Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Originally posted by yogachik
    God I love that movie.
    "I'm just trying to be honest about being a misanthrope."

Man, after reading through this thread I've got to ask: why are you even bothering with this chick?

Is it just for the airfare? Sack up and buy your own ticket. Forget the chick for her sake and spare both of you the headache of missed cues, heartache and regret.

Originally posted by yogachik
    God I love that movie.
    Yogachick Just for you
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Originally posted by TheDingleberry
    Yogachick Just for you

This reminds me of my first trip to Squaw back in 4th grade. I'd never skied with my friend Jeff, but he had broken out the infamous "I ski Cornice (at Mammoth) all the time." So I figured, what the hell.

Taking him was the biggest mistake of my life. The guy barely knew snowplow. We both took a lesson the first day and I got tossed in one of the upper groups while he was in the beginners' classes. Later on, we even took a shot at the race course. He fell down and sat in the middle of the course crying. Needless to say he was blocking the whole course. My family was really pissed when we got home. He had whined the whole trip. Total nightmare.

That said, he was a snot nosed little shit. And getting called on claiming to be Mr. Ski God didn't do much for his ego. So you probably won't have the same problems. Just let her know that you may not ski with her the whole time, the group gets split up a lot, etc. In other words, don't let her be surprised and thus pissed off if you ski with others.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Originally posted by Max Gosey

P.S. I don't want her to put out. She's got a good body, but the face is lacking. SERIOUSLY lacking.
    Just have her read this thread, when she gets to this post of yours, her feelings will be hurt so badly she'll never want to talk to you again.

And if you guys start talking about date rape and shit, it's gonna make me pretty pissed off.
    if it wasn't for date rape I'd never get laid
    My Montana has an East Infection

btw, how do you know she'll get all bitchy if you leave her to ski with other people/ski other terrain?

Personally, I like skiing alone.

Just because she's a girl doesn't necessarily mean you have to hold her hand, even if she ends up sucking at skiing. Seeing as how she already enjoys other solo sports, she probably won't care if someone isn't with her all the time. Careful about assuming things... you may end up making an ass out of yourself.

oh yeah, have fun at Jackson! good job convincing your parents to let you go, or whatever you did.
    Last edited by snowfire; 08-02-2004 at 04:22 PM.
    Not on here much anymore. Drop me an email if you want to contact me. Have a wonderful winter!

Good point snowfire! I, too, like to ski alone a lot of times.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

My wife will probably be joining me in Jackson, she isnt too agressive and likes to take it easy. So she doesnt actually ski with me too often.

We take a run together in the morning and one at lunch then just see if we see each other.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Second star to the right and straight on till morning
    I hardly ever skied with anyone until this year. I was always alone before that. I can understand that whole premise, but I'll definitely have to have a discussion with this girl.

Sprite: if I could bring more chicks, I would. Skiing is not very popular around here, especially when you have to pay for it (who'da figured that? . ) Otherwise you'd probably see more morons like me around here or P-mag or otherwheres.

And Dingleberry: "Home is whe' you maig' it."
    "He likes to see guys naked... ??? "

Just as a side note: thinking about the summit forced me to put on all the gear I had and subsequently take a nap in my boots and shell pants. I felt both very gay and very cool at the same time...

P.S. I'm not lying to the girl by not revealing my distaste in her physical appearence. I'm more holding back the truth--prevaricating if you will. And that doesn't matter because friends don't have to be attracted to each other and flirt with each other all the time, unless of course you are in college and drunk. That's a different story...
    Days on snow 06-07: 3
    Days behind a boat summer 2006: 24

"Coming here and asking whether you need wider skis is like turning up at the Neverland Ranch and asking Michael if he'd like to come to Tampa with the kids" -bad roo.

I've got a feeling that this girl is going to show up in more than a few good threads after the summit.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

That's what I'm afraid of....

"Coming here and asking whether you need wider skis is like turning up at the Neverland Ranch and asking Michael if he'd like to come to Tampa with the kids" -bad roo.

Don't worry dude. Her self esteem will never be higher AND she'll be internet famous.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

This is what life is all about right? Making memories? Please someone help me justify bringing this girl with the knowledge that something "unnatural" quite possibly could happen to her...

Originally posted by Snow Dog
    Don't follow Alex "steep and icy is fun" P. Keaton on the "warmup" run.
    I resemble that remark!

Originally posted by FNG
    I've got a feeling that this girl is going to show up in more than a few good threads after the summit.
    She's gonna need a code name, err, handle
    More words?

I'll bet she'll kick your ass all over the mountain and then kick some other maggot's ass all over the bedroom.

And everybody pays for skiing some way or another.

Lets see some pics of this chick!

Originally posted by Snow Dog
    She wouldn't slow the pack down because nobody waits anyway.
    Um, what? Let's see...last summit at Squaw, I remember a particular chair when all it seemed we did was wait around. Yes, it was for people coming up the lift, but damn, we would sit around and discuss which way we'd go for 10 minutes!

Max, let's break it down.

A) She's a SHE, which means, you have to bring her, because it will reduce the sausage fest. Think about your fellow maggot, and your fellow maggette (who will be thankful that there are more females to talk to). You're not dating her, right? So let other maggots have 'er.

B) She's hooking you and your friends up. That other guy who won't get in on the deal? Shouldn't be part of this equation.

C) Ask her about her skiing ability. It's really that simple. Show her extremo pictures of skiers going big, and if she gets excited, you should have no worries. If she says she sucks, just tell her your goal is to ski as fast as you possibly can and you may ditch her more than not.

D) You're both from Louisiana, right? I doubt you'll be THAT much better than her

This is what life is all about right? Making memories? Please someone help me justify bringing this girl with the knowledge that something "unnatural" quite possibly could happen to her...
    i don't know where or how you were brought up, but everything i can imagine happening to her is in fact quite natural.

MG-

Bring her and kiss your chances of hookin up with her goodbye. The ratio is not in your favor, believe me bro if she's half way good looking you'd be better off bringing a jug of lotion.
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Originally posted by divegirl

Show her extremo pictures of skiers going big,

She says she skis "all the black-diamonds,"

I ski all the black diamonds...

My advice: Bring her but make it clear that you are going for skiing, and there will be some times that she'll have to just hang out if she can't keep up, honesty is key my friend, especially when its mutral
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Arrow

Originally posted by TheDingleberry
    MG-

Bring her and kiss your chances of hookin up with her goodbye. The ratio is not in your favor, believe me bro if she's half way good looking you'd be better off bringing a jug of lotion.
    The man's got a point. There's sausage fests, and then theres maggot/minion-fests.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Originally posted by ak_powder_monkey
    I ski all the black diamonds...

My advice: Bring her but make it clear that you are going for skiing, and there will be some times that she'll have to just hang out if she can't keep up, honesty is key my friend, especially when its mutral
    Is the student now the teacher?
    My Montana has an East Infection