Page 49 of 191 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 4757
    I've got a favor to ask the MSO mags: I have a new beacon from Arva coming in on Monday, but I've never actually used it before and would love to do some practice with it at home (aka the hotel I'm living in Missoula for the next few months). Does anyone have an old beacon they'd let me borrow for a few nights? I'd gladly give you some beer and break the skin track for you whenever you'd like in exchange.

I know it's kind of a big favor since I don't know any of you, but I've met MTskier; I'm hoping he'd vouch that this probably isn't some elaborate plan for me to steal an old beacon from the kind folks of Missoula

Oh and yes Uncle Crud I currently live on the Front Range and am in Missoula. I know. The sky must be falling.

Snowbowl was decent today. Needs about another 36 inches to make the trees skiable w/o dodging the treesharks lurking underneath the snow. Not much has turned crusty surprisingly from the last snow.

ben fjord is a good dude. i trust him and you guys can too.

Ben, i have a rental beacon at the shop. if you are still searching, stop in and grab it for a few days.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Fuck you.

Travis is a stand up guy who runs a legit shop.

He has helped out alot of people get good gear that helps them enjoy our beautiful part of the world. Not to mention the STOKE he posts on here.

If you are who I think you are, your online persona matches your real-life personality. You are a complete dickhead and 95 percent of the longtime Snowbowl passholders hate your guts.
    Actually, he's good people.....surprisingly mellow. Definitely not one of the old guard at Snowbowl though, I think he just wants to preserve Missoula from cookie cutter development.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    No, the Neffs are 1000000x cooler than creaky fossil and Sue can lap the fuck out him all day.
    While he does have a ridiculous goatee, he certainly skis faster than Sue.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

GO GRIZ!

Thanks T - it didn't occur to me you guys might rent beacons, I'll probably swing by tomorrow or Tuesday and grab on from you guys.

May be the wrong thread (direct me if it is). Anyone up at Big Sky today? Just wondering if they opened up anything more? It was particularly boney a few days ago

the bridger bowl thread should have more info on big sky conditions. none of us ski big sky regularly. this thread is all about the bowl.

Yeah, they like to discuss big sky in the bridger thread.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...end-at-Bridger

Don't forget to mention your love for the Griz too, despite them putting on a much better show against Sam Houston tonight than their beloved cats.

That's what I figured. Thanks guys. Thats the thread I was looking for but for some reason couldn't find it.

I don't believe in jinxes:

SATURDAY THROUGH MONDAY...MODEL GUIDANCE AGREES THAT A SIGNIFICANT SHIFT IN THE UPPER LEVEL PATTERN WILL ARRIVE OVER THE NORTHERN ROCKIES DURING THIS UPCOMING WEEKEND. ONE ELEMENT THAT HAS CONTRIBUTED TO A SURPRISINGLY DRY LA NINA WINTER THUS FAR FOR WESTERN MONTANA AND NORTH CENTRAL IDAHO IS THE ABSENCE OF A STRONG JET STREAM ALOFT. BOTH THE ECMWF AND GFS DEPICT A STRENGTHENING JET STREAM OVER THE NORTHERN ROCKIES AND A MORE STORMY PATTERN. THIS MAY TRANSLATE TO INCREASING CHANCES OF MOUNTAIN SNOW NEXT WEEK. STAY TUNED.

Quote Originally Posted by stizzmt View Post
    I don't believe in jinxes:

SATURDAY THROUGH MONDAY...MODEL GUIDANCE AGREES THAT A SIGNIFICANT SHIFT IN THE UPPER LEVEL PATTERN WILL ARRIVE OVER THE NORTHERN ROCKIES DURING THIS UPCOMING WEEKEND. ONE ELEMENT THAT HAS CONTRIBUTED TO A SURPRISINGLY DRY LA NINA WINTER THUS FAR FOR WESTERN MONTANA AND NORTH CENTRAL IDAHO IS THE ABSENCE OF A STRONG JET STREAM ALOFT. BOTH THE ECMWF AND GFS DEPICT A STRENGTHENING JET STREAM OVER THE NORTHERN ROCKIES AND A MORE STORMY PATTERN. THIS MAY TRANSLATE TO INCREASING CHANCES OF MOUNTAIN SNOW NEXT WEEK. STAY TUNED.
    Too late. You've just hosed everyone.

