View Poll Results: Where do you want to the summit to be?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stowe

8 9.30%
  • Jay

18 20.93%
  • Magic

47 54.65%
  • Sugarbush

6 6.98%
  • Smuggs

1 1.16%
  • Cannon/other in NH

5 5.81%
  • Stratton

1 1.16%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    It wasn't a complete miss, we got to meet each others SO and kidz.
    yes that was cool!

I like the Magic comp dates...If it would be possible for the awesomely awesome bluebird/bumpskier to see if anything could be done on entry fee discount for a group of mags wanting to tear it up. I know i will be in to beater my way down, i wonder if i can master my iggies by then.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeSomeRibs View Post
    If there's room for a noob jong, I'm in!

And kinda off-topic... I'm from NJ - looking for some maggots to split gas with me and head up to Jay for a couple days sometime in early Feb. I've got a bunch of buy-one-get-one-free vouchers for lift tix. Anyone interested?
    I'm not on your route but I plan on being at Jay Feb 3-5. If you end up going pm me and we can meet up for turns.

Magic it is, now let's choose dates.

March 7-8 seems popular. Any other nominations?

Magic is a great idea. I'd be in for the 7th-8th.
    Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    "Great moments are born from great opportunity."

That's my Spring Break, so sounds good to me.
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

Any more beta on the venue for the comp?

Quote Originally Posted by elevens View Post
    I did the Magic comp years ago (the 1st year they re-opened) when the mountain was run by it's prior management and it was one run down Ovation (black chair) and then a final run down Red line with the "judges" stationed along the trail.

It was a fun time but pretty much a bro/joke contest. The winner was good friends with the mountain and the guy who was hands down the best skier and should have won it came in second. I came in third & got a sweet Magic tee-shirt from the 80's.

I think it's better organized now and I sure Bluebird or Bumpskier might be able to provide some of the details.

elevens
    A buddy of mine was the guy who came in 2nd & was clearly the best skier on the hill that day. You're talking about the year the director of the ski school won it?

He hung on the Black chair to start his run in perhaps the gayest start to a run ever. Basically they gave a guy who already skis for free a season pass. Total scam. Things are run much better now.

Not to nitpick Eleven's as it has been called alot of the things, but Ovation is not one of them.

I like the idea of having this event during the comp, but keep in mind there's quite a bit of standing around & waiting for your run. If everyone wants to just ski, another weekend might be better. Don't get me wrong, as i certainly encourage many mags to enter the comp, just throwing that out there.

I'm all for it anytime & will certainly be there whenever we decide.

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    If there is a MRG summit I'd be willing to poach it with any other EC snowboarder maggots either from Appalichian gap or Sugarbush/ mt Ellen.
    I am in for that...MMMMMMMMMMM the thought of trouble....yea i am in for a poach!!!!

that is the spirit! i'm sure we could get a few others up for the dawn mission.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    I am in for that...MMMMMMMMMMM the thought of trouble....yea i am in for a poach!!!!
    I'm not sure when I can do it but I can tell you it will have to be a weekend. Shoot me a PM and lets figure something out.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Does anyone have space for two more that weekend? I'm thinking I'd come up on the 6th at night.
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

What would be the chances that bluebird would let us camp in the side lots or off in the woods????? will be up on the 6th fri, if anyone needs a ride i will be comeing up from Pa...Aaron u in????

so when is this thing?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by jepilot View Post
    Does anyone have space for two more that weekend? I'm thinking I'd come up on the 6th at night.
    I'm more than happy to host a few Maggots at my place in Winhall, VT (about 10 mins away from Magic).

Are the dates solid yet?

Any interested Maggots can PM me.

elevens
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

Magic's comp is the same day as Sugarbush's.

Can anyone say "Poor Planning?"

As far as I know there are only 4 freeskiing comps on the East Coast, and two of them are the SAME FUCKIN' DAY?!?
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 02-01-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BestofShow View Post
    Magic is a great idea. I'd be in for the 7th-8th.
    Ditto. Black Magic weekend would

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    What would be the chances that bluebird would let us camp in the side lots or off in the woods????? will be up on the 6th fri, if anyone needs a ride i will be comeing up from Pa...Aaron u in????
    I'm coming up that Friday as well but after school. alos im heading back that night (7th) since I have my final patrol test for my senior. I'm thinking that im going to have a bunch of people but idk yet, but im definatly down for a car camp or something of the sort.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

so is March 7th and 8th confirmed?
    Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    "Great moments are born from great opportunity."

^^^^works for me....

^^^ likewise, looks like we may have company (wife's friend) so all the better excuse to get out of the house and watch spookman hit Red Line switch on teles :fm

Looks good for me for Sunday the 8th.

Anybody else gonna have their kids with them?
    Last edited by gravitylover; 02-03-2009 at 08:08 PM.

I might. (have my kid)

damn can't do 7th and 8th....my buddy's bachelor party is that weekend. doh!

magic sounds like a good time