Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Went to the Bridgeport area on Wednesday. We found pretty much all snow conditions except the good ones. Still a good day for getting out.

Here's some pics from bcd and myself.

Sunrise.

The range.

The view from Upper Twin Lake.

ZClanton and bcd gettin' ready.

Hittin' the trail.

The objective.

Closer, we were aiming for the couloir on the right that wraps up and around the back of the peak.

bcr

At the base of the couloir the upper face was rinsing itself and things were just too warm, so we bailed. BCD.

Z making his first Cali turns.

bcr

Z

We headed for a different aspect, Z skinning a steep section.

bcd

Z

bcd

bcr

Z

Looking back.

Heading out.

Conditions weren't very good but it's always great to get out with bcd and it was cool to meet Z too!
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

BCR - well, the pics look good!

^nice stuff.

next in sequence, please.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Next in sequence, please

Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Another Sawtooth TR. Boring.

Sweet photos BCR. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

No grab cork 5?

Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

That is a sweet belly flop!

BCR - Have you been stealing my signature air-steeze moves? Very similar to my sort of technique, only with skis instead of a board. Yard-sale of gear upon impact is required, though, for a "true" UCL-style air.

Nice work, BCR.

Hit Dicks, Jacks, and Tallac today with madturtle. So very tired.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Nice work, BCR.

Nice AKB! That's a classic Deso Trifecta.
    so many mountains...so little time

www.splitboard.com

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Next in sequence, please

Bwa! still love the Kid.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

with this storm coming sunday... snowing down to 3000' there might be some low elevation bc mashin!
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

this photo needs to make an appointement with the doc, cuz it is oozing teh sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    with this storm coming sunday... snowing down to 3000' there might be some low elevation bc mashin!
    Doubt it. Not a big storm, and much of the lower stuff has been melting in the last couple weeks since those storms.
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUTSKI View Post
    Doubt it. Not a big storm, and much of the lower stuff has been melting in the last couple weeks since those storms.
    Alpine reported 38 inches today and it was basically spot on. Very, very deep and snowing hard the entire Saturday night and Sunday day until around 4 (forecast was for snow to stop around 10 AM).

Provided some much needed love for the BC. Hopefully, the eastside got a good brunt of this storm, but I haven't checked the radar.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Wow - that is a huge day AK. Nice work. Wish I could have joined on Friday.

Maybe next weekend (if only I can get Marmot to fix the mount job on my dynafits which was done wrong, now leading to an unnecessary redrill on brand new skis). Was not pleased on the first run this weekend when I pulled out on the first turn, only to notice the toe was askew leading to one of the toe screws never being able to engage.

Sleeper storm. I'm jealous of y'all that got some. I hate being gimped like this.

Sucks about the mount UCL. Pretty serious fuckup. On the bright side, I'm sure you wanted to be on the MWs yesterday anyway.

Does anyone know why the eastern sierra avi center report has been down for a week? The last posting (from the 15th) indicated they were having web issues, and there is nothing in the general discussion forum.

By living in the Bay Area, all I really have to *try* to maintain some rudimentary understanding of the snowpack in the eastside is by reading that report on a daily basis and checking a bunch of weather reports on a daily basis.

Hope they get it back up soon.

ESAC has today's advisory in their forum.

http://www.esavalanche.org/Forum/viewforum.php?f=21

Thanks DD. From the post times, it appears those only went up at around 6 this evening (and had otherwise been on the Mammoth Mountaineering website). They weren't in there the other days. Good to know going forward.

Took the new splitboard out for a quick spin around powderhouse saturday afternoon. Snow was surprising soft, albeit wet (much more fun than the icy hardpack at Kirkwood). May be the novelty factor, but skinning is fun! Can't wait to take it back out!

Prior Khyber

Pretty nice for snow to be falling during my first outing on the split

Any Bay area/Tahoe/whatever peeps willing to bring a JONG out with them? Took my avy 1, got the gear, just need a few people who are willing to show the ropes.
    Be careful about buying snowboard goggles for skiing. Snowboard goggles come in right eye and left eye (for goofy-footers) dominant models. This can make it hard to see correctly when skiing because you are facing straight down the hill, not sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Mt_Dreamin View Post
    Any Bay area/Tahoe/whatever peeps willing to bring a JONG out with them? Took my avy 1, got the gear, just need a few people who are willing to show the ropes.
    Next season...

You still on the drugs or you ready for some boozing? The wimmenz love a guy on crutches.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Mt_Dreamin View Post
    You still on the drugs or you ready for some boozing? The wimmenz love a guy on crutches.
    Getting ready. Had a beer last night and I have a Guinness right now while doing my taxes. (they're pretty simple, being that I'm still a student)

Maybe sometime next week or the week after. Still need to find that Whippet pick for you.