Yeah we just can't get that jet to slide on down and straight over us.

6"! Legendary dumpage. One day too early for me, damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Too late. You've just hosed everyone.
    Yeah, I guess there's something wrong with the 12" at Stuart Mountain too. People who believe strongly in jinxes am soooo smaht!

I'd love to hear any reports about the snowbowl conditions today. stuck at work all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Fuck you.

Travis is a stand up guy who runs a legit shop.

He has helped out alot of people get good gear that helps them enjoy our beautiful part of the world. Not to mention the STOKE he posts on here.

If you are who I think you are, your online persona matches your real-life personality. You are a complete dickhead and 95 percent of the longtime Snowbowl passholders hate your guts.
    Do the world a favor. Fix your crystal ball, or tea-leaf-reader, or Ouija Board.

As to "complete dickhead," I sure hope Front Range Dickcheeses and Poseur Rack Shop Owners find me a dickhead, because I dig mutual feelings!

I mean, it's clear -- a person can't "enjoy our beautiful part of the world" unless he has a $1,000 "rack system" to show off his gear at the Good Food Store parking lot.

As to the rest of your comments, I continue to laugh at your broken Ouija Board (or whatever).

J Rasputin, I appreciate the kind words on my chinwarming growth. I like ridiculous facial hair. Something you understand from experience yourself, right?

Also, being lapped by Rick & Sue? So it's about "laps" and nothing else? Really?

I'm not really into trying to "lap" anyone, though I guess there's some pedestrian bragging right in that factoid, impressive to someone, somewhere.

And I don't know what is "old guard," certainly there are people who have been skiing at Bowlistan for 40 years, but I don't think any of them is posting here, and none of them owns a Poseur Rack Shop on the "hip strip" where shitty boutique skis and over-expensive racks are sold to Escalade and M-B SUV drivers.

Maybe Travis should build a satellite shop at Mr Allegiance's McMegaMansion on Grant Ck Road? It would be pretty well in-character.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Creaky Fossil is funny. He is also easy to spot because he usually rocks some pseudo-hipster goatee, wears all black, and skis like a grandma with a gigantic icicle up her ass. Seriously though, he is a pretty shitty skier for all the shit-talking he does. He also wears Epic Ski tee shirts.

THAT'S RIGHT: I AM CHALLENGING YOU TO A SKI OFF, YOU LOUDMOUTH BEATER.
    You're much better at e-skiing. I've read the bragging!

Hey look at that, ol' CF is cunting up yet another thread. Super.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Hey look at that, ol' CF is cunting up yet another thread. Super.
    way to deliver the "stoke" brohambleton!

THE INTERWEBTOOBZ IZ REEELZ LIFEZ YO!

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    way to deliver the "stoke" brohambleton!

THE INTERWEBTOOBZ IZ REEELZ LIFEZ YO!
    Reading your wonderful musings, it would seem to be the case. Glad to see your rosy outlook on life hasn't faltered. Keep bringing all those positive vibes. Also, more caps lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Actually, he's good people.....surprisingly mellow. Definitely not one of the old guard at Snowbowl though, I think he just wants to preserve Missoula from cookie cutter development.
    you have seriously flawed judge of character and personality. why defend someone who wrongfully attacks others FOR NO REASON?

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    You're much better at e-skiing. I've read the bragging!
    put up, or shut up. let's ski.

and congrats on becoming an instructor at the bowl. you seem like a real people person.

see you at the bowl.
    Last edited by mtskier; 12-21-2011 at 05:18 PM.