Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by natty dread View Post
    I was a PSIA dork at Greek Peak in the early 90s, mostly to get a pass and to
    wear the amazing shiny purple and silver phenix uniforms.
    I was actually there for a few big pow days, not bad at all for the wasteland that is CNY.
    Believe it or not a friend of mine basically failed out of Cornell in large part because he spent so much time riding and instructing at Greek Peak one particularly snowy winter.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

Quote Originally Posted by YardDog313 View Post
    Next time you head up this way lemme know, I work in a restaurant in town and know most of the owners of them and places to stay around the town. As for when to go to the mountain, with the current economy, the crowd has been pretty weak, which makes it awesome for the locals. You can always find my crew, just look for the PBR pounding crew at midstation.

another lake placid person coming out of the woodwork. Do you work at Carribean Cowboy? Is that you in the picture?
    I could go on, and on, and on...but who cares

hell yeah, Caribbean Cowboy is a good place to hit, good food, awesome drinks, also a good place to talk about the Face seeing as most everyone there rides or skis. Cafe Rustica has some great food, lil pricey but worth it IMO. Steak and Seafood if you're looking for a steakhouse style. Can always stop by my place Mykonos if you are into Greek food. I'd stay away from most of the main st eateries seeing as they are all pretty much the same boringness that plagues most tourist spots. Some good places outside of town too. Well worth cruising out of the town limits even in whiteout conditions.
    hmmm-I bet i know you. Caribbean Cowboy is definitely the best. Cafe rustica is awesome and I would add Brown dog wine bar too--sit at the bar and chat with bill the owner too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaBC View Post
    Correct me if something has changed, but you can always go through the state park to the slides no ?
    yes - as long as you access them from the top and not by the lifts at Whiteface. People ski them all the time. Most dont want to hike though, they would rather bitch about them not being open.

Na I work at Mykonos Restaurant, and yeah thats me in the pic

pastabilities is the fucking JAM! that used to be my hot date place when i lived in the cuse. Always worked. Dino BBQ is awesome and if your friend lives in cuse and didn't suggest it you really need to have a talking to him. It would have been the absolute first place I would have gone.
    So anyone ever ski at Toggenburg and drink themselves retarded at the Foggy Goggle?

Na I work at Mykonos Restaurant, and yeah thats me in the pic
    you dont look familiar, but then i have never been to mykonos. If i see that finger in a lift line, i'll say hello.

Toggenburg was the only place they let us 'board back inna day. Many a day/night spent schralping the gnar on skiers right...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

toggenburg was 12 minutes down the road from where I grew up. I skied there for probably 13 years or so, needless to say I can still ski most of the trails blindfolded. I was one of the punk skiers who used to go in the half-pipe when it was supposed to be snowboarders only. Ah, memories
    "What's the point of wearing your favorite rocketship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?"

Next time you head up this way lemme know, I work in a restaurant in town and know most of the owners of them and places to stay around the town. As for when to go to the mountain, with the current economy, the crowd has been pretty weak, which makes it awesome for the locals. You can always find my crew, just look for the PBR pounding crew at midstation.
    PBR pounding crew??? Is the B for burgers??? Your pic looks like the guy who cooked my cheeseburger at Midstation on Friday. Do you work there, or does PBR crew mean something else? If it was you, props for a good cheeseburger.

I may be able to pull off a Skaneateles TR this weekend.

Fuck yeah, DOUG'S fish fry apre's. RIGHT?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by tief schnee View Post
    I may be able to pull off a Skaneateles TR this weekend.
    As in Skanateles Ski Club thats actually located in Marcellus or Amber? That would be schweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Quote Originally Posted by intheWRONGsummitcounty View Post
    PBR pounding crew??? Is the B for burgers??? Your pic looks like the guy who cooked my cheeseburger at Midstation on Friday. Do you work there, or does PBR crew mean something else? If it was you, props for a good cheeseburger.
    Is this guy for real???
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.