Page 124 of 190 FirstFirst ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 4750
    Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Hey now, no getting mad at Snowbowl lest you be banished to Disco forever.

edit: this is really only a two-day closure since Snowbowl is actually only open for like 3 Tuesdays a year.
    The only reason they would ban me is for passing slow motion idiots on the road up, I know this, because one day, Pat and five maintenance guys came walking up to inform me that if they got any more complaints about me passing cars they'd pull my ticket, Pat added "Ronnie said". Ironically, the car I'd passed that day had pulled over at a turn out.

At least you didn't pull at stuckie and pass the school bus and then try and break JonJon's tibia with your ski boot when he took your pass.

Geeze attacking Jon Jon! What a dick move, Jon is the man!

Fun story, once I was coming down the outrun, and when I got just past the rope tow there were a bunch of kids sitting blocking most of the width of it. Being an outstandingly safe skier, I threw a full hockey stop a few feet before them, while grumbling something about blocking the trail and the skiers' code. It was a warm afternoon, and the kids, now wearing a thick coat of dripping slush, protested to Jon Jon about the cantankerous oldie who just buried them. Jon Jon said to them with a smile: "You probably shouldn't sit there." The Bowl won't be the same without him him on lift ops.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

^^Nice!

Sweet, but I only see one picture from the Bowl?

Also, got some fun dirt from Ronnie yesterday.

1. The lightning strike that hit Griz blew up the electrical on the snowmaking but they didn't realize it until they tried to turn the snowmaking on...which is just classic.

2. The hardest part of the load test on Snow Park was getting the water into the garbage bags that were inside cardboard boxes, because there is no ready supply of water over there.

3. They fucked up the math on the load test on Griz (which they had to do because of the lightning strike forced them to replace all the electronics) and ran it at 150% of max capacity instead of the called-for 110%, so it will be extra-super-double-safe this year.

Sweet, but I only see one picture from the Bowl?

Also, got some fun dirt from Ronnie yesterday.

1. The lightning strike that hit Griz blew up the electrical on the snowmaking but they didn't realize it until they tried to turn the snowmaking on...which is just classic.

2. The hardest part of the load test on Snow Park was getting the water into the garbage bags that were inside cardboard boxes, because there is no ready supply of water over there.

3. They fucked up the math on the load test on Griz (which they had to do because of the lightning strike forced them to replace all the electronics) and ran it at 150% of max capacity instead of the called-for 110%, so it will be extra-super-double-safe this year.
    Hey, sidecountry counts. Shows the snowpack up high anyway. I assume these are recent?

Damn, Ronnie musta had a few drinks to spill all them beans...good gossip though.

I don't think those are this year. Griz hasn't even spun yet.

Well, that's good, I guess. Always a bit scary when the chair is swinging over the snowmaking pond.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Hmmm....does that mean the lift can be run to take twelve minutes like it used to, before they put in the wrong gearbox so it takes fifteen minutes? Well, of course it doesn't.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Well, that's good, I guess. Always a bit scary when the chair is swinging over the snowmaking pond.
    The rope tow is always available, Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    The rope tow is always available, Princess.
    Thanks
    No longer stuck.

Gah, want

Since we are posting Snowbowl shots from last year, I have a few that can be added.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snowbowl_general01.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	305597

Name:	Snowbowl_general07.jpg 
Size:	828.8 KB 
ID:	305600

Name:	snowbowl_feb18th2019.jpg 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	305598

Name:	Snowbowl_general05.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	995.9 KB 
ID:	305602

Name:	Snowbowl_general04.jpg 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	305601

Name:	Snowbowl_general03.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	305599

Fingers crossed for this midweek storm to be in our favor.

Well, SOMEone will be open by this weekend
    No longer stuck.

Name:	IMG_6493.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	355.8 KB 
ID:	306049

^ the Snowbowl office is looking clean as ever

Just went in to pick up my pass again, since last Friday they fucked up and put someone else's picture on my pass.

Ronnie and the other gal are completely clueless looking for my pass (that they couldn't find), and it appears that they dropped the ball on getting a new one printed. They said "we will fix it", without sounding the slightest bit convincing.

Useless.

Saturday evening snow squall north of town must have been pretty strong. 93 was closed north of the Wye and now they are saying chains required from Evero to Arlee. Hoping that has a direct hit on the Bowl.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yasss got my pass finally. 3rd time is the charm.

Snowing pretty good in town now. High hopes for a bowl opening tomorrow.

If it doesn't open tomorrow I'll be at the LT.

They just posted in Facebook for a "around noon" opening. No grooming, experience only, likely just the top.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Snowbowl is past their projected opening date, so Pat is sweating with the early opening. I wonder if they'll survive the ridge this week.

So saplings everywhere (that they continue to do nothing about).
    If I can get my ankle to stop being so swollen that I can't lock it in a ski boot, I'll get up there.
    No longer stuck.

It was good. Thanks for not coming.

Weed whackers were deployed this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    Just went in to pick up my pass again, since last Friday they fucked up and put someone else's picture on my pass.
    One year when I lived up there they spelled my name wrong on my pass, I pointed it out and Ronnie said "I don't care if you don't" so I kept it. Snowbowl North has much more character than Snowbowl South. Never change.
    It sucks to suck.

So saplings everywhere (that they continue to do nothing about).
    What do YOU do about the saplings? Have you ever cut a single one? Perhaps, Mr. I'm-so-broke-I can't-afford-a-car-or-a-touring-set-up, you should go work for your pass instead of buying one, then you would have more money, would get to fight the good fight against the saplings, and would learn, what you so consistently prove you don't know, about how Snowbowl is operated.

Snow was good today up top. Fatter skis and being light on your feet allowed some solid tree laps.

It was definitely the base building material we needed, and I hope we can get some more this way soon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    What do YOU do about the saplings? Have you ever cut a single one? Perhaps, Mr. I'm-so-broke-I can't-afford-a-car-or-a-touring-set-up, you should go work for your pass instead of buying one, then you would have more money, would get to fight the good fight against the saplings, and would learn, what you so consistently prove you don't know, about how Snowbowl is operated.
    I would pay $5 bucks to see this exchange in person. Two bigly personalities.