Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

PPS Mfc, sorry about the grandfolks. Glad they escaped hitler. Too many did not.

Quit with the evasive condescension you dumbfuck.

Try some accountability, like "It was dumb as fuck for me to equate a publisher's decision with a genocide. I won't say stupid shit like that again."

Here is an unpublished Dr. Suess about you:

"Snowflake time in Snowflake land"

"On a cold winter year, on a very cold night/
    MTT and me clung to our privilege so white/
    A publisher didn't want to print some crap/
    Our supremacy challenged, it felt like slap/
    Uncle Ben had always made me feel so safe/
    Sorta like all the times Don Jr has jizzed on my face"

Wow. You really have a don jr jizz obsession.

Enjoy the bukkakke motherfucker
    . . .

Wow. You really have a don jr jizz obsession.

Enjoy the bukkakke motherfucker
    Is this the part where you get all snowflakey?

Listen turd, you worked "sucking politically correct dick" into Martin Niemoller's solemn poem: "At first they came for the Jews".
    I'm just trying to use some references that might get through to you. You seem like a snowflake ass wipe.

Prove me wrong. Say something with accountability, along the lines of:
    "It was dumb as fuck for me to equate a publisher's decision with a genocide. I won't say stupid shit like that again."

Talk about pussy snowflake Karens getting sandy vag's over children books...radical right news has to keep their cult members pissed off, scared and paranoid, now that the orange one isn't spewing bile anymore

Now I hear some group held a book burning in San Diego today. Have not seen the video.

It happened
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    Talk about pussy snowflake Karens getting sandy vag's over children books...radical right news has to keep their cult members pissed off, scared and paranoid, now that the orange one isn't spewing bile anymore
    You seem to be missing the bigger picture.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    And you seem to continue to be a straight drunk cunt so......
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    And you seem to continue to be a straight drunk cunt so......
    This is why I post here. For the well though out inteligent replies.

At least your predicable. Winning hearts and minds
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Just to bring this back to Seuss... Found out tonight the book we have was my Mother-in-law’s book as a child. Her Aunt was a school teacher and was able to buy discounted special edition books. She received the book when she was five, which would put it within a few years of first publication. This was Geisel’s first book published after being rejected many times.

This has gotten me to look at my other books, didn’t realize I’ve got a fair amount of cash stockpiled in them. I’ve long been a voracious reader and have bought a lot of hardcovers throughout the years. First editions of certain authors bring a pretty good premium nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    The big picture is Republicans are the laughing stock of the US and the world for being intolerant

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Just noticed a little difference between the newer version and older version.

Attachment 366138

I’m thinking the old one may be worth some cash, could only find two of them on the internet, both sold through auction houses.
    https://youtu.be/OYOzUHnPJvU

Just to bring this back to Seuss... Found out tonight the book we have was my Mother-in-law’s book as a child. Her Aunt was a school teacher and was able to buy discounted special edition books. She received the book when she was five, which would put it within a few years of first publication. This was Geisel’s first book published after being rejected many times.

This has gotten me to look at my other books, didn’t realize I’ve got a fair amount of cash stockpiled in them. I’ve long been a voracious reader and have bought a lot of hardcovers throughout the years. First editions of certain authors bring a pretty good premium nowadays.
    I am sad to say that I can remember when moving watching boxes full of books going in the trash. I remember one time during a quick move seeing the kids books being thrown out. There was just no room. All the kids books my mother had read to us. Dr. Seuss, Charlettes Web. Other side of the Mountain. And many more. Do you remember when the encyclopedia set went out the door?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I smell money.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Jump on selling them now and further build your stock market empire!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Jump on selling them now and further build your stock market empire!
    Heh, my wife is about this position. I’m about my kids having them. It’s already been decided when I die my daughter gets the books and the guns are equally distributed. When you’re poor this is what we call wealth building.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Byrne used to spend some time at CBGBs in the early 90s. Saw hike there a lot.
    yea this was march 91. anne manguson worked byrne into one of her spoken bits. CB's had great shows but had the worst bathroom in nyc. played gigs there a bunch of times. the first time was summer and i wore flip flops for the ride down. then waded through the inches-deep pee-pond that surrounded the urinal. glad i'd gotten my shots
    Last edited by buckethead; 03-07-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Pepe Le Pew is next?
    Aww snap
    Speedy Gonzalez? Shit, that seemed racist 40 years ago.

