Page 99 of 190 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 4750
    Hoping to get up to the Bowl this afternoon early enough to take a lap or two then head out the gate toward Pt. 6. Things were sliding around in steep open areas yesterday so will likely stick to more protected, treed areas. PM if interested. Orange pants if you see me up there and want to join ...

I concur with the above statements: Wednesday brought the goods lap after lap, with the Meadows delivering creamy goodness all morning. Lots of stoke and great attitudes to be found amongst the rabble. The lack of crowds seemed odd, but it's likely a combination of people having winter fatigue and lack of any snow in the valley to get people thinking. In any case, it left more powder to those who made the effort.

Thanks to wordbird for the drive up. The bloody mary and pizza break is always a worthwhile endeavor on a day like that.

Too bad work has clawed me back into the office, otherwise I'd be up there today. Cheers and hopes for a good weekend report.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Today was NOT as good as yesterday, but some great turns to be had, however the lower mountain was turning to mashed potatoes when I left.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Today was NOT as good as yesterday, but some great turns to be had, however the lower mountain was turning to mashed potatoes when I left.
    Yup. Yesterday was definitely the best day all year. Heavy pow and mashed potatoes really worked me today.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

3 lap day today. Hopefully tomorrow returns to top form

nyone have beta on sled ski zones in that area?

Wow, above freezing (35 degrees at 7400 feet) for hours and hours, an inch of SWE, and now 9 degrees? Hard fucking pass.

I'm a little scared to get in the car.
    Snowpack looks like it's probably crazy right now and getting worse. Take it easy out there, everyone.
    No longer stuck.

Did not go, I expect dust on crust today
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Wow, above freezing (35 degrees at 7400 feet) for hours and hours, an inch of SWE, and now 9 degrees? Hard fucking pass.
    I've noticed that snotel runs a bit warm, I've seen it snow at base of the bowl when it was 33 up there. I think point 6 is a bit more accurate, they are always 2-4 degrees colder than stuart even though it's only 500 feet higher.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Having skied one bowl run I can say wholeheartedly, that today was not, in fact, a good'n.

The upper few hundred vertical wasn't bad, a little wind slabby, but that became thinner, and gave way to survival skiing, where it seemed the snow really wanted to hurt you, by locking your skis into a vector, and resisting turns. I was thankful to get out of the bowls without re-injuring my knees.

On the lighter side, ABC/Fox sent a reporter up there, who was told by Pat, that they had the best spring conditions in 20 years. Look for the report on ABC at 5:30, or Fox at 9pm.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Holy shit, this thread is almost 10 seasons old!
    No longer stuck.

Hm, Friday should be good.
    No longer stuck.

Free day at Lookout next Sunday. And looks like I better learn to skin for real.
    No longer stuck.

Free day at Lookout next Sunday. And looks like I better learn to skin for real.
    You in need of some touring skis & bindings ? I have some brand new stuff, (BNIB/undrilled) willing to pass it on for my cost. PM if interested.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I think it's Saturday, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I think it's Saturday, actually.
    Yes
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    You in need of some touring skis & bindings ? I have some brand new stuff, (BNIB/undrilled) willing to pass it on for my cost. PM if interested.
    I wish I could take you up on that. I don't habe pin tech boots though.
    No longer stuck.

I made it into Evaro Bowl yesterday and found great coverage and decent snow. It was still wind packed chalky winter snow on the steep northerly aspects. I had never been back there before (recently transplanted here from near Tahoe) so was psyched to check out the zone. There are some great steep lines back there and getting out of the bowl is a worthy challenge. No wonder that area stays relatively untracked even though it is so accessible.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180422_130818.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	752.8 KB 
ID:	233454
    ^^Not likely from a dog, as there were no dogs out there and no other skier tracks

Name:	20180422_141005.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	233455
    ^^Options

Name:	20180422_151330.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	233456
    ^^Had to reach for the wide skis due to recent binding breakage on another pair

Quote Originally Posted by B__ View Post
    I made it into Evaro Bowl yesterday and found great coverage and decent snow. It was still wind packed chalky winter snow on the steep northerly aspects. I had never been back there before (recently transplanted here from near Tahoe) so was psyched to check out the zone. There are some great steep lines back there and getting out of the bowl is a worthy challenge. No wonder that area stays relatively untracked even though it is so accessible.

Name:	20180422_130818.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	752.8 KB 
ID:	233454
    ^^Not likely from a dog, as there were no dogs out there and no other skier tracks

Name:	20180422_141005.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	233455
    ^^Options

Name:	20180422_151330.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	233456
    ^^Had to reach for the wide skis due to recent binding breakage on another pair
    That's very surprising. I went to lolo(tops out at 6k') both days this weekend, found shitty mushy corn saturday after a cloudy night, perfect corn on Sunday(on all aspects). Also lets go touring in the Bitterroots sometime!

Nice! Stoke! Wolverine track. Claimed that line in 97' , Skyla, banking air left turn @ the crux, Lady Grizz standout that year. Dropped the line lookers right ,instead of going to a friends funeral service a week later.Called the 2 funnels to the left Hale,bop, for the comet that was visible during the day that year. Mostly post holed back up,back then.

Went for a skin up Snowbowl's West Bowl yesterday afternoon with wordbird. As for conditions:

Top Half: The snow we got last weekend has been consolidating with the recent free-thaw cycles. Yet the snow proved grabby, and your had to throw your body weight into turns. Definitely had to watch yourself.

Bottom Half: Much better corn was found once you got below the new snowfall. The run-out had been worked on by the groomers, so we reckoned you'll be able to ski to the base for another week (possibly more if weather stays favorable).

Starting to eye some full-day tours now that we are in Mayday month.

Cloud cover made for a moody atmosphere up top, but no rain thankfully. Sorry, no pics of the descent this time.

Name:	snowbowl_05-02.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	907.8 KB 
ID:	234656

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    The run-out had been worked on by the groomers, so we reckoned you'll be able to ski to the base for another week (possibly more if weather stays favorable).
    Ha, Pat groomed the runout after closing!?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I know, crazy right? Slithering down the run-out was velvety and sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    It was more of an Alpental grooming.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    we had a Bridger Sunday like that during BBI. so much fun on so many levels. started out light so the crowds never showed. kept on snowing bigger flakes as the day progressed and the snow began to stack.
    the lunch at the mid mountain lodge was so much better than mediocre, a serve yourself salsa barfantastic!!
    next, mtnbikerboarder leads us towards a set of chairlifts that keeps dropping us off, in gorgeously yhuuge tree meadow skipping woods, with fresh knee deep pow.
    It was fucking like Magic on the best of days, an EC mag skiing with us proclaimed. Norseman pleaded with me to hike towards the more challenging terrain, which he and his local buddies were lapping. I looked him in the eye and said,
    I’m on vacation
    Was just thinking about that day at bridger today and come in here to surf and read this ^^^^^^ 'Twas a great for sure! Hope all is well with ur family my friend!
    always forward but never straight