Page 162 of 191 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 4758
    Quote Originally Posted by toastybroski View Post
    Snowbowl is an awesome mountain. I was completely caught off guard given how much shit I hear about it from people at Great Divide and around Helena. People are confusing.
    Go ahead and tell them you came, saw, and they were right. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    So, the latest word on the next chairlift, up to the top of TV from the base area is, that Snowbowl has bought a brand new triple from Skytrac who will do the installation as well, which should be completed by next season. No I am not kidding. The Mayor told me he heard Pat say it, C-Rad told me that he'd heard it from Brad and Pat, so that's pretty much a lock.

Feel free to wager.....
    After a year of Snow Park with little kids I don't really get why a new lift is needed straight up TV. I would rather see Griz replaced with something that just works all the time. Oh well, I guess that's why Ronnie gets to make the decisions.
    Last edited by RootSkier; 01-03-2022 at 03:25 PM.

heading up after my work meetings to investigate the situation

Should be great.
    I'm in bed because I'm physically and emotionally drained. I will probably die broke and alone. Go me!
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Should be great.
    I'm in bed because I'm physically and emotionally drained. I will probably die broke and alone. Go me!
    Yo Stucky! Don’t get down on yourself man. Get out and about. Don’t just sit at home and wallow. Take care Stuck and go ski man! It’s good for the soul. Don’t need to charge. Just go and enjoy the time.

Yeah man! If you are going to wallow in self pity you may as well do it while you are wallowing in the snow! I hope things are looking up soon.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    After going up there today, I recommend that people stay home tomorrow, and avoid the terrible driving conditions. Safety first!
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Truly dangerous conditions. Nobody should risk their lives on the road. Plowed and sanded my ass.

Rasputin's post reads a little more sarcastic, and it sounds like Rootskier maybe slid off the road?

Either way, I'll just chain up 'cuz tomorrows Friday and I'm committed to getting pitted!

What an odd day (maybe this is normal and I haven't experienced it here yet). I was in the lot a little before 9 ND saw the line already forming for Griz. Bowl toad wasn't bad that early, Grant Creek was worse.

Pic of the lineup below, didn't seem terrible. A warmup run up top then a bowl run. No line, no waiting at Griz (seemed odd). I noted that the parking lot was full as I rode up, maybe 10:30.

No lines more than 2 min all morning. Skiing was good, a nice refresh from earlier this week. I tired myself out and left after lunch. On the way down (1pm) cars were parked a long ways down the road and I probably saw 30 cars coming up. Roads in much worse condition on the way down.

No skiing photos, but I'm really digging lunch at the A-frame.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

^
    Black Jesus and pressed ham .

I expected longer lines, then never had to wait to get on a chair. Got there way later than planned, parked in lot 2, went over to snowpark and had good runs there, then wound up all over and ran into a friend to ski with until last chair. Found good snow all day.

Lot of face shots from those 4 inches ;-o =D

Should be great.
    Get out and make some turns the bowl doesnt ski like this often. Smash a bloody mary or 2 afterwards and breath in the fresh air of being a mother fucker that had a great day! Booze and skiing the great distractor....

This is turning into arguably the biggest workout of the season so far. Some heavy ass snow out there, and it skis great, but my legs are getting trashed really quick.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quite a day, to say the least.

- Snow was dense at the top, and positive cascade concrete-like at the bottom. Gonna need a good storm to bury that bottom layer.

- There has been some seriously hungry-hungry-hippies chasing turns up there. A real sense of people getting at it, leaving no stone unturned across the mountain.

- A skunk decided to take up residence around the Griz bottom shack. And no, it definitely wasn’t some overly-pungent grass, though legalization is really leaving no turn unstoned.

The low cloud deck made me feel like I was back at whitefish:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3994.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	348.3 KB 
ID:	400114

Name:	IMG_3983.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	351.6 KB 
ID:	400115

Some shooting cracks out there:

Name:	IMG_4007.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	343.2 KB 
ID:	400116

Seeking out safer aspects:

Name:	IMG_3991.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	338.4 KB 
ID:	400117

Overall some great turns to be had, and hoping that tonight’s cold front finishes off the pineapple punch in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by wordbird View Post
    Had a good day riding with an a missoula mag. Sucks that I missed you jenks, but schedules didn't work out. Maybe I can catch you for a tour or a bowl day in March, hopefully my trip schedule permits another day at the old stomping grounds. Power lines were in the most mediocre condition, but had to be poached under new rules(wouldn't recommend that to the pass holders?). Really all-time, especially with the new quick approach available! Even regular laps on normal runs were kinda mediocre.
    You can't even write a sentence properly JONG

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by senior researcher View Post
    Thanks, I enjoyed that.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Cleanup crew was out yesterday, finding those last bits of untracked to sweep up

Name:	IMG_4022.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	655.5 KB 
ID:	400407

Looking filled in

Name:	IMG_4034.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	309.8 KB 
ID:	400409

Sunny afternoons

Name:	IMG_4036.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	292.8 KB 
ID:	400408

Clear and sunny up there today. Felt like a spring day. I think it was 30 in town as I drove up. 32 in the parking lot at 10:15. I counted under 80 cars. Annie was firm, so groomers seemed to be the call for everyone. Paradise was terrible, chicken heads for the entire last third. Snow warmed up nicely, headwall at 2pm was decent, would have been great spring conditions in another 30min.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

^ looks like it was a fun time up there

Went for an afternoon hour of hot laps up at he bowl, and my god was it terrible. Serious dust on crust for the top half of the mountain, and icy mank on the lower half. With the right pair of skis, you could manage to have some fun, but it was a short afternoon.

A little spooky up top:

Name:	IMG_4142.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	422.0 KB 
ID:	401175

Optimism prevails:

Name:	IMG_4146.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	401177

Anything but a powder day...

Name:	IMG_4141.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	314.8 KB 
ID:	401176

... but still a good time.

Name:	IMG_4170.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	379.0 KB 
ID:	401339

Name:	IMG_4180.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	345.7 KB 
ID:	401340

Late night bites at the Ox.

When was the last time any of you missoula maggots found yourselves patronizing this place? Been a hot minute on this side of the lunch tray.

spent many early AMs
    back in the UM days
    chowing down brains n eggs at the Ox
    after closing out Charlie B's or the Top Hat
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

MMMMMineral.