Page 132 of 135 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3358
    Not kidding, but maybe I have just been clockwork oranged by Ronnie.

Also you deleted the first half of my sentence. Too bad you were at work today.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I kinda fucked up. Vegged today because I thought Sunday and especially Monday would be amazing, but now it's looking like the storm is gonna stall over Lookout Pass again. Dammit!

Does the new lift really spread people out? I guess we have no way to really know without Levalle.
    Not really. Our snow totals over the next couple of days have gone down from earlier predictions.
    Vibes to you guys enduring the snow bowl shit show.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Man, that's really too bad. So much of what happens up there makes no sense. So did you end up with a pass this year?
    Well it was easy for me to understand. The previous year, Pat didn't call me as he always had before, I figured he was too busy with work on the chairlift, or whatever, so I bought a pass. Then a year ago summer, I went up to the Bowl for the last Sunday of summer. First Jimmy, who had been running the bar in Garland's absence, asked when I'd be available to stock the bar with wood. Then, Andy Morris came in and asked if I'd be doing firewood soon. Then Pat came in and asked the same thing. Finally Brad came in and asked if I'd be doing wood, all within the space of an hour.

The previous winter, when I hadn't done it, they ran out of wood for the bar, and it had lead to Pat periodically yelling at employees or customers who put more wood on the fire than the bare minimum, and the lack of firewood had created plenty of heat for them. So, when I came up there, they had some panic to get it done, the Morrises were on Pat's case, and fearful that it wouldn't get done, and Pat was under pressure to make sure it got done quickly in addition to focusing on the chairlift.

I don't hate Pat, he's just a small man sometimes, and rather than standing up for me he turned the heat on me, wrong move. My son had got a job, and had started paying rent, so though it would save me money, I was really working for the love of it.

So I have a more personal reason than most of the whiners, for not being happy with the operation. The reason I defend the Bowl, is because it's awesome skiing a lot of the time, I have some long time friends who work up there, and it feels like family to me. Also, I am bothered by tools like Stuck who blather on like they know what's going on, when they are just plain wrong. Accuracy and truth mean something to me, and I'm actually bothered by falsehoods that some are so eager to engage in.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

I can definitely say that skiing snowbowl through college made me a better skier. When the conditions align that mountain is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    I can definitely say that skiing snowbowl through college made me a better skier. When the conditions align that mountain is great.
    Word. Mount Dumpy makes great skiers.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Full refresh in the Bowls again. Amazing.

Skinned up Paradise, run on whip cream was really good. Then down west ridge. Awesome day at the skinbowl.

The new chair skied well today. True blues in my opinion. Lots of leftovers on the edges, a good spot to test my aching knees.

Upper Grizzly skied really nice, I would have tried the trees, but was in my own today.

Edit: chatted with Pat today, they expect to work on Lavelle this coming week. They have pulled about a dozen chairs off the cable. Surprisingly (to me), he said they don't need another test/inspection when complete. But that could have been a misunderstanding of my question.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Huh, so it looks like they spun the broken cable line back down to the bottom to conduct the work. Glad to hear that they are moving forward with their attempt to fix it.

Refresh was amazing today, and gave me some extra confidence to explore more of the TV mountain woods. It can get very rowdy on the way down the frontside, especially if you are coming above the t-bar. Overall, the last few days has me pleased about the potential of that area.

Skinned Lavelle for the last run of the day, and was loving the quality of snow all the way down. Fingers crossed for the week ahead.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6837.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	351.1 KB 
ID:	310386

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    The new chair skied well today. True blues in my opinion. Lots of leftovers on the edges, a good spot to test my aching knees.
    Truly epic low-angle meadowskipping on far skier's left. There must be a big grassy area over there because it sure isn't a cut run.

Truly epic low-angle meadowskipping on far skier's left. There must be a big grassy area over there because it sure isn't a cut run.
    This.

And Rasputin, sorry for not liking someone's shitty attitude after giving them $600. Guess I know nothing. I see updates constantly in my Facebook feed from Lookout and Losttrail, but hardly ever anything from Snowbowl. It's almost like someone actually doesn't give a shit about their business.

I'm sure the bowls are good, but it hasn't been deep enough for me to just ditch my buddy. lolz.
    Got a random fist bump from the new lifty today. That was cool. I paid it forward.

How's the powerline skiing?
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Fuck you!,head bump coming your way.

Take the hit, get your revenge.

Gonna light him up like a Gwyneth Paltrow candle.

Change the buddy board ,to the bounty board? 4 bloodies to make Alex, so. Green skis,you are going to have a bad time. My cardio is off the charts from walking.

My Subie stalled out on the way up the road today, I called a friend nearby who is a former mechanic, then coasted all the way down to the dumpsters in neutral to meet him (whee!). We find out that the screw came out of the distributor rotor, and the rotor is messed up. Around then a lady friend pulls up, and I get a ride with her up to the hill. and plan to meet my buddy at the end of the day after he went into town to get a rotor (he had errands anyway).

Had a great day at the bowl, and am impressed at how much additional space Snowbowl now has. The terrain opened by the new lift, by itself, is a complete ski area with terrain ranging from beginner to expert. I skied the East side of TV down to Go Big today, it's still very brushy.

As a rather tall man, I'm glad they dealt with the halo on the second tower, but the first tower is still troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    Change the buddy board ,to the bounty board? 4 bloodies to make Alex, so. Green skis,you are going to have a bad time. My cardio is off the charts from walking.

Secret six! You don't know unless you go.

Oh, and they fixed the halo on tower one.

Glad they are working on those halos.
    Why are we bumping my head?
    Don't worry about it, there's nothing in there. SR, don't you live in Bozeman?
    You all can bump my helmet with your helmet if you take my picture giving 2 thumbs up at Two Thumbs Up.
    You all can also just by me a bloody. Because. Especially Wordbird. Because I said so.
    Oh, how's the gnar that is the now-in-bounds power lines? Looks interesting.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Will the powerline have better shrub control by the power company than Snowbowl's main runs?

They've actually been weedwhacking a lot over the past few summers. Most of Griz Chute was brushed this year (they didn't quite finish all of it).

In other news, a little birdy told me they ran into a problem with the Lavelle cable and it's going to be more complex than they thought.

They've actually been weedwhacking a lot over the past few summers. Most of Griz Chute was brushed this year (they didn't quite finish all of it).

In other news, a little birdy told me they ran into a problem with the Lavelle cable and it's going to be more complex than they thought.
    4 weeks -> 4 months

Snuck away from work today to enjoy a few sunny laps. Decided to poke around the frontside of TV mountain some more. Love how much old growth there is up there, and was finding a lot of well-spaced trees that hadn't yet been touched. Patrol has been putting up some ropes in front of the larger cliff faces, which I found sort of helpful.

Name:	SB_1-15_05.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	310763

The bowl in general was looking pretty good today. There was a rat race of hikers going up Lavelle, more than I've ever seen. Made it easier to make the turn towards TV mountain where there was hardly anyone.

Name:	SB_1-15_01.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	310767

With the new fixes to the Snow Park chair, the first few towers are much easier to deal with.

Name:	SB_1-15_02.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	310764

Pleasant ride all around, especially on a colder and windier morning.

Name:	SB_1-15_03.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	310765

Name:	SB_1-15_04.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	310766

A little refresh will be nice for the weekend. Until then, there are still plenty of deep snow to be skied.

^^ That does look nice. If they get that chair fixed I may be skiing Snowbowl on President's Day weekend.