PS. I’m not such a dick irl.

PPS Mfc, sorry about the grandfolks. Glad they escaped hitler. Too many did not.
    I’d ride a lift with you. But I’m keeping my pants on.

And yeah Le Pew was creepy to me even as a kid. Gonzalez I loved and later learned what stereotypes were.

LePew was funny because he’s a skunk. And the poor female was a cat. He smells. She’s trying to escape.

In hindsight he’s too aggressive. But anyone that gets dating tips from a cartoon has issues.

I’ll ride a chair with ya. And yes, pants are mandatory. No skiing in jorts.
    . . .

Alain Ducasse, owner/chef of Aux Lyonnais, one of his many Michelin starred restaurants, lamenting the loss of social life, esp around restaurants of course:
    “When you get six people around a table in France for a good meal, the ritual starts,” said Mr. Ducasse. “You open a bottle of Champagne. Then you discuss what you are going to eat. Then you order, and when the food comes, you discuss what you are eating. Afterward, you discuss what you ate. And finally, you talk about what you will eat next week. People want to socialize over a bottle of good wine, to look at beautiful, well-dressed women, not to just sit at the kitchen table looking at their spouses.“Having a meal delivered to your kitchen is not life.”
    old French men still keep on keeping on

seen in the NYT this morning
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...e=articleShare

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Alain Ducasse, owner/chef of Aux Lyonnais, one of his many Michelin starred restaurants, lamenting the loss of social life, esp around restaurants of course:

The French really seem to be doubling down misogyny and cultural intolerance as a matter of national policy lately. At least they're being forthright about it?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    The French really seem to be doubling down misogyny and cultural intolerance as a matter of national policy lately. At least they're being forthright about it?
    When I was 19 I was on a ski trip to Val Thorens
    A nice French couple skied with me and invited me to dinner. I get there the table is 30 feet long with very good looking french people all around the table. All kinds of food is being set out on the table. They are all sipping wine laughing and talking loud.
    Then the guy at the head of the table throws some bread at someone. People start chucking food around the table. The really pretty french guy at the head of the table throws a nice round potato and it hits my shoulder. I picked it up and tossed it back at him. It line drives right into his forehead like right between the eyes. He stops laughing, turns red. He gets up from his chair and walks around the table stands behind me. At this point it really quiet. No one is laughing. I said to the lady next to me "It was a lucky shot I'm embarrassed". They start talking to each other in French. Then the dude puts his hands on my shoulders and squeezes a little bit. Says something nice and goes back to his seat at the head of the table.
    Lady whispers to me in english he the one paying for all this.
    Take away. Rich french people throw a hell of a dinner party.
    They throw food I could never afford.
    The food was very good.
    They were talking about me. I think how I skied at the time and being from incline village got me a seat at the table.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Oh those French. A FB "Friend" who'd been the mayor of a small town in France posted a picture of a woman in a see-through Burka. Maurice, just be glad that you died when you did.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

NO such thing as bad publicity ? I was just reading an artical sayin all the good & bad that the left & the right have spewed forth on the suess books has boosted sales
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

Reminds me of a Russian movie called Window to Paris which takes place in Moscow just after the breakup of the Soviet Union, when people are still desperately poor and crammed into communal apartments. A guy finds a secret window that takes him directly to Paris, where he enjoys prosperous life in the West. In the end he comes back to Moscow for good and says (I paraphrase)--"Here we sit around the kitchen table and discuss art, poetry, philosophy, politics. All they want to do in Paris is talk about food."

I watched a knowledge network thing showing life on a Russian factory ship and the American catcher boats in the bering sea, this was awhile back so the wall might have still been up

Down time the Russian were sitting around talking/ smoking cigerettes dressed in old looking clothes and it was all pretty bleak compared to the 3 americans in each catcher boat they were either playing pacman or watching movies and eating shitty craft dinner/ hamburger helper out of cardboard boxes, they just dragged the nets & handed them off when full never touching a fish
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know