Page 137 of 190 FirstFirst ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4750
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    ^^Well, at least you tried. It could have worked out.

Did it get warm/heavy at all in the afternoon? Trying to decide between Snowbowl and Disco for tomorrow...or just work.
    The sun came out, but with temps in the 20s it didn't do anything to the snow.
    Kids had off school today, though, so everything was hit pretty hard by the afternoon. Also, people just take off work when it snows, lol. No lift lines, but yeah.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Disco was still skiing pretty well today. Got another refresh last night but it did get hit pretty hard by the Sunday crowd. So lots of fresh still but crossing tracks a bit and some troughs. It did stay pretty damn cold up there when the sun wasnt out, which wasnt much. I really needed some cold weather wax though cuz it was like velcro on my board.

^^Thanks for the reports

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post

Did it get warm/heavy at all in the afternoon?
    I was warm down low but stayed cold up top,
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Re- Ski search...
    Patrol bombed the cliffs yesterday morning and the releases ran wide and deep pretty much everywhere. The ski might easily be 2 feet down by now...

That damn tree is down on the traverse into Meadows. Can you traverse higher up without skiing into/off of a bunch of rocks? You guys just climb over the trunk like mountain biking?
    Quote Originally Posted by MT View Post
    Good times bouncing around Point 6 today (watch it in 4K)

Fuck yeah dude!

Anyone wanna make turns tomorrow? Also open to bringing beacon, shovel, probe, and skins.
    No longer stuck.

Everybody do themselves a favor and dont look at showdowns snow report today.....hmmm if I left right now....dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by MT View Post
    Good times bouncing around Point 6 today (watch it in 4K)
    That does look very nice.

First time visit to Whitefish obs.

My lady and I had a recent visit to WF around super bowl weekend. We were pretty happy with the conditions we hit and had a great time. First day was a Wednesday prior to SB. Maybe 5" of fresh and just moderate fog. Second day was soft snow and classic super-fog milk bowl skiing.

We did Fernie for a few days. Arrived to really good skiing but things went to shit. Rained to the top Friday afternoon/night and also the wicked wind storm hit the area. Massive power outages.

Superbowl sunday and the next day brought us back to WF which was mostly sunny. WF hadn't got the rain that Fernie did but it did get warm. Was mostly groomer-zoom for those two days, which was fine. Pretty fun doing top-to-bottom Big Ravine or Toni Matt runs. Many other good groom options.

Thought it was pretty cool to see the passion of so many people skinning up the mountain for some exercise. Seemed to be all day and everyday happening that you would see them. Mostly they stayed out of the way. And Wednesday night ski-mo races. That is awesome.

What is with all the old-folks wearing butt patch things. Never scene to many. I know swamp ass sucks but many were wearing even on the sunny days.

Food was pretty awesome and I thought affordable, as were beer prices. Pretty much get a $5 or less beer any-wheres. Beer-Stube is a fun dirtbag apres bar, characters and history. Hellroaring Tavern was cool. Loved the food and beers at Bonsai. Many great food options in town.

We did a first night and a last night lodging in Kallispell. Ate pizza at the Moose Tavern twice. Maybe the best thin crust pizza ever?? And it's open till 2am or something crazy like that.

WF was always on my radar and am glad we went. Really fun experience. The town has a great vibe and I can see why it would be a desirable place to live. Sounds like the mountain biking around there is pretty spectacular.

8 out of 10.
    Last edited by Fred Pabst; 02-13-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    What is with all the old-folks wearing butt patch things. Never scene to many. I know swap ass sucks but many were wearing even on the sunny days.
    The beavertail mafia are required to wear their patch regardless of conditions. Once you're in, you can never get out, just like the Yakuza.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    The beavertail mafia are required to wear their patch regardless of conditions. Once you're in, you can never get out, just like the Yakuza.
    Funny that OP saw them on Big Mountain as 90% of all snow skirt wearers are on the Snowbowl volunteer ski patrol.

Fred - sounds like you hit the good food spots. I agree that Mooses has the best thin crust. Just don't take any home, it sucks the next day.

Snowbowl - the website is still down for me. A blessing in disquise?... They are posting snow reports on social media, so actually easier to get the info IMO.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

^ It helps that you can see the whole mountain from town, since that's the best way to get a snow report from bowl these days. You kind of have to wing it.

