Secret Weapons; knee high
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

Best: Raichle Flexon Pro
    Worst: Raichle Flexon Comp (the shin chewers).

Raichle does not know how to market their stuff, naming totally different boots basically the same.

Thermoflexes rool!

Please excuse another journey down memory lane, but...

I still bear the scars of being the last person on the slopes at our local ski hills to be seen in leather, lace-up ski boots. My damn older brother always got the new stuff first, and I had to wait until he out-grew it before I could upgrade.

Anyways, sibling rivalry aside, some of my memorable ski boots over the years:

Lange leather lace ups - Shiny black leather and lace, kind of a weird domination scenario on the ski hill. (Had to clamp those bitches in a boot press when you took them off at the end of the ski day or the soles would warp.)

Nordica bananas - I don't think they were actually called Bananas, but they were some of the original plastic boots and came in a shocking yellow color.

Garmot Ultralights - Kind of like plastic slippers that you wore on the ski hill until your feet got frost bit and turned black (Actually, a much better boot than the easily explodable Scotts that all my friends had.)

Head Air boots - A classic, and I can't believe I threw them out! Super comfy with their inflatable liner that required you to carry a small pump in your jacket whenever you went skiing. Too bad they weighed a ton.

Most incredibly comfortable and high performance boots - That would be my snowboard boots...

Salomon 1080s - Probably the best ski boots I have ever owned, although I really am a cheap shit who could care less about boots and instead blows his money on skis.

Best: Lange AC7s with custom fit orthodocs(sp?) When i bought them they were "tight." The second season I used them they were approaching "race fit."

Worst: Those same Lance AC7s on my third year on them. By the end of my 2 first runs of the season, I had four blisters on my feet. Bought a new pair of Lange L8s that day- nice boots, but not quite the same as those AC7 bastards.

Best AND worst: Raichle Flexon Comps, of the honeybee variety.

Best: Scarpa TRaces after bootfitting

Worst: first year Garmont Squadra
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979