'09 Mavericks thread

Waiting period has begun and heats are set.

Heat One: Peter Mel, Brock Little, Tyler Smith, Darryl Virostko, Jamie Sterling, Matt Ambrose
    Heat Two: Greg Long, Nathan Fletcher, Kenny Collins, Josh Loya, Dave Wassel, Tim West
    Heat Three: Anthony Tashnick, Shawn Rhodes, Ion Banner, Ryan Seelbach, Shane Desmond, Evan Slater
    Heat Four: Alex Martins, Chris Bertish, Grant Baker, Zach Wormhoudt, Carlos Burle, Grant Washburn

http://www.maverickssurf.com/Common/...e.aspx?id=3796
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Pretty decent swell coming in this weekend. What angle/period hits Mavs the best?

I heard it might go

gl Santa Crews
    Hello darkness my old friend

It is looking like a 8-9' @ 20-21 sec swell arriving mid morning on Friday. That is good for small Mavs at 15 to 18 foot faces. That should be good to get them going, but it does not look like it will last long. Wonder if they will run Round One or more and wait again for the finals. There looks like there should be another storm forming behind this one. By Sunday it should drop well down to 10 foot faces (way too small), but another punch of 6@17 should keep it fun for us mortals.

OTOH, who wants to get in the water Friday? Scotts should be running around 15 feet. Although I am thinking of hitting a lesser known spot. Tides I beleive are to be low low mid morning, and there is a certain reef that should be about 8 foot faces and super hollow lefts. Just plain old good times. And of course there is aways the option of 12 foot Swift Street. Mmmmm.

Then Saturday I am off to carve up some ice.

Here we go. Tuesday/Wednesday. Meeting on Monday. May not go, but they're talking the talk.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Unreal...I say it will not go, and if it does, they are only running it for media $$$$.

Anyone get on that S Swell this weekend? Looks like Summer is finally here.

What would they plan to run it on? A medium 13 second swell does not even really break at Mav's. It barely shows. With this swell charted to come it I would be planning on surfing a different exposed break that in comparison to Mav's is a small wave break. This just seems silly.

^^^Thank you! I was shaking my head, looking at the weakness, contemplating a joke about the first ever Maverick's Winch Contest. I think it's so sad that they get that kind of sponsorship, then blow it on 12' waves.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"