Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

RIP Heather

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

RIP Heather.

I did not know here, but sounds like she was the very definition of what it means to be a skier. I offer my condolences.

PLEASE PEOPLE< MAKE THIS TRAGEDY BECOME A REMIND OF WHY YOU SHOULD ALWAYS SKI WITH YOUR AVY GEAR EVEN IN BOUNDS.

Quote Originally Posted by HAF2SKI View Post
    I think this is a really good idea. Whether Snowbird goes for it or not, as a skiing community and the Snowbird Family, maybe we could just refer to it as Heathers Run. I know i have renamed many runs amongst my skiing family, so all you maggots out there skiing the bird, Heathers Run?
    PM's sent to you and others....

Holy shit. I am so sorry to hear about this. Sincere condolences to everyone who knew or got to share turns with Heather. This really fucking sucks.
    slopstyle crosscarver junior

RIP, Heather. You will be missed.

If the idea of renaming 'fields of glory' doesn't work, I know the bird won't mind the plaque or memorial idea. There are two such memorials that I know of in out-of-the-way places at the bird.
    That area is such a beautiful, peaceful setting--and what a great place it would be to pause and remember Healther from time-to-time.

The plaque is already in the works but it will have to wait until the weather improves significantly. Not sure how we'll attatch it but I've seen things like that before like on west Turbo at A-Basin.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

This:
    Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    She did 360's everywhere, on skis or not.
    ... seriously made me cry.

My condolences to all those who knew her on losing her.

My condolences to those of us who didn't on losing the chance to do so.
    not counting days 2016-17

Positive vibes sent to her friends and family. And what a tragedy to lose someone who brought so much good to not just our ski community, but the world in general.

I have been super bummed about ski season this winter...just not feeling up to it. But Heather might have given me a little boost this winter. I didn't know her, but I know people like her. THey are infectuous to be around, and not just on pow days. They are grateful for every day and every experience because they are able to be there. They are genuinely happy and that is what we should all strive for.

RIP.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Memorial services for Heather wil be held at Zion Lutheran Church on foothill, this sat, 12/20, at 3PM.

Her falmily has expressed to me that anyone who knew Heather and/or helped in the rescue effort is welcome to attend.

-Sam

Yo Sam,
    Metal Plaque, steel pegs welded on the back, cordless hammerdrill (think i can dig that up) and bondo or epoxy. Will work out perfect. Keep me posted.

Cort

Quote Originally Posted by HAF2SKI View Post
    Yo Sam,
    Metal Plaque, steel pegs welded on the back, cordless hammerdrill (think i can dig that up) and bondo or epoxy. Will work out perfect. Keep me posted.

Cort

Yeah I've got a cordless hammer drill. We might need to wait until it warms up for the epoxy for the holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
    Heather was an incredible character. Her passion, free spirit and positivity is truly summed up by her "snow dance". I can't stop thinking about her skiing fast, leaning back - butt touching her ski tails as she flails her arms and torso dancing it up for the mountains. If you ever saw her "snow dance" you could instantly feel her love for what we do. having skied baldy minutes before she dropped in, it was safe to say she was having a blast. cheers to you.
    So true. Thanks for posting that.

Man what a huge bummer...I didn't know her but sorry to all who did...she sounds like she was just an all around incredible person...sorry to family and freinds...so sad.
    oh so i guess i'm the asshole!

Thinking of you Heather. See you up there today.

Make sure the people you love beep inbounds.

Got the call that night or the next from maggot bro who was right behind Heather when it took her away. The feeling of his helplessness in the torment of his tears tore me apart over the phone. You don't want to ski in those boots.

Make sure the people you love beep inbounds.

My first post in this thread I was just back from the hospital with Springsproject, Shepherd Wong, and Heather's roommate and her parents. We'd probed for an hour and then followed the helicopter there...

It was a bad day three years ago in the Wasatch, and a sad day now.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    vibes
    flowers

and eternal

in memories of another one of the tribe no longer with us in physical form
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    RIP IN PEACE

My friend Heather.

Heather was a true ripper at heart. She was the only one, even the guys, who would follow me through Rat's Nest to get the goods when it was 50 feet of sidestepping down bare rock. With a smile no less. She did 360's everywhere, on skis or not. She was fluent in no fewer than three languages and working on a fourth. She always came up smiling after a fall. She lived in Spain and traveled the rest of Europe and also Australia, New Zealand, and much of South America.

She was skiing with Mags when she died and she would have made a great Maggette.

I don't know why it was her out of all the rest of us that could have gone down today, or ever.

I don't know what else to do but bawl.

RIP IN PEACE.

My friend Heather.
    Sounds like an awesome lady, nice words beaterdit. I lost a friend last week. condolences to all who loose loved ones
    it doesnt realli matter as long you as you remember to wake up and go skiing

sorry bird riders for the loss
    i know the pain of losing a brother in a slide
    i pass by his resting spot everytime i ride
    reminds me that i'm not the boss

prayers to this ladies family
    bobbyf