Page 304 of 325 FirstFirst ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 8104

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Nice! Big cats was about the only thing we didn't see much of when we were there, got a couple but they were few and far between. Any word on how the poaching situation is going there? When we were there a couple years ago we talked to some of the people working there and it sounded like it was pretty out of control. They were telling us stories about how poachers were crossing into the park from Mozambique at night and hunting rhinos.
    The rhinos have taken a huge hit, I only saw 2 in 18 days this trip. In the past I would average around 50 in a couple weeks. They have instituted a FLIR system along with tracking dogs which seems to have reduced the number of dead rhinos this year or maybe they are just getting harder to find. Another big change is many of the poachers are highly trained mercenaries and prove harder to catch. The Park now has a shoot on sight policy as the risk to the Rangers has increased significantly.
    Also the elephant poaching in the northern part of the Park is on the rise.

Such a bummer, I hope they can figure out a solution. China reversing their ban is probably not going to help at all.

On a lighter note, here's my dog playing in some recent snow. Winter is off to a strong start here in UT.

'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

BN your eagle shots are always so rad. Love the third one here.

^^ Second on those eagle shots. What lens?
    " have another hit of sweet california sunshine"

Thanks guys... I love shooting them.. Not as many as usual quite yet.. but then not as many people either..
    That pepper headed bird was pretty aggressive.. chased that mature off.. then made quick work of the immature... and there wasn't anything there.. no salmon carcass.. nothing.. just a message..
    I hope to get back up there a couple more times...

Edit: Almost forgot... mock1.. I shoot with an Olympus EM1ii.. m4/3 sys.. lens here is their 300/4.. Great IS both in body and lens.. Let's me shoot without a tripod... and get pretty decent results..
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

believe...

And here's a few in the crappy light of an old gym... This is where the m4/3 sys lags.. in lower light situs.. I have to crank the iso up to 4000.. and the quality does suffer a bit.. My kid..

'To quote my bro

believe...

Gotta keep those eyes up when you lead the break!

Quote Originally Posted by mtcham View Post
    so cool
    'To quote my bro

believe...

Kicking around the house...

Going back through my pictures from the Faroe Islands this past summer, and I came across this one that I re-edited:

cousins

prints

How do you mount that on the wood? Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    How do you mount that on the wood? Looks great!
    Thanks. It's pretty easy. I use reclaimed barnwood/fencewood that I harvested from an old collapsed barn and around my yard as I tear down horse stalls and fences.

I attach the wood together using metal brackets. Then I use some picture hanging d-rings and attach wire to those.
    The metal prints I use come with a mounting hangar that I attach to the wood and cut off the extra screw length using a Dremel.

I really like the industrial, high resolution metal prints mounted on the reclaimed wood. It's a nice dichotomy and adds some size to the final product. I use a matte finish on the metal to avoid glare, but I also think it gives it a more timeless look.

One from my house posted a few posts ago on a previous page:

This one is pretty big. It's secured to the wall using the wire but snugged up agains the wall for a clean, flush mount using screws and washers through the wood into drywall hangers (4).

Oh nice. Yeah, that’s a great non-traditional way to mount that stuff. Printing on metal makes sense. I was thinking maybe you mount them on foam core or something. Metal will probably hold up better over time.

Where do you get the metal prints made?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I use AdoramaPix. I've had good luck and so far the custie service has been solid. The Minarets photo I posted above originally arrived with the slightest bend where they attached the wall mount. But from the side, in the "gallery lights," it becomes noticeable. They sent me a return label and my new print arrived just after I sent the old one back.

I've had good luck with the paper prints as well. I've never used their canvas wraps. I know many people here like wraps; I've never been a fan.

I really like Miller's Professional Imaging but they can be a little cost prohibitive. But man, their stuff is good.

And just to keep the POTD thread true:

THe Faroe Islands pic is beautiful, but the cousins pic warms my heart. Precious cargoes

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    THe Faroe Islands pic is beautiful, but the cousins pic warms my heart. Precious cargoes
    Thanks. Those two girls are 4 days apart.

I know I've posted this vantage a few times with different moods... Here's a late afternoon take. 3 frame vert-o-rama.

Happy New Year !

Good morning last day of 2018
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lastday2018.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	988.7 KB 
ID:	262222  
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

took the dog skiing today

and nearly froze my fingers off catching the last sunset of 2018

I see several shots in this thread that could be in the MPC....
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCH_0287.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	262741

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCH_0263.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	262742

Some crazy clouds, too!