Finally hit up LT this season, and on a sunny blue day no less! No pics, but I can report that Hollywood and the rest of the WH was amazing. 6in had drifted into deeper sports of the ridge, and stayed cold during the day. The lackluster report meant almost no crowds on the lifts, yet the parking lot turned into a glorious display of terribly-parked rigs.

Such a great mountain.

My lady and I had a recent visit to WF around super bowl weekend. We were pretty happy with the conditions we hit and had a great time. First day was a Wednesday prior to SB. Maybe 5" of fresh and just moderate fog. Second day was soft snow and classic super-fog milk bowl skiing.

Superbowl sunday and the next day brought us back to WF which was mostly sunny. WF hadn't got the rain that Fernie did but it did get warm. Was mostly groomer-zoom for those two days, which was fine. Pretty fun doing top-to-bottom Big Ravine or Toni Matt runs. Many other good groom options.
    and Fred- Wow, you really got to experience the true dichotomy of that place. Skiing through the soupy veil in great snow conditions is a surreal experience. And Big Ravine on a sunny groomer day is one of the best bomber runs in the state.

First time visit to Whitefish obs.

We did Fernie for a few days. Arrived to really good skiing but things went to shit. Rained to the top Friday afternoon/night and also the wicked wind storm hit the area. Massive power outages.

Thought it was pretty cool to see the passion of so many people skinning up the mountain for some exercise. Seemed to be all day and everyday happening that you would see them. Mostly they stayed out of the way. And Wednesday night ski-mo races. That is awesome.

What is with all the old-folks wearing butt patch things. Never scene to many. I know swamp ass sucks but many were wearing even on the sunny days.

Food was pretty awesome and I thought affordable, as were beer prices. Pretty much get a $5 or less beer any-wheres. Beer-Stube is a fun dirtbag apres bar, characters and history. Hellroaring Tavern was cool. Loved the food and beers at Bonsai. Many great food options in town.

We did a first night and a last night lodging in Kallispell. Ate pizza at the Moose Tavern twice. Maybe the best thin crust pizza ever?? And it's open till 2am or something crazy like that.

WF was always on my radar and am glad we went. Really fun experience. The town has a great vibe and I can see why it would be a desirable place to live. Sounds like the mountain biking around there is pretty spectacular.

8 out of 10.
    Sounds like you did it right! And yeah, Moose's is a gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post

Snowbowl - the website is still down for me. A blessing in disquise?...
    Clear your cache, it works fine.

Well, it works sort of.
    Anyone else just bowing out of president's day weekend? Wanna tour Lolo or something?
    No longer stuck.

So that's a no?
    Come on, someone make me use my bc stuff.
    No longer stuck.

Someone at NWS takes a MASSIVE rip from 6-foot bong, and says hey guys, watch this:

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THIS
    AFTERNOON TO 11 AM MST SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 3 to 7 inches
    for valley locations. Total snow accumulations of 8 to 16 inches
    in the southern Swan Range and 18 to 30 inches in the southern
    Mission Mountains.

* WHERE...Highway 200 Bonner to Greenough, Highway 83 Seeley
    Lake to Condon, and I-90 East Missoula to Bearmouth.

* WHEN...From 5 PM this afternoon to 11 AM MST Sunday.

Have you lost a Nikon camera while skiing in the bitterroot? Do you know a lil ripper (maybe 10 or 12 years old) named Delaware? Let me know the model of camera and where it was lost and it’s yours!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    just returned from 4 days enjoying the different personalities of WF. For someone used to pushing around cascade concrete I thought the conditions were great, a couple inches each day of fresh, stayed below freezing. Sunday was a winner with deeper wind deposited snow found on various aspects, Connie's Coullee(?) area and North Bowl were especially nice. Drank and ate enough at Bierstube and Hellroaring to kill a horse, and yes the thin crust and cheap pitchers at Mooses hit the spot!

The bong and the sad gay song

Is Gelande weekend still a big event? Late 80s and early 90s were huge. Saturday night was a blast with a betting Calcutta on the pros for Sunday. I was usually nicely hungover for the Sunday jumps.

Furthest I ever jumped was about 175, furthest I ever jumped and skied away was closer to 165.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I don't think it's quite the scene it used to be, but it's still a scene.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I could definitely be wrong but it sure seems the field is far smaller than it used to be. I'm also not sure when the last time it got sent naked was.