Page 50 of 191 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4757
    Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    you have seriously flawed judge of character and personality. why defend someone who wrongfully attacks others FOR NO REASON?
    This Creepy Fossil dude really needs a kick in the nuts.

I used to ski Snowbowl, but then moved closer to Big Sky a few years back. I am not a personal friend of Travis, but I have been in his shop and met him. In his shop I bought an avy probe. My memory of him is that he worked in an EC ski shop, moved west with a wife in grad school at U of M, and now is raising a new little kid. His family is a nice addition to Montana and I welcome people like them to our state with open arms.

As far as his shop goes, go check out the photos of satisfied customers. Yeah, there probably is an Escalade on there with $1,000 worth of racks. But most are Subarus with $120 worth of racks.

Travis depends on the income from his shop to raise his young child. I think it is very wrong to attack his shop on this forum without cause. Attacking the person is fine, this is TGR after all. Call him a beater or JONG or whatever, but leave his business out of it.

You attack his shop for selling "boutique skis" ?? Jeez.. Moments are made in the USA by real skiers. Go to Bob Wards and try to find a non-Chineese ski. If you are really so focused on saving Montana from "cookie cutter development" you should be applauding a young entrepenuer who opened a shop in the downtown area selling made in the USA gear.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    As far as his shop goes, go check out the photos of satisfied customers. Yeah, there probably is an Escalade on there with $1,000 worth of racks. But most are Subarus with $120 worth of racks.
    Well-said. Sure, you do see the escalades with $1000 of "look-cool" gear, but that's the car owner's problem. No need to attack the business owner.

By the way, my skybox i bought from the shop last year is bomb. Keeps my shit protected and clean.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    and congrats on becoming an instructor at the bowl. you seem like a real people person.
    That's awesome, if any of you have ever experienced the Snowbowl Ski School you'd be laughing too.

Well that was a fun way to start winter break. I didn't expect any snow until Saturday but woke up to the 2 inches in town at a belated 9:30 and moseyed up to SB to get some left overs. Pretty fun up there today relative to the desert we've been living in for the past few weeks.

This thread has turned into a joke.

Why is a maggot bashing a local ski shop with sweet gear and vibe, owned by another maggot?

Lets talk about the foot of new snow we had at the bowl today, or the widespread freezing rain crust that I saw at three different backcountry locations this week which will be a concern for a some time to come.

Can't talk about the snow either because cunts actually believe snowstorms will vaporize at the mere mention of dumpage

Sent from my ADR6400L using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by hialtitude View Post
    This thread has turned into a joke.

Why is a maggot bashing a local ski shop with sweet gear and vibe, owned by another maggot?

Lets talk about the foot of new snow we had at the bowl today, or the widespread freezing rain crust that I saw at three different backcountry locations this week which will be a concern for a some time to come.
    Yeah, we're starting to earn our reputation as a half-ass ski town.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Personally, I'm a bit surprised by Fossil's focus on Travis' shop. He sells good gear at good prices, I have a couple friends who bought gear there, and the prices they paid, were quite reasonable for the rig involved.

However I stand by my assessment of CF in person, he's always been good company in my experience, he seems to save all of his antagonism for people on the internet.

I skied powder over my knees at The Bowl today, lap after lap on West Ridge. Upper Griz was still awesome on the last run. Powder Wednesday baby!
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

What did we learn today? Travis is a stand up dude with killer prices, great services and a good shop. (I too second this notion; sold me some Moments at a great price). CF seems to be an internet tough with some misdirected angst, it seems. Not enough skiing is being discussed.

Also, skiing is serious business.
    Go skiing, have fun, be happy.

e-skiing ha ha ha haha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha haa!

Today was fun.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

The bowl was fun today. Nice soft chop with more and more of the mountain becoming skiable. Get ready for the holiday crowds to hit soon.

Anybody take a peek at point six this afternoon? Not sure who did it but that was entertaining.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by hialtitude View Post
    Anybody take a peek at point six this afternoon? Not sure who did it but that was entertaining.
    More interesting, were the tracks down Griz Chute. A sign threatening pulling passes for poaching appeared at the bottom of Grizzly in the afternoon.

The snow quality seemed to hold up really well in spite of the bluebird sky. Tomorrow should be more of the same.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

yeah, um, and East Bowl is closed, lol.
    Wasn't bad today.
    You guys missed me nailing the back of my head.
    I'm not sure if it was a concussion or just the fact that I had to pick up a few things at Walmart later, but I didn't feel well while I was there.
    I'm leaning more towards the latter.
    No longer stuck.

much better than expected today.
    friend:

me:

snowed all day, but got a bit warm at the bottom, hopefully snow keeps up for the next 48 hours.
    Last edited by 406; 12-27-2011 at 08:37 PM.

anyone know of any super rad shows in zoo town this winter? need to make my anual music/ brewery/ multiple ski hill tour out that way. whattya got?
    "he doesn't know to behold what the cold frost can do..."

^^^for music I would check griztix.com and google the Wilma.

Union Club always has free music Friday night, and sometimes it's not even bad.
    Top Hat always charges a cover.
    Also look at the Palace, maybe.

New brewery called Draught Werks over on the North Side. Haven't checked it out yet, but I hear it's really good. Flathead Taproom, downtown, above CB's is pretty good and has alright food. You can tell they're hip and swanky because the bathroom sink is a big stone bowl, and there's an expensive restaurant downstairs that's ok, I guess; I hear it's the same business license. Tamarack's not really worth checking out; mediocre beer and overpriced food.

CB's still does not take cards. Union Club now does
    Pretty much everyone else at least takes Visa.

Now on to more local and pressing matters:
    Looks like Wednesday is gonna be a fun day at the Bowl, but it's supposed to rain a little that night.
    Looks like Lost Trail is getting more of the storm. Who's headed down there Thursday? (my friends have a habit of pussying out on me).
    No longer stuck.

Just got a report from my son that a chair fell off of Lavelle today, he was on the lift when it happened, I guess it was 2 chairs behind him and he had to get roped off. No refunds were given.

Really, Lavelle? chair fell off or cable came off the rollers? Griz came off one time, while I was on and I ended up getting lowered. No comp that time. Funny, when I worked at Big Sky we we gave out comps if a lift stopped for more than a few minutes.

Chair fell off as it came around the bullwheel at the loading zone, so it sounds like they need to check some welds.

photos from Monday, about 7" on top and a few at the bottom. Finding the wind loaded areas was key.

Da Benny:

Uncle No-No:

AK:

Rock:

any details on what the hell went down with the lift yesterday? did a chair actually come fully detached from the cable?

I wasn't up there yesterday, but I did find this picture elsewhere on the internet. I too would be interested in hearing from someone who was actually there. It seems that there have been an awful lot of mechanical problems with lifts at snowbowl the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Really, Lavelle? chair fell off or cable came off the rollers? Griz came off one time, while I was on and I ended up getting lowered. No comp that time. Funny, when I worked at Big Sky we we gave out comps if a lift stopped for more than a few minutes.
    No shit? I'd like to hear more details about this. The lifts breaking down is entirely different from plummeting to your death while riding up. Wow, that is lucky no one was on there. Reading about the tragic death of a 7 year old falling off a Sugar Bowl lift makes this all the more real for me. Hope this isn't swept under the rug.

^^^Snowbowl has already deleted all facebook posts regarding the chair breakdown.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier