View Poll Results: Where do you want to the summit to be?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stowe

8 9.30%
  • Jay

18 20.93%
  • Magic

47 54.65%
  • Sugarbush

6 6.98%
  • Smuggs

1 1.16%
  • Cannon/other in NH

5 5.81%
  • Stratton

1 1.16%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I'm in for at least the 7th of March, and will likely be bringing my kid. And I'll be bringing my Frannie too as long as he's game!

I haven't skiied at Magic yet this year and definitely looking forward to it. My son is anxious to try some new ski areas and I know he will really love this mtn.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

I love that post.
    I'm gamey.

Quote Originally Posted by uppernotmaster View Post
    For those of you looking for a cheap place to stay, try the Magic view motel.

Maybe a mile from the base, $60/night i'm told, free breakfast, pretty clean.

Blue Gentian is another option within walking distance to the lift, don't know the rates there but probably a bit more $$$$.

The Inn @ Magic is real nice & right on the hill as well.

I would love to offer up some space but really can't this far out, i have a feeling our place will be packed that weekend.

The comp is typically down Redline, one run. Style, air, speed, etc. 1st prize more than likely a season pass.
    Don't forget that Inn at Magic sleeps four pretty easily, in every room I think. On the travel websites you can get two nights for a little over $200, last time I checked. Nice place, good deal, and you can't really stay closer to the hill (except maybe in a condo).

Think I'll be at Jay for the DH on Saturday, but hopefully Magic on Sunday.
    [quote][//quote]

Yeah, it looks like at least one family suite is still available for $179 a night.
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

Just checked Expedia just for the hell of it, and looks like you can get some of the suites for $119 a night. Might be worth calling the Inn and asking to book directly--maybe for a little discount. It's a good place to stay (we've stayed there twice).
    [quote][//quote]

Yeah, I saw that through Amex travel as well.
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

I might be out, due to injury, and work sunday, but i may still be in if i can ski then, or if i just want to come down and be drunk.
    anyone got floor space?
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Car camping allowed or do they throw you off?

Back lot car camping totally cool. Just have someone point out where to go.

Thanks, mang.

Should we put up a EC Mini Roll Call Thread in the main forum to get a head count?
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

Snowmonster, if you plan on camping Friday night as well, head out to the back lot (to the right when driving toward the mountain) & look for this. camp out near there & nobody should bother you.

It may have been dragged into the woods a bit, but should still be visable.

RustyGroomer

I will most likely be there with my ten yo daughter Sunday. Looking forward to a Magical experience...

PS- Is there a pig roasting, too?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    Any mags driving up through/near the nyc area and got space for one? I'd be willing to throw down for gas as well as split/share a hotel room with any mags that need a space.

Thanks for the info, uppernotmaster. The backlot it is.

Should be down late friday night if i make it. drinking all day saturday.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

What is the lift ticket price again? I know I saw it in here somewhere.

See y'all on Sunday.

I haven't actually come up with one yet. Give me to the end of the day.

perry: talk to me about this
    i want to ski sat, but dont know if im leaving btown fri night or sat morning
    are you car camping?
    Live

I'll be there saturday for a day tripper. Also will have POV ready to go. Maybe we could get an entire Maggot assualt run swarming down Redline or something. Thoughts?
    Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    "Great moments are born from great opportunity."

Quote Originally Posted by BestofShow View Post
    I'll be there saturday for a day tripper. Also will have POV ready to go. Maybe we could get an entire Maggot assualt run swarming down Redline or something. Thoughts?
    sounds like a great idea...though as a courtesy, we shouldn't do something like that til after the comp (which starts at 1pm btw).
    Last edited by buckethead; 03-03-2009 at 10:35 AM.

Day trip on Saturday for me. I'll be the guy with the camera.

edit: someone should post a psa in the main forum, I almost missed this thread.
    Last edited by dipstik; 03-03-2009 at 10:37 AM.

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    just saw the results.... cmon guys i cant be the only one who voted for stratton!!!! i know what this is about... you guys are scared of fast lifts!! and having more than one option of lift!! and... and you guys cant keep track of how one top to bottom route can have 5 trail names! and MAPS!!!! omg youre gonna need map reading skills!!! and a compass! theres multiple peaks for christ sakes!! then theres all those people on the trails that youll have to ski around!! theyre just moving trees guys its really not all that scary. itll be ok.... honest.
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

Quote Originally Posted by nihiles View Post
    just saw the results.... cmon guys i cant be the only one who voted for stratton!!!! i know what this is about... you guys are scared of fast lifts!! and having more than one option of lift!! and... and you guys cant keep track of how one top to bottom route can have 5 trail names! and MAPS!!!! omg youre gonna need map reading skills!!! and a compass! theres multiple peaks for christ sakes!! then theres all those people on the trails that youll have to ski around!! theyre just moving trees guys its really not all that scary. itll be ok.... honest.
    que the bumpskier rant I got last year

my ass is still bleeding from the reaming from defending magic
    Live

My daughter and I should be there saturday, Looks like some nice corn if the current forecast holds. Bestofshow, some more pov action!