Telemark mounting on Rossi Ravyn\Steeze

Just recieved my new Ravyns today, and I'm gonna mount them with NTNs.

As a quick search here, and a look at my buddys Steezes revealed; the mounting line on the Ravyns is the same as the standard line on the Steeze. However, I couldn't see any posts saying anything about mounting with tele bindings.

Rottefella says; mount NTNs midsole as you would an alpine binding. I tried that one with a pair of Ants last year, and it failed misserably.

So, does anyone here have any experience with mounting telemark bindings on either one of these skis? Or the S6?

And yes, I'm primarily going to use them on open areas on the good days. I've got alpine skis for all those normal, not so good days, when teleing is hell anyhow:-)

Personally, I've given up on tele-voodoo. I use the manufacturer's recommendations and learn to ski the ski that way. After going through 800 equations & algorithms, I usually end up within about a cm or two from that point anyway.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Starting about 8 years ago, I started mounting all tele bindings ball of foot on center of running surface (BF on CRS), which usually corresponds very closely to boot center on alpine boot center mark. See http://www.telemarktips.com/BindingMt2.html Your boots may or may not have a boot center mark. Pins on chord center mount makes no sense for modern boots and skis, and certainly not for NTN.

I mounted a pair for a friend last winter with a pair of HH's. It's a little fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure we did the following:

Measured tip to tail and deducted for the turned up tail and marked the "center". We then mounted pin-line 2cm forward of that "center" mark.

I've used this method on probably 8 or so pairs of skis for me, wife and friends and always seems to work well. He ended up stoked with the Ravens; I still haven't had the opportunity to ski them so I can't offer input there.

Whenever mounting bindings I always measure 6 times, mark lines, lay the binding on the ski with boot in and "eye" it to see how it "looks" before actually firing up the Makita. If you look ridiculously far forward or back then might want to rethink the method.
    "Wherever beer is brewed, all is well. Whenever Beer is drunk, life is good" -- Czech proverb.

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    I mounted a pair for a friend last winter with a pair of HH's. It's a little fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure we did the following:

Measured tip to tail and deducted for the turned up tail and marked the "center". We then mounted pin-line 2cm forward of that "center" mark.

I've used this method on probably 8 or so pairs of skis for me, wife and friends and always seems to work well. He ended up stoked with the Ravens; I still haven't had the opportunity to ski them so I can't offer input there.

Whenever mounting bindings I always measure 6 times, mark lines, lay the binding on the ski with boot in and "eye" it to see how it "looks" before actually firing up the Makita. If you look ridiculously far forward or back then might want to rethink the method.
    I have been skiing those skis with NTN for 18months now and love them. People spend too much time debating where to put bindings with out ever looking at what the ski testers and engineers at the companies came up with... Read THIS post at the other site for an explanation of the skis in question. mounting is the same this year as last year... Not much talk of NTN over here, but it gets a lot of posts over there. If you have the new Scarpas, keep an eye on them for cracks that seem to render the boot useless. LINKY

you find the boot center if it is not already marked by measueing from toe to heel and dividing in 2. it really helps to draw a line on the boots with a sharpie. My Crispi Evos did not have a midsole line, but the new Scarpas do...

Cheers,

Ira

Ok. Thanks Ira.
    And yes; I have the new Scarpa Pros. So far they seem great compared to last years Evo. Way better for touring IMO. I'm a bit worried about the quality of the boot though, as I've also heard a couple of stories already...We'll see