TR: ColoRADo 1/5-1/11

Well, finally got home from CO, and figured I'd put up my first crappily shot TR. Not enough skiing pics but I had a hard time justifying pulling the camera out when there was this much rad to gnar...

This post brought to you by this guy

Why would anyone want to deal with this shitshow? I should probably just give up skiing now since I'm not core enough for a singlewide in Idaho Springs.

1/5- A Basin
    no skiing pics, but it was a pretty cold clear day. After many 38 degree and raining Meadblows sessions, my poor PNW ass was too cold to take any pics

1/6- Vail
    Nice 6" of fluff on top of a crust made for some sweet ripping tree skiing. My cousin Nate frees his heel AND his mind

My little bro Pete gapes out on some double black Palma action

1/7- VAILHALLA
    Don't have to tell anyone about this day. My core ass was able to roll out of my luxurious california king sized sofa in my ostentatious Avon condo and enjoy the sweet sweet white dust while reaping the rewards of a life lived with less I-70...I wonder what all the poor people are doing?

Dad and Pete shred the back bowls

Oooh yeah...that's the spot

Somewhere in Blue Sky Basin (not super up on the names of runs)

Backseating it like a pro...

Brodogging off this extremely extreme 2' cliff huck...

Ice beard approved...

After an epic day skiing, it was time to recharge and carb load for the coming day. A trip to the local malted beverage factory was clearly in order...

"Oh baby you..you got what I neeeeed!!!!"

1/8- The Creek of Beav
    After 3 epic days of skiing my old man's severely osteo-arthritic hips needed a day of bluebird groomer ripping. Not being one to argue with the offer of a free lift ticket, and the prospect of more Bogner fart suited camel toe than I'd ever hoped to see, I tuned my edges to a 1.8 bevel and proceeded to EPICSKI.

Pete

The old man...he should probably just give up now and get a wheelchair sitski

Claiming It

Obligitory contemplative Aspen grove shot

The best world cup downhill prejump I could muster

Nothing more core than EXTREME CATRACK AIR!!!11!!1!

All in all a good day...

...especially when you get to stare at this fine ass

1/9-1/11
    Spent most of this in a drunken haze. I would like to thank Bottomless Tree Runs in Vail, the 60mph winds and ice of Eldora Ski Resort, Mountain Sun Brewery, Bars of the Lodo District, Twisted Pine Brewery, The Sundowner Saloon, The Walrus, and most importantley the Low Moral Standards of CU Co-eds for making the last few days of my trip memorable to say the least. I'll leave you with this gem...
    Last edited by Sinfield; 01-13-2009 at 02:39 PM.

Here I thought you were carrying some redonculously long skis.....

Nice stoke.

The Scumdowner? Love that place.

Was the first picture taken at the Mountain Sun (or, I'd guess the Southern Sun by Neptune Profiteering). Looks like Kind ale.

Edit - actually read the words. I think I've spent too much time there.

Iain
    Last edited by Mannix; 01-13-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Yeah, I just found a bunch of pics from our disjointed weekend of substance abuse. I was debating posting them up, but fuck it. Stoke comes in many forms right?

Creepy Hobo Gloves starts his night in Denver

Shortly before getting thrown out of this bar for having a dart game that degenerated into steak knife throwing...

Some dumb skank...I asked the guido dude she was with if he would give me a hand job. That makes him gay btw

Pat and I somehow got entered into a contest at some brewery in boulder to see who could get a frozen tshirt out of a cup and put it on the fastest. 45 min and 3 beers later I emerge the triumphant victor. DAY DRUNK!!!

Watch out for the pouring knife...

I figured when in rome...gotta bro it out right?

Flatbillin' It

Bro Brah

The boys meet Snuffalufagus Rex in a back alley (no it wasn't snowing...it was Snuffing)

Fueled by rage and nostrils packed full of snuff, the boys head to The Walrus...boulder's finest undergraduate watering hole

Pat's buddy Christian, who I would soon get everyone to start calling Mike Bolton due to his uncanny resemblance to the character from Office Space, and the fact that I'm an asshole

"Listen bro, I didn't watch my friends bleed out in the muck of Faluja so that I could waste my time talking to you skanks"- Actual Pat quote

Amuuurica!!!! Fuck Yeah!!!!

All in all a fucking epic trip. I love colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfield View Post
    There are days when I thank my lucky stars that I work at Alta....
    This is the worst pain EVER!

This is the sweetest pizza steeze that I've seen documented in quite some time.

Nice TR, fine entertainment.
    The police never find it as funny as you do.

Sweet tiger shirts and the TR ain't bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by hartzejr View Post
    Sweet tiger shirts and the TR ain't bad either.
    They're from my big cats collection. I've got one with three sweet snow leopards too

funny stuff.

nice TR dooders hahah