Page 52 of 191 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 4757
    [QUOTE=creaky fossil;3488108]
    "... the above stuff you spent so much time digging up: ..."
    You flatter yourself Sir - SEARCH FUNCTION JONG!! [Uncle Crud profile on Epic Ski] [Threads Started] [look for poignant titles] Maybe 5 minutes, not counting the entertaining reading part.

"(2) I play around with fiction on the internet, fiction which looks awfully serious to many if not most readers."
    Not sure which is sadder, if that is true or if it isn't

"You: I'm not much of a skier, but I play a real badass on the TGR forums!"
    "Bonasera, Bonasera ... What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?" Did you really think a weak troll like that was going to fool a Corleone-wannabe?
    [QUOTE=creaky fossil;3488108]

Stuck - Given the title, nothing's going to cunt this thread up more than Mother Nature has already.
    Why must I feel like that, why must I chase the cat?
    Nuthin' but the dog in me. George Clinton

oh to be a fly on the wall. wait. shit fucked that up.

fun day surfing the mank on rootskier's bros. Thanks again for letting me use them. What kind of beer do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Oh yeah, and 406, that wouldn't happen on alpine gear. bwahahahahaha!
    A dude was downloading Griz this afternoon with a blown out dynafit toe binding.

Fun snow up high today, but rain instead of snow on the lower mountain, despite Snowbowl's report that it snowed top to bottom. The bottom half of each run was pretty rough. I left by noon - did it pick up and cool off in the afternoon? It's slowly getting better but we need more coverage.

^^^yes, snowing at the bottom starting around 1.

Lulz @ everyone.

Country, somehow western Montana seems to be getting the most snow of anyone right now.

406, that's hilarious. Those things aren't designed for inbounds either. I said alpine gear, not alpine touring.

See you fuckers tomorrow.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Hey crud, did you get to PSIA level 2 yet?
    I haven't read all this thread but Crud sold me some Gots a few years back and seemed like a pleasant enough fellow. I picked them up from his place and he was shooting straight with me on the condition of the skis, etc...

I think all this crappy snow has got us all on edge. A little powder will heal our souls, eh?

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    It really got much better toward the end of the day. Temps dropped, and snow fell heavily to the bottom of the hill, enough to break the treacherous grip of the sticky rain mank on the lower mountain, which, in the morning, was unpleasant and tricky, even dangerous.

It's down into the low twenties tonight, so there will be some freeze drying going on, hopefully it'll fluff out, and pick up some more inches of fresh. It's supposed to be very windy overnight, so probably wind buffed.

Good night.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

apparently my subconscious didn't want to go skiing and I turned my alarm off in my sleep and got out of bed around 12.
    WTF?!
    No longer stuck.

It was really good today. Did 10 top to bottom bowl runs and a last run on Griz. The windloaded areas felt bottomless and my favorite run filled in nicely. sun was out for most of the day, very nice.

I need to stop going to bed really late and waking up in the PM. WTF is wrong with me?
    No longer stuck.

Two scenic shots from yesterday.

Some trad nordic stoke from today:
    Dogs like ski:

skinny:

view:

Dog:

Sweet dog! Bowl was fun today. Sunny and warm. Soft most of the day, started to set up once the sun left.

This is amazing and unbelievable: Skier claims Snowbowl denied him season pass after safety complaint

Read more: http://missoulian.com/news/local/ski...#ixzz1iStdBgIC http://missoulian.com/news/local/ski...9bb2963f4.html

Dude is a serious and longtime regular and passholder. I think he might even be a maggot...Makes me scared to post shit on their Facebook page.

Brad and Ronnie's hardcore bullheadedness is simply amazing.

Kinda ridiculous they would allow this considering the chair that just fell of their chairlift. Doesn't get more brazen than that.

Yeah, but Jim sure can be an abrasively pushy guy. Most people who know him, can understand how the owners would be steamed at his efforts to force them to do what his will.

On the other hand, they also denied a pass to M. E., who is a heck of a nice guy, and skied there for decades, for writing letters, or calling the FS to regulate the way that Snowbowl operated (according to his interpretation of the FS ski area regulations), though he certainly went to Ronnie, and, or, Brad with his concerns first. While I tended to agree with him that it is unwise that Snowbowl groomers pushes big clumps of snow down Patrol Chute which become hazards in it, I wasn't willing to try to influence them to change it, let alone find some FS Reg. to form a legal argument.

So it seems the policy is not to sell passes to people who try to take control of their operating decisions using the FS. I really can't blame them for not wanting to do business with people who are interfering with the operating of their business.
    Last edited by Rasputin; 01-04-2012 at 02:37 AM.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I would like them to groom the out run a bit more. That being said, it's not the kind of thing that necessitates the FS. And the people who run the place seem to think of the internet like we did back in 1995, or something.

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

I find it the most surprising that Snowbowl had a suggestion box and someone read them

Sylvester wrote comments and placed them in the suggestion box at the ski area.

^^^Better be careful, they might be making a list like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMo_HcRBnUY
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    ^^^Better be careful, they might be making a list like this one
    well, I really can't blame the management for planning to kill someone who would publicly slander Snowbowl's good name and try to interfere with their prerogative to carry on business as they please.

[/Rasputin]

^^^^
    and then buy a season pass anyway, hahahahahahahahahaha.
    No longer stuck.

I could give two shits about Ronnie and Brad...I love negative press about thoes two

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    well, I really can't blame the management for planning to kill someone who would publicly slander Snowbowl's good name and try to interfere with their prerogative to carry on business as they please.

[/Rasputin]

Whatever toasty, I'm sure if you operated a ski area you'd love it if customers tried to use the FS strong-arm you when their suggestions weren't implemented.