Moving to Billings.....

....temporarily. I gotta finish my graduate degree at MSUB and want to keep an eye on my adviser so that I can make a timely return back north (my heart is in AK). I'm in beautiful Ohio right now..... and am looking forward to the return of what Cincinastian's call, "the white death"

The next semester starts in mid-Jan and need to find a place and something that resembles a j-o-b. I'll be at MSUB 'till Aug. or Dec. (whenever I defend).

What's out there?? anybody got any hook-ups for jobs or places to rent?? I'm currently working at Cincy's one and only real gear shop...so there's that

thanks in advance for the info....and I'd be happy to meet-up and drive to the mnts for any or no info at all.

D-

A certain mag owns a ski shop there and by that time in the season there's bound to be a employee that's not cutting it. Red Lodge ski area is having a hell of a time getting non-meth addicted people to work due to the low number of overseas visas so I'd give them a call and see what's up as well. Red Lodge would be a little bit of a drive but worth it. Cool little ski town with a great vibe. That and they're having a great snow year so far. I'm feeling bad I might not make it there this year. That's been a yearly trip for as long as I can remember. I'd try and get out there ASAP after the holidays. You should have no problem getting a cheap place to rent in Billings. For your drive out take I90 and enjoy from Rapid City on. Nice trip. Hit up Devils Tower, you'll have the entire park to yourself. Have lunch or dinner at the Aro in Sundance, WY. Great little resturant. Order the Chicken Fried Steak, will keep you warm and full all the way to Billings. I'll call a buddy who just moved out of Billings and see if he has any ideas for jobs and a place to live.

Jay
    Five minutes into the drive and you're already driving me crazy...

I work in Billings. I have not been in the renting arena for a long time but could try & check on some things and I do know ptex1.
    PM me with contact info & I will give you a call.
    Dave

I live down in Cody, and have a work season pass for Rock Dodge. I'll be able to get out probably mostly Mondays, since ice climbing usually takes up Sundays, but drop me a line, maybe get some turns. I'm out of the loop for the Billings crowd these days, but if you get down this way, just let me know.
    backcountry makes my wee wee tingle...
    "What was once a mighty river. Now a ghost." Edward Abbey
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's not wyoming...it's Jackson.
    Different rules apply.
    My Adventures

"Feeling good is good enough."

Quote Originally Posted by mnflyfish View Post
    I'm feeling bad I might not make it there this year. That's been a yearly trip for as long as I can remember.
    Jay
    Let me know the next time you make it out to the Dodge. I would be up for some turns and/or a beer.

mnflyfish, mtsprings, skibuminwy~

Thanks for the tips. Greatly appreciated!!!! I'm pretty damn flexible and will pretty much take what I can get--heat, running water, kitchen, and bathroom would all be nice....but I've survived w/o in previous lives... Hell yeah for meeting some fellow mags--count me in for making turns. I'll look into Red Lodge ski area and see what's avail...as usual, I'm flexible...just need to make enough to survive. I'll probably look into substitute teaching as one part-time gig if I don't find something full time that'll pay the bills, so living in Billings is where it's at--and the leash on my adviser needs to be kept short....

Thanks for the responses...keep 'em coming....

My sister lives in Billings and substitutes there. I can get you 411 on the sub scene when you're ready...

Catch up with montanaskier, isn't he still trying to sell his house there?

Gonna be a dental floss tycoon?
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

Here is a link to the Billings Public Schools Job openings and Substitute Registration:
    http://www.billingsschools.org/?page=job-openings_e
    I will call soon.