Page 119 of 190 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 4750
    The runs are cut, the chair is mostly done and will supposedly be working this winter? But the chair was supposed to be running like two years ago. I don't know the details of that project but I've heard about issues with tower placement and cable length.

You want a dishonest snowbowl map though look at the mtb "trails," all but one are a dirt road.

https://www.montanasnowbowl.com/BikeTrail_Map_Color.pdf

And I've never heard of the annual hot laps hill climb.
    Last edited by jamal; 07-30-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    The runs are cut, the chair is mostly done and will supposedly be working this winter?
    I got a pitcher of beer at the LRI that it will not run this year. I will take all comers. Even Pat.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I don't know if they will get it done, but it can't help that Chris Greer, who was Pat's longest running maintenance guy, and groomer driver, who was very much involved implementing the plans, died after driving off the "high side" of Snowbowl Road June 7th.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Damn, that sucks. I remember seeing that story but I didn't know he worked at the Bowl.

Yeah that's rough. And no I did not know about that when I made my guardrail comment. I didn't see a lot of details in the first article I pulled up but I suppose there are spots where the edge is pretty soft and it's a long way down.

Damn, didn't know that was a guy who actually worked up there. That sucks.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Snowbowl Instagram story has a shared photo from a guy that is working on the new chairlift. Search for @peathen9

Based on his content I'd guess he is a maggot as well.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Snowbowl Instagram story has a shared photo from a guy that is working on the new chairlift. Search for @peathen9

Based on his content I'd guess he is a maggot as well.

Following him now. He's giving us more info in a few Instagram posts than Snowbowl has over the past few years.

I got to share a chair with him early last season. He laughed hard, as regaled upon one of the times Pat pulled my pass. R.I.P. Chris.

Any Thai restaurant recommendations in Missoula?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Any Thai restaurant recommendations in Missoula?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Get some take-out from Pagoda is my recommendation. North end of town on Orange st.

Second Pagoda. The deli lunch bar at Sa Wa Dee is worth it during the week, too.

Thanks for the tips

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Those new run names, jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Those new run names, jesus.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Yeah that's rough. And no I did not know about that when I made my guardrail comment. I didn't see a lot of details in the first article I pulled up but I suppose there are spots where the edge is pretty soft and it's a long way down.
    I have a friend who has skied Snowbowl for over fifty years, and worked up there for years starting when he was 12, he says it's the first death on the road that he's ever heard of (though countless vehicles have gone over the edge, including a grader). He was someone who drove the road year-round, which is a sobering fact for those of us who have long enjoyed pushing our vehicles on the road.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I would say Missoula is more Montana's version of Boulder. And if you liked Burlington, you'll like Missoula.
    The skiing and mountain biking isn't world class, but SLC, Denver, etc are a 2hr flight.
    If you're up here, pm me. I'll buy ya a beer.
    Why would you fly to Denver or Utah to bike when Nelson BC is a 5 hour drive and has some of the best riding anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    An intriguing job opportunity for me at the university. This is all quite preliminary, trying to decide if I should even apply, but seems worth posting in this thread to start my investigation.

I know absolutely nothing about Missoula. Nothing about skiing and mt biking near there, the town vibe, what it's like to raise a kid there (ie quality of schools and general kid friendliness), etc.

I live in Boulder and it is WAY too fucking big for me, way to expensive too. Lived in Burlington VT for a couple of years and that was closer to my speed, but the weather sucked. Lived in Durango for 6 years before that and that was right on point for me, but I couldn't afford to live an adult life there. I'm not a super aggro skier or biker, but I do like to do both quite regularly, and I'd certainly hope that access and crowds improve compared to Boulder.

So throw some insight my way.
    An update to close the loop. I made the difficult decision not to apply for that job. Just wasn't the right time or situation. But I deeply appreciate the excellent info all y'all gave, both in this thread and via PM. Maybe a few years down the road the opportunity will come up again, at a better time for my family. For anyone who took the time to respond, I owe you a beer if you're down this way!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Does the "Snowbowl Pass Party" happen every year? Facebook search makes it look like it has for several years. I couldn't find the old post, but seem to remember - at a local bar, cash only, close to pre-season pricing

Does the "Snowbowl Pass Party" happen every year? Facebook search makes it look like it has for several years. I couldn't find the old post, but seem to remember - at a local bar, cash only, close to pre-season pricing
    So last year it wasn't until October that he party occurred. No info yet, but it goes down normally at Big Sky Brewery. Not sure if the venue will be different this year.

Here is a link to last year's party, if that helps at all:
    https://m.facebook.com/events/big-sk...0030147745386/

Also, I talked with a guy who did some work on the new Snowbowl lift this summer. Unless something comes up, it should (finally) be operational this season.

Such is life here.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How about that. Maybe I'll finally ski TV mountain.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Thanks S_Jenks

Iowagriz, it'll happen. I'll PM you. It is a decent bit less than normal pre-season pricing.

Thanks Root! I'm looking forward to meeting and skiing with many of you this year.