I love big dumps!

And it dumped last night... photo of my deck this am. I left the camera at home since most of the goods are still under avie lockdown and its pretty much only inbound groomers, but today was one of those deep days that won't be forgotten. Face shots for everyone

Glad to hear it's finally dumping and that even groomers provided the goods

Yeh it was pretty good, but there comes a point where the snow is too deep for blue runs. And although things are filling in on some of the steeper stuff, watching people ragdoll after hitting stumps and rocks under Garbonzo wasn't making me want to get in there and join em . Another metre and there may finally be some tree skiing that doesn't consist of log/rail rides. Or maybe the rain/heavy wet stuff on Wednesday will help fill stuff in, and slide other stuff off.

Mrs EE had her new camera and was trying it out

Last edited by eldereldo; 01-05-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Bummed to have missed the dump today but am happy that we're getting more on that base. Hope it keeps coming.

Sick day! Lots of freshies all day long, even got PNW-Skiers gf to do her first huck. This week should be good.

Id like to start using my pass when its over 2m of base and I don't mean the one sample plot off Pig Alley - perhaps we're getting there?.

jealous! i'm sure there were a few people that wrecked themselves on buried boulders today.

had a sketch drive to pemby last night, but then barely any fresh on the duffey... wtf ullr!

right at the lights, straight on till night
    ridiculous amount of wrecks today...pow fever sent a lot of locs to the clinic.. still so many sharks lurking.. was fun but we're definitely not quite there yet.. keep yer tips up
    when everything in the world is at its darkest, it takes a big man to kick back and party.

Lee, for me it has always been the 150 cm rule, and 180 before it starts getting good, but I have to say that today was pretty good. Had to keep the tips up in the trees, and uncovered the odd rock here and there but things were definitely looking a lot better on Whistler. Snow was a bit wind blown but definitely a good day. How about that 50 cms overnight at rossland though?

hm - it does sound a lot better. Perhaps this weekend if it keeps up

What do you know, was up there the past 4 days, and of course it starts puking on the drive back down... Ullr's been a bi-polar little bitch this season. I'm stoked to shred thursday, provided the forecast isn't a let down like it's been the past couple weeks (not blaming environment canada though).

and I like fatties.

good stuff Toby and about fucking time WB got a taste of normal winter dumpage. Still haven't bothered to go up yet myself. Maybe next weekend or the one after if the base somehow manages to build up and also stabilize at the same time.

Silver Star even got 50 cms last night and that don't happen very often. My bitch friend was dogging me at work with the text messages this morning as he made deep laps of Gem Lake at Big White too.
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

I was pretty much care free with the pillows on Big Timber today after being careful on two other occasions earlier this week.
    Was better after it was skied a little, there was almost too much snow to get any speed and the corresponding face shot first time down today. There's also no real base, as in, you step without a ski, you sink to your waist or more, if there are trees with air pockets, even deeper. I think it took about 10 minutes and monumental effort to swim back up 20 feet on moderate slope to retrieve a ski that released (note to self... have left binding checked, often releasing way to easily for DIN=10)

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Id like to start using my pass when its over 2m of base and I don't mean the one sample plot off Pig Alley - perhaps we're getting there?.
    Sorry to say, but not even close Lee. I bet you would sink up to your chest where they're collecting the data. The base is no where near consolidated enough to be touring around in the alpine. Knowing how much you like in bounds crowds, your efforts are better off driving somewhere this weekend.

Hey Toby we need to meet up, I still owe you a beer (or something) for checking that place out for me in the fall. Looks like Wednesday may have the goods again, at least up high?

Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    ridiculous amount of wrecks today...pow fever sent a lot of locs to the clinic.. still so many sharks lurking.. was fun but we're definitely not quite there yet.. keep yer tips up
    Yeh patrol was looking after someone with a broken arm on Seppo's, and I saw some snowboarder (being filmed by his buddies) under Gabonzo who thought it would be a good idea to do a hit off a very large bolder. Only problem was it was his head that did the hit. He looked like he was OK but what are people thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesestoff View Post
    had a sketch drive to pemby last night, but then barely any fresh on the duffey... wtf ullr!
    wtf ullr is right! Sunday we woke up in Revelstoke with 15 cm of blower pow in town and when we got to RMR there was none of the white stuff above 1500 m. It was all on the lower mountain where the base was poor. It was hard to believe ... luckily we made other plans.

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Hey Toby we need to meet up, I still owe you a beer (or something) for checking that place out for me in the fall. Looks like Wednesday may have the goods again, at least up high?
    I've been so busy trying to wrap up some work and have been MIA on the mtn. I will be up Blackcomb early tomorrow for sure. PM sent with my digits.

"I love big dumps!"

In the liftline?