Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    what do you mean? just click on the thumbnails.
    Sorry didn't see that haha

How much do you think they will cost

Nice review. With EHP 186's my quiver is pretty set, but it's not surprising to see another good ski from 4frnt.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

not sure how much these have changed through the prototype phase, but I spent a day on a pair of the prototypes last winter and had a few "what the hell am i doing here on this ski" moments on some steep terrain.

construction is way different. much more torsionally rigid - they have gone through literally a year of prototyping constantly to get it right.

lots of tweeks in f/g layering, as well as several different core layups. gotta say, pretty dialed in now.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by KskiK View Post
    Sorry didn't see that haha

How much do you think they will cost
    i'll tell you when i get back from SIA... won't have a price sheet till then.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

finally, kudos to 4frnt for offering a full size run (188, 180, 172, 164) so my wife can end get a pair in the fall too!
    This is huge. I've been watching and waiting for the new shapes to get shorter for our petite womenfolk. Thank you 4FRNT.

WANT!

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Just goofing around the 4frnt-website, I came over this. Apart from the graphics, IMHO the shape looks a lot like the S7.

http://www.4frnt.com/index.php/lang-...New-skis-.html

^^^I'd say more like jj's because they are more symmetrical than s7's. Just less sidecut than the jj's. Sounds like a ski I will seriously consider next season.

Do you think the 164's would be too much for my brother to handle?
    he's 12
    90 pounds.
    5'00
    and does about 70%all/big mountain
    30%park
    he as 161 anthems
    Thanks

i don't think so man. my wife is 5' and 105lbs and will be shredding them. she is a strong intermediate. i bet your brother will KILL IT on them.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

i don't think so man. my wife is 5' and 105lbs and will be shredding them. she is a strong intermediate. i bet your brother will KILL IT on them.
    Thanks Man,

i hope there not to expensive

they are basically the same price as a VCT or EHP.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by huge-go View Post
    ^^^I'd say more like jj's because they are more symmetrical than s7's. Just less sidecut than the jj's. Sounds like a ski I will seriously consider next season.
    More like the JJ than the S7 but still pretty unique. From a side view the rocker tip and tail has a very unique elliptical shape - starts very gradual then ramps up at the end.

they definately pivot as well or better than the EHP, but are a little softer in the shovel. they tip is much lower than the s7, rise similar to the EHP, so that helps limit deflection... you are basically skiing on the whole ski, where on the s7 due to the high rise of the shovel/tail you are skiing on a much shorter length.
    How does the length feel compared too the Lhasa?

well, i have 196 lhasas, so.... a little shorter, but not a ton. at least on my pair of lhasas, there is a ton of shovel rocker, which has been toned down for production runs. i guess i cannot compare more directly.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

I skied these today. It was the longer ones. 186 or 188? I'm not a big ski review guy. I REALLY LIKED THE SKIS. That says it all. I could use them everyday. I will ski the 09/10 ehp 193 tomorrow. I'll know more then. The only thing I think is another 5 - 10 cm of length would be good.

I'm 5'1" and 468 lbs and a type 6+ skier. What should I set my din at? If my second cousin's baby's mama is 4'4" and 679 lbs, what length should she get? Are the 125cm K2 China pro models too long? Maybe she should get the Volkl 110cm Sellouts.

Quote Originally Posted by voiron View Post
    I'm 5'1" and 468 lbs and a type 6+ skier. What should I set my din at? If my second cousin's baby's mama is 4'4" and 679 lbs, what length should she get? Are the 125cm K2 China pro models too long? Maybe she should get the Volkl 110cm Sellouts.

Yes.

Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Lately I have been skiing the S7, JJ, ARG, Donner party, Bibby Pro, and Hellbent. The JJ, Bibbys and S7 are my favorite so far. Donner Parties are hands down my favorite in deep snow, but I can't afford to have 2 pairs of rockered skis at this point in my life so I want something a bit more versatile.

Have you skied the JJ, Bibbys or S7? Does the CRJ have less rocker than all of those?

Have you skied the EP Pros? How do the CRJs compare?

5-10, 175lbs. Out of bounds, steeps, cliffs, bumps, trees, and natural jibs. I'm in dire need of new skis for next season and want to go rockered.

Wow, it's pretty crazy right now trying to narrow down a 18X length ski -- EHPs, Lhasas, S7s, Bibbys, CRJs, JJs. All seem to have hit it on the money, with variations running from more jib style to big mtn straightlining.

Marshal, how do these compare to Bibby/s and Lotus 120s?
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

120 = the best true backcountry pow ski ever. they make the most varied turn shape, have the most life, the best pop, they most awesomest everything. they are what they are. the best.

190 bibby is more similar to the lhasa, where the 186 is more like the crj... i don;t have much time on either though, so i cannot comment a ton here.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

REVIEW: 2009/10 4FRNT CRJ 188

True. Marshall, you got an actual weight on those? kidwoo, any idea on the weight of the 189 rx?

I haven't weighed a pair but my 188 mountain jibs which are a similar shape but just a tad narrower came out to just over 9lbs. I'd imagine these would be squarely in the 9.5 range. Just a guess.

FWIW, I'm planning on using a pair of 183 mtn jibs for hiking. They're about the same weight as the gotamas I'm using now and lighter than the made'n AKs in a 179 I used to ski BC.