Page 128 of 190 FirstFirst ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4750
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Just blow the place up and build a proper ski area at Wisherd Ridge.
    Financially, snowbowl might be moving in that direction.

I don't know what makes you think that. It seems like they have invested more money over the past few years than in the previous two decades.

To me the place seems ripe for a buyout. I wonder if they've gotten any offers from the big ski corps.

Do the big ski corps care about places with no real estate potential?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I don't know what makes you think that. It seems like they have invested more money over the past few years than in the previous two decades.
    It's probably loaned money? Given that interest rates are low atm it's probably not a big deal though.

To me it seems like snowbowl's best appeal to the larger ski corps is being a feeder resort. I could see many Missoulians taking advantage of Ikon or Epic benefits.

Maybe also a stopover place for people road tripping. Connecting the dots or spinning a web or some shit like that.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    To me it seems like snowbowl's best appeal to the larger ski corps is being a feeder resort. I could see many Missoulians taking advantage of Ikon or Epic benefits.

Maybe also a stopover place for people road tripping. Connecting the dots or spinning a web or some shit like that.
    I have a feeling that the wages in the area won't be able to support the in-town strategy.

It would be nice if they even posted something like "we will have an eta on fixing lavalle as soon as we know more" instead of practically trying to pretend it didn't happen.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Getting better at disco but it's still at least 1 gummy territory to keep it interesting. Btw, have lifties always been so aggro about fucking backpacks at disco? I really had to bite my tongue.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200102_155625.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	308837

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Classic Snowbowl crowd control.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

They are finally getting some national exposure.

Disco not allow packs on back on the lift?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    They are finally getting some national exposure.

Disco not allow packs on back on the lift?
    I'm gonna talk to a patrol friend but the last couple days I have aggressively gotten yelled at to take my pack off. It's a super slim old lifelink pack that I've worn on lifts for the last 20 something years, cuz you actually need it at bridger and now I'm just so used to wearing it and like having water and snacks(as well as a extra layer and avy gear). I've also been mostly been riding empty lifts and kinda feel like its easier to catch straps etc having it on lap. I dont think these lifties really ski much and having to deal with them all season and prob in town, I'm trying not to get into a pissing match. We need snow...

/RANT..

Good luck with Snowbowl fellas.

They finally posted an update at about 830 this morning.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Don't buy it

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    Don't buy it
    Agreed. I'm a sceptic in my old age. Glad I didn't buy a pass (for several reasons), but they need to earn my money with action.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Agreed. I'm a sceptic in my old age. Glad I didn't buy a pass (for several reasons), but they need to earn my money with action.

It's first year I didn't buy a pass since moving to Missoula(but I'll be moving away in a couple weeks). Looks like I picked a good one!

Also do we have a weekend noon parking lot report yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MT View Post
    Interesting. AFast forward to January 2020 and the USFS still hasn't done the final inspection on the chair according the the Snowbowl statement. Curious how that pace of forward progress translates (or maybe it doesn't?) to the projected timeline for the Lavelle repairs?
    My understanding is that the chair has passed all required testing. Is it possible that they mean the FS needs to approve signage, rope lines, etc? That is how I read it but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    they need to earn my money with action.
    Look on the bright side: at least you'll get to keep your money.

Ha!

True

Good reason for me to spread the love around and ski the various offerings within a few hours drive.

Someone give an update on today. I was home with my kid who had surgery. What was open, how windy was it, etc?

Colder and than recent days. The frontside of Griz is open, and a traverse has formed on the Beargrass Highway trail. So you have some access.

Snow was good in the trees, but drifting and scouring is now part of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud cult View Post
    You sorry saps of course it's the fault of a SKIER, the lift has been there for 50 years, sure, seen hundreds of thousands of people get off of it, but it was not until this one skier happened to get off at the wrong time that it became a problem. Could not possibly be a Snowbowl issue. Yes, skier should fear for his/her life.
    Obviously not- it was a snowboarder. Kill the snowboarder!
    Ullr is pissed

Snagged 2 very delicious laps up at the bowl today. Read the Snotel totals and decided to play hooky for a couple hours.

Was getting heavy at the base area after the second lap, but otherwise it's a good refresh. More base-building material, and it's getting to point where you can dip into the trees with greater confidence that you won't hook a log or hit a snow shark.

NOAA is also looking favorable for the week ahead, so hopefully everyone can snag some fresh laps this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    I'm gonna talk to a patrol friend but the last couple days I have aggressively gotten yelled at to take my pack off. It's a super slim old lifelink pack that I've worn on lifts for the last 20 something years, cuz you actually need it at bridger and now I'm just so used to wearing it and like having water and snacks(as well as a extra layer and avy gear). I've also been mostly been riding empty lifts and kinda feel like its easier to catch straps etc having it on lap. I dont think these lifties really ski much and having to deal with them all season and prob in town, I'm trying not to get into a pissing match. We need snow...

/RANT..

Good luck with Snowbowl fellas.
    I use a vest inbounds at certain areas to get around this inane rule.