Page 161 of 190 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 4750
    I also noticed multiple lifties on each chair at both the top and the bottom I'm hoping that means they have plenty of staff to run all lifts this year. Most of them appeared to be actively training.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

^ definitely looks like they were training lifties up there today. Lot of fresh faces in that group.

More snow on the way this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

way to get after it and thanks for sharing the pics! always get a little snowbowl nostalgia from time to time and would love to get back up there one of these winters during a storm cycle.

Was a good day for me, if cold. Took my smallest pair of skis to the hill. That was a bit of a mistake. Or maybe it wasn't since I got the biggest core shot of my life. Nice 3" long, half inch wide gash. Probably on Griz, lol. Never even got a hit like that at Moonlight/Big Sky.
    Anyway, that was some good snow. Gonna have to hit it again tomorrow.

Carnage attached

This season should be good!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211217_164133.jpeg 
Views:	50 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	397128
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I'm out of town right now, so you're welcome.
    No longer stuck.

It was good today. A little busy, but not terrible. They said 6" and I doubted them, but it might have been accurate. Good skiing up top, paradise was in surprisingly good shape. Ran into Jamal at Lavelle and he convinced me to hit West Ridge. It was very good, just a little heavy at the bottom.

I figured out how to grill a sandi at the A frame. That might be a game changer.

Yeah cool running into you.

Lost trail was really good monday. Like a foot of fresh and snowed all day. Trees off the side of chair 4 weren't open and neither was hollywood bowl until the afternoon. But the chair broke down for awhile (with us on it) so didn't get a run in there.

Saw sheeps on the highway, got a beer at bitterroot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211220_172822728.PORTRAIT.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	397.4 KB 
ID:	397832

Yesterday I took a paradise lap with the new stuff. Dynafit blacklight 88s, fancy, carbon, lightweight, pretty good uphill. Snow was heavy, skied out, starting to freeze. Felt like I didn't know how to ski on the way down.
    Last edited by jamal; 12-22-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Got a decent refresh last night, so went for some early morning turns on Xmas eve.

Ran into some friends up there who were also skiing the AM, and spent most the morning over on the nuts.

Name:	IMG_3779.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	304.2 KB 
ID:	398009

Name:	IMG_3774.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	329.8 KB 
ID:	398010

Name:	IMG_3773.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	313.6 KB 
ID:	398008

Wanted to stick around longer, but the crowds were getting to be a bit annoying.

But all in all things are looking good at the bowl. The lower mountain experienced some of the freeze-thaw this week, but looks like all it did was firm up the base down low.

Merry Christmas all.

Good to hear about some snowbowl stoke!

Of course I come back and it's single digits. IDK if my fingers, toes, and nose can take it anymore. Also, I have work to do. Have fun?
    No longer stuck.

You guys skiing? I'm a little scared. At least we're getting a few dribbles from the west coast.
    My toes, though. I don't think they can handle single digits anymore. And has anyone seen my fucking glove liners?!
    No longer stuck.

Family in town until this weekend so I won't be back until after the first. See you then.

I’ve been up there, and things are looking fairly solid right now. Pretty skied in the usual spots, but I wouldn’t be too worried about hitting sharks unless you venture too far into the trees.

Weather has made for some great skiing.

Name:	IMG_3906.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	398741

And you can still find some of the good stuff if you look for it.

Name:	IMG_3885.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	344.9 KB 
ID:	398742

Name:	IMG_3890.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	317.1 KB 
ID:	398743

Name:	IMG_3881.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	399.9 KB 
ID:	398744

Hoping for a good refresh before the new year comes.

Not as cold as I expected, and found some ok turns over on snowpark. Be nice if it snows this weekend though.

Same.
    Also, it's snowing now.
    Coverage seems pretty good, actually.
    No longer stuck.

Yeah, seemed warmer than I expected also. Good to be out skinning. No wind and nice cold snow for my turns today. Didn't need the extra layer in my pack.

Some pleasant winter weather out there today

Name:	IMG_3915.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	293.9 KB 
ID:	398942

Pretty empty too

Had a good day riding with an a missoula mag. Sucks that I missed you jenks, but schedules didn't work out. Maybe I can catch you for a tour or a bowl day in March, hopefully my trip schedule permits another day at the old stomping grounds. Power lines were in the most mediocre condition, but had to be poached under new rules(wouldn't recommend that to the pass holders?). Really all-time, especially with the new quick approach available! Even regular laps on normal runs were kinda mediocre.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    So, the latest word on the next chairlift, up to the top of TV from the base area is, that Snowbowl has bought a brand new triple from Skytrac who will do the installation as well, which should be completed by next season. No I am not kidding. The Mayor told me he heard Pat say it, C-Rad told me that he'd heard it from Brad and Pat, so that's pretty much a lock.

Feel free to wager.....
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    So, the latest word on the next chairlift, up to the top of TV from the base area is, that Snowbowl has bought a brand new triple from Skytrac who will do the installation as well, which should be completed by next season. No I am not kidding. The Mayor told me he heard Pat say it, C-Rad told me that he'd heard it from Brad and Pat, so that's pretty much a lock.

Feel free to wager.....
    Do you think that will require using up parking spaces for the base of the lift?
    Gravity Junkie

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudfoot View Post
    Do you think that will require using up parking spaces for the base of the lift?
    Hey Muddy!

No, the base of the lift will be below Second Thought just before it turns to go behind the T-bar hut. It's above the lot though.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

Feel free to wager.....
    Definitely a surprise to hear, though I might try and make a few dollars betting against them. I guess with as steep as the TV is, they were going to need help installing the new lift and cutting the runs properly. That face needs some proper attention if they ever want it to look anything like their master plan.

@wordbird my apologies for missing your stopover day at the bowl. Family visiting and all that.

Did manage to get out for a ski day with the fam, some having grew up around here.

Name:	IMG_3945.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	397.5 KB 
ID:	399321

Name:	IMG_3941.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	328.1 KB 
ID:	399322

Keeping the hopes up going into this next round of storms.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    I guess with as steep as the TV is, they were going to need help installing the new lift
    I would think they need a helicopter unless plan to cut roads and I sure hope they don't do that. Glad they finally decided to hire professionals, although I know nothing about that lift company and looks like they have only been doing ski lifts for 10 years. Regardless, has to be better than the clown show.

Beautiful day up there today, although I was just lapping the rope tow with one of the kids.

A slow but excellent start to winter at the Bowl to end 2021. Hopefully the temps stay cold and we get some more considerable precip soon!

Snowbowl is an awesome mountain. I was completely caught off guard given how much shit I hear about it from people at Great Divide and around Helena. People are confusing.

Name:  IMG_0153.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  67.4 KB