Page 147 of 324 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 8097
    From the lift.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Any C&C appreciated. I decided to mess around a bit with image subtraction after accidentally creating the same effect doing some mapping work.

Original:

I wasn't gonna look at "the pic of the day" thread. Thanks Tuckerman, love it.

Awesome shot!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post

I haven't contributed in forever.
    Telluride

Moab, Arches NP, first week of January

nadia, nice light. ed, cool.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post

Quote Originally Posted by outabounds View Post
    That face is awesome:
    Really, with the camera again... seriously, put it down and just Effin feed me already
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

^Wow, what a cute kid!!! Beautiful shots.

Was playing around this afternoon with my first attempt at product photography.

The setup:

I originally wanted to see if I could get sharp images for this with my Rokinon 85 that's why the tripod is so far away. After the Movado shot I scrapped that idea and started shooting with a 35mm.

Definitely got a lot to learn but I was pretty happy with the results.
    Last edited by systemoverblow'd; 02-12-2012 at 04:11 PM.

System... HOT DAMN dude. Once my pentax starts to get more brassed and pretty, or just dropped in the mud, I am going to send it to you to document. Those are gorgeous. Just a piece of glass below?

Splitter, I echo the cute kid comments. Make sure you don't lose those pictures, they are great.

Thanks single! I definitely see room for improvement but was pretty happy overall. They are all sitting on a piece of black plexiglass. Plan to try a white background and white plexiglass next time. Maybe I'll do some more tonight or tomorrow after work.

OK, just tried the white and fuck I don't have enough skill to get that done right. That is going to need some serious lighting to get done correctly and frankly I don't have the skills yet. Here a couple more I shot after I decided to say "fuck the white".

I know, the reflection in the lens of the sunglasses sucks...

OMG, I took a landscape shot! This will be pretty amateur compared to most of what's in this thread. Sorry about the watermark, but with the way stuff goes on flickr, I'm paranoid.

Some friends were doing a late night landscape thing last night, and I needed an HDR for class, so I went out to it. This is San Francisco, shot from Treasure Island. 5-shot HDR, combined in CS5 and then filtered with Color Efex Pro. 50mm f/1.4G at f/11 on a D3s. This was the first use of my new tripod setup, and it did quite well with these long exposures, although I need to bring a sandbag or something to weigh it down a bit when I'm shooting with lighter glass.

SF Bay HDR 2/11/12 by MaxArcher, on Flickr

The vertical lines on both sides are rough. Other than that I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    The vertical lines on both sides are rough. Other than that I like it!
    Rough in what way? I'm not trying to argue, I must just be missing where you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Archer View Post
    Rough in what way? I'm not trying to argue, I must just be missing where you mean.
    Not sure if you can't see it due to your monitor calibration. But there are very distinct vertical lines going down both side of your image.

Not trying to be a dick. I have done some processing on my laptop and once viewed on a good monitor released how badly I did on post processing. I had to reupload that Brownie shot above 3 times because I realized I screwed it up on my laptop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6866517365_0e5b7924fc_o.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	110061   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-02-12 at 10.01.01 PM.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	481.5 KB 
ID:	110062  

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Not sure if you can't see it due to your monitor calibration. But there are very distinct vertical lines going down both side of your image.

Not trying to be a dick. I have done some processing on my laptop and once viewed on a good monitor released how badly I did on post processing. I had to reupload that Brownie shot above 3 times because I realized I screwed it up on my laptop.
    Oh weird, now that you point it out I can see it. It must be an artifact of Photoshop's HDR stitching. I'm on a decent monitor (Apple LED Cinema) but my calibrator hates Lion, so maybe it would've been more obvious with better calibration.

I don't even know how I'd go about cleaning this up. My suspicion is that I'd just have to use a better RAW processor than the one in Photoshop.

Yeah, it's weird. It looks like those sides are like a 1/3 stop higher exposed than the rest. Not sure what went wrong and you can't notice it so much in the water or buildings but the sky color is definitely noticeable to me. Since I have done almost no HDR I can't offer any solutions. The little I have done was with photomatix but still I am in no position to tell you how to fix it. Maybe your professor will be able to explain the issue and solution better? I would like to hear their answer too if it isn't too much of a hassle.

Maybe our resident HDR master has some incite...

I wonder if the filtering I did brought it out. I'll ask when I'm in class tomorrow, maybe he will know something about it.

^Hate you

Can you ski and sled in utah yet without dying?

If so, you want some company?

Yes and yes. You're welcome anytime and our snowpack is much happier lately but still a little risky in spots.