Page 255 of 324 FirstFirst ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 8099
    Caught these cranes on the way to work this morning, they should be nesting soon.

Cranes-0457 by jrmorris-mt, on Flickr

boo boo shoulder courtesy of the wrod.. on the second friggin run.. and we had a cat lined up that afternoon..

'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

ouch!^

Pow Wow at MSU. One of Bozeman's great events.

Pow Wow1-2116 by jrmorris-mt, on Flickr

Pow Wow-2242 by jrmorris-mt, on Flickr

Car window shot from this morning. Carabiner Coffee Co. VW Microbus parked in Ballard. When the door is closed the side says "Find Your Line."

Ballard Coffee Bus
    by kirknelson, on Flickr

moved into a new house… these are a couple of iPhone snaps on the trail that leaves from the gate in the backyard

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    A couple shots from a climbing trip to Indian Creek:

I really like this shot!

spring day at 8,500' in Great Basin Nat'l Park

Whoah Phildo-Great find! Looks they the have every square inch of docks covered.

The pooches this weekend.

Weekend Fun1-2371 by jrmorris-mt, on Flickr

Weekend Fun1-2262 by jrmorris-mt, on Flickr

Weekend Fun1-2301 by jrmorris-mt, on Flickr

FIS Spring Series at Sun Valley this weekend

I woke up at 2:50 AM to catch Saturday's Lunar Eclipse. Here are the results...

This is the worst pain EVER!

Nice work, Lonnie!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1428374236.727000.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	279.9 KB 
ID:	165982
    After seeing the other collarbone pic...thought is share my favorite...met my wife bc of it!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Nice work, Lonnie!
    Thanks man. Truth be told, the first shot is a composite, and the most difficult/involved photoshop project I've ever undertaken. Basically, what I did was set up two my two cameras to shoot at 10 min intervals. I had 1 with a wide lens (17 mm @ 35mm equivalent) set up to track the position of the moon, and a second with a 70-200mm @ 200mm to capture a detailed image of the moon. I decided to do it that way to get the maximum detail out of the moon shot and to get the best exposure of the moon and the foreground possible (given the change in luminance of the moon during the eclipse, and the significant difference between the luminance moon and the rest of the scene, I felt the two camera solution was the best solution. I could keep my base layer exposure relatively constant, while adjusting the exposure for the moon as the luminance of the moon changed.)

So, my base layer was the wide shot. I then imported the next time sequence wide shot, aligned the layers, and reduced the opacity to where I could see the position of the moon. I then opened the corresponding detailed moon pic, selected the moon. pasted it to the base image as a new layer, reduced the scale to match the base image and (manually) aligned it with the correct time sequence moon on the base image. Lather, rinse and repeat.

If I had to do it over, I might have gone with a focal length on the "wide" lens with somewhere between 35mm and 50mm. Being the first time I'd shot one of these, I really didn't know how far across the sky the moon would travel so I erred on the side of having room to crop. I cropped the 2x3 ration aspect base file to 4x5 to eliminate a good portion of the sky and a significant portion of the foreground that seemed much more interesting in the field than on the computer screen. I'm guessing the final equivalent field of view is somewhere between 24mm and 35mm (but it's hard to say because I trimmed off so much and changed aspect ratios).
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Thanks man. Truth be told, the first shot is a composite, and the most difficult/involved photoshop project I've ever undertaken.
    Wow, I had no idea that much work goes into a night time composite shot like that. Nice work.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    moved into a new house… these are a couple of iPhone snaps on the trail that leaves from the gate in the backyard

You're stoked.

Skagit Valley tulips and Baker
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Thanks man. Truth be told, the first shot is a composite, and the most difficult/involved photoshop project I've ever undertaken.
    Looks great. Awesome shot!

I woke up at 2:50 AM to catch Saturday's Lunar Eclipse. Here are the results...

Rad stuff. Work well done

What do they do with all of those flowers?

From last night:

Sugar House At Night Selective by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

HOTSTuff by Tim_NEK, on Flickr

Sugar House on the Hill by Tim_NEK, on Flickr
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    What do they do with all of those flowers?
    Some are sold as cut flowers, but the vast majority are just topped after bloom time. They are grown primarily for the bulb market.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Some are sold as cut flowers, but the vast majority are just topped after bloom time. They are grown primarily for the bulb market.
    Thanks. I had no idea the bulb market was that large.

This was the second time in 30 years I have seen the Northern Lights here in Bozeman.

Northern Lights1-2451 by jrmorris-mt, on Flickr