Adoption opportunity

Okay, this is kind of a long explanation but we are trying to send a puppy to a good home. I don't want to go through the paper and know the person for all of 4 minutes before I give this guy up.

We purchased a puppy back in Feb. The poor girl had parvo and was put down 7 days after we got her. She also had a scratch on her ear that we had stiched when we first got her to the tune of $200. All told he had about $1,000 into this puppy. We called the breeder and asked for our measly $300 purchase price back. She didn't have the $$$ and wouldn't have it for a month or so. In talking to friends who were former breeders they suggested getting two puppies and selling one to make up some of the difference. After many phone conversations w/ the bitchy breeder, she agreed. We asked for a golden and black female lab.

Ms. 1080 goes to pick up the puppies. There was a golden and a black puppy sepperated from the litter. The black puppy had an infected eye so we asked that the breeder tend to it before we took that pup. Its agreed so Ms. 1080 leaves w/ the golden female. She gets half way home and learns that this puppy has a little too much "junk" to be a female... its a male. We decide to keep him instead of dealing w/ this lady any more than we have to. Ms. 1080 goes back a week later to get the black female... "Sorry, I sold her." She gives us a golden female that's actually white, so we don't have a total cow.

Okay, so there's the story. Ranger (the male) is a great dog. He is loving and a good listener, but only when he's not w/ Roxy (the female). We need to find a good home for him. I'd rather its someone I know (or kind of know). If anyone is interested let me know. He's a 7 month old golden lab. VERY good looking. He's trim in the waist and has plenty of energy. If anyone hunts, this is your dog. Thanks for helping.

post pics pleez
    if its got tits or wheels...it will give you trouble..

Sorry for the thread drift, but I can't let this slide. The experience you describe sounds like a puppy mill/animal cruelty and this breeder needs to be turned into the local SPCA. Seriously.

As a dog owner/animal lover I'd like to thank you for giving the dogs a good home.
    Who, me?

Originally posted by Potsy
    Sorry for the thread drift, but I can't let this slide. The experience you describe sounds like a puppy mill/animal cruelty and this breeder needs to be turned into the local SPCA. Seriously.

As a dog owner/animal lover I'd like to thank you for giving the dogs a good home.
    Second that. Makes me sick everytime I read an article about a puppy mill and the cruelty/neglect that goes on within their confines.

Hopefully this one goes to a good home.

The first thing I thought while reading that was the breeder sounds very irreputable. Call the SPCA.
    I'm in a band. It's called "Just the Tip."

How do we know that Ranger isn't two puppies welded together?

Originally posted by bad_roo
    How do we know that Ranger isn't two puppies welded together?
    He only has one head... duh!

I'll try to post pics later tonight. I'm a fackin' photo jong so it should prove to be interesting.

Thanks guys. I was a little put off by this breeder when we showed up there but the kids fell in love w/ the first puppy so we weren't leaving w/out a dog. She has a bunch of dogs. She has a bunch of different breeds. That just kind of struck me as odd. We bought a chocolate lab about 4 years ago from a guy who only bread labs. He hunted half of his dogs and bread some of those as well. We really wanted another of his dogs but when we were in the market he only had male puppies, I didn't want a male, go figure, that's what we ended up w/. Okay, stupid question, what's SCPA???

Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. There's a national one (ASPCA) and regional/local affiliates as well. Spokane is large enough that you most likely have a regional group there.

Thanks man. I'll check them out. I'll also have to look up her name. Should be on the puppies records.